Phuket project begins in install power cables underground

webfact

Phuket project begins in install power cables underground

The Phuket News

1518146430_1-org.jpg

The survey yesterday was the first step in drawing up plans and and determining an estimated cost for the project. Photo: Kathu Municipality

PHUKET: A survey along a section of Wichit Songkran Rd began yesterday (Feb 8) ahead of plans to install power cables underground in the heart of Kathu.

The plan aims to start installing power cables underground along Wichit Songkram Rd, from the intersection with Phra Phuket Kaew Rd to Wat Kathu, within the next two months.

The survey team by Kathu Municipality Public Works Division officials, and joined by Mayor Kathu Chaianan Sutthikul, also included officials from the Phuket Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) office.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-project-begins-in-install-power-cables-underground-65903.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-09

20 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

So, electrocutions in Thailand about to go up in Flood season !

Underground cables, my dear Sir, tend to be very well insulated and protected against water ingress.

Less chance of "accidents" as with overground cabling.

Says someone from a country where all cables are underground for 75-100 years, and more ,up till 7 metres below sea level.

The cheapest way, like in the US, is seldom the best way.

Improving the roads is good and needed.

Maybe i paranoid but right now is there only 1 single street which they not 'improve' ??? Only 1 on complete Phuket???

Every street they dug and smears some millimeter tarmac......endless merry go round. Horrible.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Underground cables, my dear Sir, tend to be very well insulated and protected against water ingress.

Says someone from a country where all cables are underground for 75-100 years, and more ,up till 7 metres below sea level.

The cheapest way, like in the US, is seldom the best way.

"Underground cables, my dear Sir, tend to be very well insulated and protected against water ingress." - true, but do you think these underground cables, and the way they are installed, will be the same as in The US????

I don't think so. 

Just look at how many electrocutions there are here.  Eg. swimming pools in hotels. 

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

Yes but this is Thailand with famous Thai engineering and quality standards. Expect death soon - or new excuse of electrocution spasm when hitting another bike or car on the wet road !

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes but this is Thailand with famous Thai engineering and quality standards. Expect death soon - or new excuse of electrocution spasm when hitting another bike or car on the wet road !

The cables have been under the ground along Karon beach for the 2 years or so. Never heard of any accidents/failures.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

bit old but....

Hmm, yet again a  (5 year old) post not relevant to Phuket (unless Bangkok and other places north, etc have moved) posted on a PHUKET thread. Thank you for your time and effort.

Archived