blood urgently needed

meatboy

this for the KORAT AREA 3bags of blood needed urgently needed to save the life of my beloved SAM.

three dogs with a clean bill of health,they must be over 20kilo,males would be better unless the females who are not with pups.

be willing to come to our vets for testing to be matched with our boy.

there will be no expence what so ever.

pm.me please.for details.

MEATBOY LOVE ME LOVE MY DOG.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

V sorry to hear this, and hope you find someone who is able to help.

we have had some positive help already,a vet is on her way to take one sample now.so we hope it matches.

one member has also offered the services of his 2 dogs if needed,but its a long drive for the vet to take samples but once we have 3 that matches they have to come back for the blood to be taken.

TAFF.

• Like 2

Did I read correctly about his spleen being removed?

Why is that happening all of a sudden? He was pretty good last time we spoke. 

Seeing as your boy is pretty susceptible to infections as it is, that susceptibility will increase without a spleen, not to mention longer recovery times from any future infections (although dogs live much better than humans without a spleen). 

He was quite stable when we spoke last time, so if he still is I would get a few second opinions before taking out his spleen to make sure it is necessary. Just due to how often he gets infected here in Thai. I wouldn't worry back home, but Thai just adds some variables...as it is thought to increase susceptibility to Babesia, and possibly Rickettsia.

Edited by wildewillie89

45 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Did I read correctly about his spleen being removed?

Why is that happening all of a sudden? He was pretty good last time we spoke. 

Seeing as your boy is pretty susceptible to infections as it is, that susceptibility will increase without a spleen, not to mention longer recovery times from any future infections (although dogs live much better than humans without a spleen). 

He was quite stable when we spoke last time, so if he still is I would get a few second opinions before taking out his spleen to make sure it is necessary. Just due to how often he gets infected here in Thai. I wouldn't worry back home, but Thai just adds some variables...as it is thought to increase susceptibility to Babesia, and possibly Rickettsia.

the reason why his spleen has to be removed is another case of vetinary incompetence.2months it had grown so after a ultra sound there was no danger,but it had been growing and our vet done f-all so the wife took him to kohn kaen vetinary hospital where they were very concerned that it was up against the wall of his stomach and in danger  of bursting.after our vet had kept saying we must keep him on doxy after 18 weeks the wife had decided enough was enough.although no parasites were found his RBC was still very low 2.6. his hemacrite was very low [19]after 10hrs.the doctors said he also needed a blood transfusion.so 3 bags of blood from cross matching were needed very quickly.2 samples have been taken today and hope they can match our boy.myself I was not happy about the medication he was being given another case of a vet keeping the gravy train going[money]

I will you you posted as its ver hard for me to come to terms what could happen to him.

TAFF

3 hours ago, Arjen said:

Is it possible to take the samples at an other vet? Or has it to be yours?

I mean we have thirteen dogs, also a few big males. A big change there is a match? Or does it not work like this?

Good luck my friend!

Arjen.

hi mate the cross matching of blood is very complicated,but today we have been lucky,a neighbourof ours heard about sam and got in touch with a relative who is a vet,and told her to help all she can.so the first sample was taken from a dog near us then one from sam to send to the lab.as the sample from sam was ok.to use up to 5pm.they went and got another sample after an hrs.drive.now hopefully they match.and the vet has got 2 more that is 4 in total.

TAFF

3 hours ago, meatboy said:

the reason why his spleen has to be removed is another case of vetinary incompetence.2months it had grown so after a ultra sound there was no danger,but it had been growing and our vet done f-all so the wife took him to kohn kaen vetinary hospital where they were very concerned that it was up against the wall of his stomach and in danger  of bursting.after our vet had kept saying we must keep him on doxy after 18 weeks the wife had decided enough was enough.although no parasites were found his RBC was still very low 2.6. his hemacrite was very low [19]after 10hrs.the doctors said he also needed a blood transfusion.so 3 bags of blood from cross matching were needed very quickly.2 samples have been taken today and hope they can match our boy.myself I was not happy about the medication he was being given another case of a vet keeping the gravy train going[money]

I will you you posted as its ver hard for me to come to terms what could happen to him.

TAFF

No good. Yes, will need the transfusion before the surgery if at 19. 

