Selfie warning as woman dies in Bangkok train collision

snoop1130

tyu.JPG

The state railways have warned people never to take chances with trains and not take selfies on the tracks after a woman died.

Wilailak, 28, had been drinking beer with her friend Amnat, 24, when they decided to go on the tracks for some selfies.

They were hit by a train near the Sam Sen station in Phayathai district. She lost a leg and and later died in Ramathibodi Hospital. He suffered head trauma and is recovering in Wachira Hospital.

Deputy director of operations at the state railways Somyuth Reuanngam said that everyone should stay off the tracks. People who survived being hit by trains said that they never heard them coming, he said.

People should never take chances and certainly not take selfies. It is very easy to become distracted and trains are unforgiving usually resulting in death or serious injury at best in the event of a collision. 

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/626245

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-2-9

I worked on the Northern Line LUL based at Kennington Oval station. A guy got off of the last train as it pulled off he started to run along platform waving to his mates on the train he ran into the headwall fell onto the train and it dragged him into the tunnel cutting his legs off and he bled to death in the tunnel.

Trains and Railways are a dangerous environment to play around in

I lived very close to West Brompton London Underground  station (Lillie Road) as a child maybe 58 years back, me & my brothers would play on the Underground tracks, never thought anything of it at the time, however as I got older, maybe 7 years old and being hauled in by the police to my parents on numerous occasions we soon got the message that it wasn't a good idea.

After that we used to bunk into Earls Court Exhibition centre where they used to hold the Royal Tournament and lots of international expos :smile: When the international expos were on we used to take stink bombs in the results were as FAF 

As kids we used to hop the local slow moving freight trains near our house.  Jumping on the rear of the train was easy.  There steps, ladders, hand rails.  But one day we ran along side the train and jumped up onto the open box car.  I did it and basically didn't make the jump. I was dangling there on the edge with my torso inside, my waste and legs dangling.  I had nothing to hold onto and I was slipping backwards and probably would have fell right under wheels/tracks.  Luckily my bigger friends were already in the box car and pulled me in.  Don't fck with trains.  We were stupid kids, but taking selfies and not hearing a train?  Every train I have seen in Thailand makes quite a racket

I was a railroad conductor for 40 yrs freight and passenger service . I can tell you 100's of stories of  of people getting hurt or killed. Right before i retired  we cut a person in half 20 ft from the platform that  wanted to kill himself. That was # 4 for me in my 40 yrs. Needless to say the stress you have and your never really the same. Sad !

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Really?

thats the take away message?

the phones these days should come with a warning attached... maybe a bing bong every time the camera app is activated.

What’s that... maybe too many bongs already... bing bong.

15 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I worked on the Northern Line LUL based at Kennington Oval station. A guy got off of the last train as it pulled off he started to run along platform waving to his mates on the train he ran into the headwall fell onto the train and it dragged him into the tunnel cutting his legs off and he bled to death in the tunnel.

Trains and Railways are a dangerous environment to play around in

did you really. i was one of the guys that got brought on as guards that got trained up within 6 months to be an operator as they changed to the new stock based in morden depot. obviously we had to then be fed out to other lines and they wanted to stick me in elephant and castle depot. a few months later i was in thailand. was boring as hell. couldn't see myself doing it for the rest of my life. i was 18 at the time. drove the new stock for a few months. saved up some cash and came here to backpack. decent money, pension and conditions though. and decent extra time off with the RMT strike days haha

Trains are called silent killers. Walk along a track and you won't even hear the train approaching. I know almost happened to me. I stepped off the track and a.few seconds later a train wizzed by. Angel watching after me that day.

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

did you really. i was one of the guys that got brought on as guards that got trained up within 6 months to be an operator as they changed to the new stock based in morden depot. obviously we had to then be fed out to other lines and they wanted to stick me in elephant and castle depot. a few months later i was in thailand. was boring as hell. couldn't see myself doing it for the rest of my life. i was 18 at the time. drove the new stock for a few months. saved up some cash and came here to backpack. decent money, pension and conditions though. and decent extra time off with the RMT strike days haha

I was P Way worked out of Oval and then Angel

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

I was P Way worked out of Oval and then Angel

the old stock were fun to drive. had to actually drive them. as a guard before being an operator, bloody awful and had to close those doors at some point and keep yours open until the train left the platform. think spit. the new stock they brought in. going back a while. soo easy. don't have to see anyone except on a tv screen in front of you. and most are now going automated like the victoria line. those drivers just read books. boris threatened them not to go on strike other wise he'd sack the lot 5555. the truth is. those trains don't need drivers. just guards on half the money and i believe all stations should be manned by station staff. absolutely

15 hours ago, Happy enough said:

the old stock were fun to drive. had to actually drive them. as a guard before being an operator, bloody awful and had to close those doors at some point and keep yours open until the train left the platform. think spit. the new stock they brought in. going back a while. soo easy. don't have to see anyone except on a tv screen in front of you. and most are now going automated like the victoria line. those drivers just read books. boris threatened them not to go on strike other wise he'd sack the lot 5555. the truth is. those trains don't need drivers. just guards on half the money and i believe all stations should be manned by station staff. absolutely

A mate of mine is a freight train driver in Aus. He said you need two hands to drive a train one for the dead mans handle and the other one for a bacon sandwich

Archived