How accurate is the Police certificate

A friend of mine was staying in Thailand for almost five years. During that time he was caught with possession of marijuana. The case reached the court level with no proper trial. Eventually, he was made to pay a fine of 1500 baht and a slap on the wrist. This was about two years ago.

My question is, if he were to obtain a thai police certificate, would this record show up? 

I am asking this because a police certificate would be needed for a visa application abroad.

Any information or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, Bald Head Slick said:

am asking this because a police certificate would be needed for a visa application abroad.

I have never heard of, or been asked for, a "police certificate" for any of my visits or long term residence in Thailand.  I am talking about coming  from the UK.

Which country are you talking about and what type of visa and or applicants require this certificate?

Edited by scottiejohn

Surely the best way would be to order a certificate and see what is on it? If it's clear go ahead and apply for a visa. If the drug possession is on it he'll probably have to forget the idea or take legal advice.

You haven't mentioned which nationality your friend is.

UK visa applications ask about criminal history and I have no doubt that Canada does too but you haven’t really supplied enough info.