13 hours ago, meatboy said:

hi mate the cross matching of blood is very complicated,but today we have been lucky,a neighbourof ours heard about sam and got in touch with a relative who is a vet,and told her to help all she can.so the first sample was taken from a dog near us then one from sam to send to the lab.as the sample from sam was ok.to use up to 5pm.they went and got another sample after an hrs.drive.now hopefully they match.and the vet has got 2 more that is 4 in total.

TAFF

4samples taken yesterday no match's.

I feel for you buddy. Can't help out unfortunately but hoping you can sort it out.

My boy is getting to his last stages. We are going to have to make a decision soon.

It's a tough call to make and trying to persuade a Buddhist wife, that it is the best for him, is very difficult !!

Good luck and keep us posted on his progress.

Just now, Arjen said:

And do not forget to convince your bhuddist vet. My wife is also bhuddist, but she is "happy" (sorry, my English is not good enough to find a better word) to end the suffering from an animal. And we are lucky to have a vet (also bhuddist) who also does not have problems with ending the live of a beloved pet.

Hey Arjen,

Yup we have a vet in our town that will do it when necessary. Hard to find but they are out there...

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hey Arjen,

Yup we have a vet in our town that will do it when necessary. Hard to find but they are out there...

thanks mate's I too am going to find a vet that will end any suffering when the time comes.last evening when we got the news not a match out of 4,it has hit the wife badly who's been putting on a brave face.the big problem is,its got to be fresh blood,but there are at least 8 different blood groups.any vet in the korat area that is willing and available 24hrs.i will give him or her a big brown envelope.another hurdle is that the blood has to be collected in the evening then the blood and sam have to be rushed to kohn kaen hospital.the wife will phoning chula.in Bangkok to see if they can help.as we have someone standing by ready to transport sam to hospital.i myself are not helping my wife one bit as I cant control my emosions.i the  will keep you all upto date

meatboy love me love my dog.

• Like 1

latest update,another 4 fine people presented their loved ones for testing,sadly still no match.we now understand how difficult it is to get a match not one but three,with a dogs blood group being at least 8 different ones.

so that is 8 dogs that have been tested Thursday and Friday,that includes 3 husky's.

my self and the wife would like to thank them that have traveled and taken the time to help save the life of our beloved.

meatboy and mrs meat.love me love my dog.

I know there has been a few members in the past who have suffered the same as what I am going through.

as I have never suffered the same grief,when do the tears stop as I am not helping my wife.

with me having more than enough problems of my own I am not considering them so I am dragging the wife down as well as she has to worry about me as well as SAM.but I just cant stop thinking as what can happen to our beloved.

its been 32 happy yrs,that we have together,and over 6yrs.of more than enough love who our boy has given us and its about to come to an end.i have tried to come to terms when on my own but the more I think of whats coming is not helping one bit.i have always posted yrs.before I just hope I can go before him,now I have to make sure I don't.

wether its a proper way of expressing my feelings on here but I have come out with them.

meatboy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Arjen said:

One solution I can think off is going to a dog shelter. Give them a big donation, and take frrom as many as possible dogs a blood sample. Now you are fishing in a small pond. 

I really feel for you and Mrs Meatboy.

Arjen.

thanks mate right now its getting hard for me to respond to members,we are now getting people coming to the house to give us support.

meatboy.

4 hours ago, meatboy said:

I know there has been a few members in the past who have suffered the same as what I am going through.

as I have never suffered the same grief,when do the tears stop as I am not helping my wife.

with me having more than enough problems of my own I am not considering them so I am dragging the wife down as well as she has to worry about me as well as SAM.but I just cant stop thinking as what can happen to our beloved.

its been 32 happy yrs,that we have together,and over 6yrs.of more than enough love who our boy has given us and its about to come to an end.i have tried to come to terms when on my own but the more I think of whats coming is not helping one bit.i have always posted yrs.before I just hope I can go before him,now I have to make sure I don't.

wether its a proper way of expressing my feelings on here but I have come out with them.

meatboy.

Believe me, I understand your feelings having been through something similar recently with two of my beloved dogs - one straight after the other.  It was 18 months of pure hell, and ongoing as the pain of such devastating loss remains :sad:.

