Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Appeal For Blood Donors A negative or O negative

Featured Replies

My friend who is resident in Chiang Rai has been taken ill and has been transferred to Chiang Mai Hospital in an effort to obtain blood that is needed for an operation. He is blood type A negative, however, those people can safely receive red blood cell donations only from A negative and O negative blood types. At present, he still requires donors and I would kindly ask that anyone in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai consider stepping forward and donating blood. Please DM me if you are able to assist and I will disclose further information. Many thanks in anticipation.

I always find it interesting that Thai hospitals would allow someone needing blood to die as opposed to taking blood offered by someone over 60 years old unless they donated blood before 60. And anyone over 70 - "Rather the patient die that accept your old blood." 🩸👴🏼👵🏼

In the US, there are no age restrictions on donors. Just normal screening.

4 minutes ago, connda said:

I always find it interesting that Thai hospitals would allow someone needing blood to die as opposed to taking blood offered by someone over 60 years old unless they donated blood before 60. And anyone over 70 - "Rather the patient die that accept your old blood." 🩸👴🏼👵🏼

In the US, there are no age restrictions on donors. Just normal screening.

Many countries have age restrictions.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Many countries have age restrictions.

Apparently Thailand has an age restriction of 70 years for accepting blood donations.

29 minutes ago, Golden Brown said:

Apparently Thailand has an age restriction of 70 years for accepting blood donations.

Along with many other countries.

Nobody posted about your request. Hope others can help and I would if I lived in Chiang Mai.

  • Author
1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Nobody posted about your request. Hope others can help and I would if I lived in Chiang Mai.

Thank you so much. My friend has been in hospital now for 2 weeks and I am praying someone will come forward and donate. He cannot get the operation he needs without having the blood available. I would hate to be in this position, hence the reason for my post here.

5 hours ago, connda said:

I always find it interesting that Thai hospitals would allow someone needing blood to die as opposed to taking blood offered by someone over 60 years old unless they donated blood before 60. And anyone over 70 - "Rather the patient die that accept your old blood." 🩸👴🏼👵🏼

In the US, there are no age restrictions on donors. Just normal screening.

Potential elderly donors should do as I do each time I donate blood - lie about your age!

43 minutes ago, Golden Brown said:

Thank you so much. My friend has been in hospital now for 2 weeks and I am praying someone will come forward and donate. He cannot get the operation he needs without having the blood available. I would hate to be in this position, hence the reason for my post here.

Post another thread in the general section and give more information about your friend. Where exactly in Chiang Mai and how the donation will be directed to him. Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.