Renewal of British Passport

I had the same sort of treatment a few months ago. The only Bug bare is the getting there. For most peeps it's an overnight stay in a hotel.

I had a bit of luck as I had to go to BKK to pick someone up from the airport got a phone call on the way there saying Passport was ready to pick up. Managed to kill two birds with one stone.

Why they cant send (For a price) by post this end I don't know.

The price is 114 + pounds inc: (Big Passport) + the hotel bill and travel cost. That doubles it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I cannot find their phone number or email address at  http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/index.html . Is there another website?

It appears this website is for visas only. 

Only a email address is shown here after going through the steps  https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/renew/adult

I think you have to call the UK for info on passport applications.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Out of interest, would it be possible to apply for a new passport via post to our country of origin (UK)?

Basically the answer is no.

I guess you could do it if you had somebody in the UK you could mail the application and your current passport to and were willing to mail it to the passport office. And of course you would need to be willing to take the risk of not having a your passport for several weeks and the possible loss of it.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I guess you could do it if you had somebody in the UK you could mail the application and your current passport to and were willing to mail it to the passport office. And of course you would need to be willing to take the risk of not having a your passport for several weeks and the possible loss of it.

Most Immigration offices require the letter asking Immigration to transfer the stamps, if somebody did you what you suggested above they would not have this letter

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

Most Immigration offices require the letter asking Immigration to transfer the stamps, if somebody did you what you suggested above they would not have this letter

I did not really suggest it or did you miss all the negatives I did in my post.

As far as the embassy letter problem it would be no different than a person getting their passport while in the UK. People that did that have been able to get a letter from the embassy.

15 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

I live in nong khai, and I don't trust these photo shops to do it correctly.

I think if you printed out this page that shows the requirements and showed it to them most photo shops could get it right.  https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Also not hard to double check them yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I did not really suggest it or did you miss all the negatives I did in my post.

As far as the embassy letter problem it would be no different than a person getting their passport while in the UK. People that did that have been able to get a letter from the embassy.

I would say stating the following would count under the definition of suggestion as a suggestion Joe

"I guess you could do it if you had somebody in the UK you could mail the application and your current passport to and were willing to mail it to the passport office" 

That Joe is a suggestion

I know some people on this forum see you as some kind of God but that does not mean you cannot be questioned on something you have said, like we all can

7 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I would say stating the following would count under the definition of suggestion as a suggestion Joe

It would of been better if you had of quoted the entire post instead quoting it out of context.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't consider it a suggestion.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how closely HMPO look at passports, but there is also the small matter of having a Thailand entry stamp and no exit stamp.

It would not take a brain surgeon to see that you were located in Thailand and must follow the procedures for overseas passport applications.

Not saying it cannot be done/hasn’t been done - it is just the rules are very clear for overseas applications.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It would of been better if you had of quoted the entire post instead quoting it out of context.

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't consider it a suggestion.

I quoted your entire post in my first post Joe

You are stating it can't be done but then stating a way it could possibly be done, that Joe is a suggestion

Anyway nevermind