My heart goes out to you - but I hope you and Sam will be lucky and the operation successful - allowing you many more years together.

Meanwhile, you're obviously going to be worried sick for the next 3 days - but you need to be 'strong' and as cheerful as possible - for Sam's sake.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Believe me, I understand your feelings having been through something similar recently with two of my beloved dogs - one straight after the other.  It was 18 months of pure hell, and ongoing as the pain of such devastating loss remains :sad:.

My heart goes out to you - but I hope you and Sam will be lucky and the operation successful - allowing you many more years together.

Meanwhile, you're obviously going to be worried sick for the next 3 days - but you need to be 'strong' and as cheerful as possible - for Sam's sake.

the wife will be with him and her brother who brought him to us over 6yrs. ago,what the wife is going through is more of the same but she tries to hide it.as she is more westernized after being in the uk.for over 20yrs.she feels the same if he was in any pain and wants someone on standby if it came to that.the hospital in bkk.have spoke with  the wife they will do an ultra sound again to make sure the spleen needs to be removed.as they saw a copy of it today.

meatboy.

On 2/17/2018 at 1:02 PM, meatboy said:

the wife will be with him and her brother who brought him to us over 6yrs. ago,what the wife is going through is more of the same but she tries to hide it.as she is more westernized after being in the uk.for over 20yrs.she feels the same if he was in any pain and wants someone on standby if it came to that.the hospital in bkk.have spoke with  the wife they will do an ultra sound again to make sure the spleen needs to be removed.as they saw a copy of it today.

meatboy.

Message sent. :wai:

20170811_065613.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

On 2/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, meatboy said:

we have a place for SAM at CHULALONGKORN HOSPITAL BANGKOK on Monday 19th.they have his blood group and will do the operation.

TAFF.

Sorry, saw this post too late-we hope that all goes well. Cheers, mate. 

Edited by jenny2017

2 hours ago, meatboy said:

the wife is with him right now,they are to do a complete scan,blood test,x-ray and any thing else a bone marrow test was mentioned.the wife and sam were at here bothers last night and she told me he was like a 2yr.old its hard to believe he is ill.

thank you all for the good wishes.

MEATBOY  lov me love my DOG.

Hang in there Meatboy, best wishes to Sam for his surgery today. As Sheryl said, we are all rooting for him.

so far a blood test has been done 11am.what the wife told me they cant operate for a month.if I was to say WHY I would get done.its something I have been crying out for to be done for over 4months.so if he gets through all this,it will teach us in future as to where and who we go to.the wants to give up any time she has.is just keep taking him to BKK.a ultra sound and scan is taking place now.so thanks to all those who have posted.

meatboy.

38 minutes ago, meatboy said:

so far a blood test has been done 11am.what the wife told me they cant operate for a month.if I was to say WHY I would get done.its something I have been crying out for to be done for over 4months.so if he gets through all this,it will teach us in future as to where and who we go to.the wants to give up any time she has.is just keep taking him to BKK.a ultra sound and scan is taking place now.so thanks to all those who have posted.

meatboy.

I've sent you a pm, but blood test results are always the reason for delaying needed surgery.

A dog with serious problems is more than likely to suffer elevated problems from (otherwise minor) problems. :sad:

P.S. just found the phone number it id 02 557 6608 or mobile no 080 499 3265. If possible have one of the vets at chula talk with them and explain the history etc
Will of course cost more than Chula but should still be much less than Thonglor Pet Hopsital and the like.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

P.S. just found the phone number it id 02 557 6608 or mobile no 080 499 3265. If possible have one of the vets at chula talk with them and explain the history etc
Will of course cost more than Chula but should still be much less than Thonglor Pet Hopsital and the like.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

thanks Sheryl. have taken it down,after all the tests yesterday 6am-5pm.they will let him come home and he has to go back in 2 weeks.the doctor told the wife there are a few concerns as to why they cant do any surgery,e-cainis has shown up again and his platelet count is low.myself I am very angry that the past 3yrs.he has just been used as a ATM.

so for my boys sake he can get through all this,to be loved like we have been is in our hearts hopefully not to be broken.

meatboy.love me love my DOG.

• Like 2