UK PM May heads to Berlin to face tough German line on Brexit

webfact

On 17/02/2018 at 8:35 AM, dick dasterdly said:

Fair enough, so the UK should just leave immediately as there's obviously no benefit in prolonging the agony?

edit - obviously, with no payment to the eu.

Ok, but now you have to ask yourself why the Tories have not just left immediately? Instead they've already agreed to the £50bn payment and way before the trade talks even got started.

Does that sound to you like someone negotiating from a strong position with lots of leverage or a weak position with no leverage?

On 2/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, Air Smiles said:

I think you are being short sighted and suffering delusions of grandeur regarding the UK's position in the world.

The EU have a bigger interest in ensuring the future of the EU ;)

I could be wrong, so lets start by you bullet pointing the progress in the trade talks so far?

Quite.

Just after the referendum I brought up the subject of CE marking but it was dismissed as an insignificant issue. Recently the EC has stated that after March 19 2019 CE certificates issued in the UK will become null and void. This means that products that have been certified in the UK will have to be recertified in the EU before they can be placed on the EU market. It should also be taken into consideration that some non EU countries accept UK goods because they carry the CE mark, that business will also be affected.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=5a63d4b4-4387-4b66-a934-1e5089195d19

Many of the smaller manufacturers will not want the hassle or the expense so are quite likely to downsize and stop exporting.