Soi Hongnam: Sukhumvit Soi 7 has become the city center’s de facto public toilet

snoop1130

Soi Hongnam: Sukhumvit Soi 7 has become the city center’s de facto public toilet

By Laurel Tuohy

tythfg.JPG

Some resourceful soul tried to resolve the lack of toilets of the street by fashioning one out of a bucket.

One rarely considered side street in Nana has become home to several pop-up bars each evening, drawing a mix of regulars, tourists, and working girls — and all without a bathroom in sight.

Unless, of course, you count this DIY facility crafted out of a bucket, toilet seat, and shower curtain by some ingenious — and perhaps desperate — soul.

The natural result of the bar minus toilet situation on the street has meant drinkers have used the sidewalk as their bathroom for the past few years. As one does.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/soi-hongnam-sukhumvit-soi-7-become-city-centers-de-facto-public-toilet/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-2-9

i live in a different area of bangkok near a pleasant square, there are two public toilet blocks within 3-5 mins walk but the locals insist on using an area near and behind a telephone exchange box as their toilet. it's unpleasant for passers by and i pity the poor TOT guys who have to come and work on the wiring in the box. disgusting.

What do you expect in a city with no public toilets?

I was there yesterday and walked past 50 no littering signs and not one single trash can. 

At  least it's easier to hold an empty bottle for an hour than a full bladder. 

I have been talking about this for 15 years ,,,, then Soi 13 where the poor maid from the tailor shop

had to clean shit off the doorsteps every morning.

As long as the police allow unlicensed portable bars to operate until sun up (they no doubt take their cut ) with no provision for 

the obvious this will remain.

The walk down to Trendy is like a " Urea Soi

16 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

I remember my first trip to New York and the overpowering smell of urine in the side streets.

So which one is 3rd world?

This is not about New York. It seems to be about an area in Bangkok.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:23 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

It is not only Thai people I see farangs take a piss on beach every night and meny do it on beach chairs so bad and we have toilet here in jomtien 5-10 baht 

I've warmed the water in Jomtein many times:burp::burp:

On 2/10/2018 at 12:30 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

It has always amazed me how lazy some people are, as they will be in view of a washroom, but

relieve themselves on the sidewalk to avoid walking that extra distance to the toilet. Disgusting!

Not much different from the people who will drive around a parking lot for 10 minutes looking for a spot that's 25 meters closer to the door.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Not much different from the people who will drive around a parking lot for 10 minutes looking for a spot that's 25 meters closer to the door.

There's a similarity between pissing in the street and getting a more convenient parking place?  

Asoke has it's wonderful Urea odor too between the 7/11 near Cowboy to the mail box near the Pullman every morning.  Watched some quality Chinese tourists last night bring their screaming brats out of that 7/11 around 7pm and had them pee on the steps just outside.  A few Thais said something, but the parents just stared at those saying anything.  Just a normal evening these days......

Archived