Army chief admits Thai police cannot arrest Thaksin and Yingluck without the help of the Interpol

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Redline said:

Because no police force or military can arrest anybody anywhere outside of their own borders without permission from that country's authorities.  I suppose war zones are and exception?  And, as stated above, Interpol has no policing force, and this is seen as a political issue borne by a military non-elected government~to most countries.  It is also believed that the judicial system in Thailand is corrupt, and biased~apparently Thai people think this as well.  Therefore, to insinuate that the Thai police, or military, have super special powers, with or without Interpol, to capture anyone outside Thailand is misleading and false.

I really do not understand why you have addressed that to me.

"Because no police force or military can arrest anybody anywhere outside of their own borders..."

I know that. I said that, or similar. 

"And, as stated above, Interpol has no policing force..." 

I know that. I said that, or similar. 

"It is also believed that the judicial system in Thailand is corrupt, and biased..."

Are you quoting Interpol there? If not, how is it relevant?

"...Therefore, to insinuate that the Thai police, or military, have super special powers, with or without Interpol, to capture anyone outside Thailand is misleading and false".

I know that and I did not insinuate that, what are you talking about?

• Haha 1

Great copy paste skills, I think we have already been through all this though, I meant to say why would they change their mind and issue a request for his arrest?

In your previous post you seemed to be referring to Interpol changing their mind and issuing a request for an arrest. Whom are you referring too here?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, SpokaneAl said:

In your previous post you seemed to be referring to Interpol changing their mind and issuing a request for an arrest. Whom are you referring too here?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Is this really difficult to understand?  They refused to issue a notice, they are unlikely to suddenly change their minds an issue one.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

On what grounds - lack of completion of information, not in required language or what?

The reason given back in 2001 was that the request did not meet their criteria, I expect it was due to being a politically motivated charge, but we will never know. 

The penny is just starting to drop?

And he is a General? :whistling: More laughs here than a cartload of monkeys.

With military leaders like this, best the country doesn't go to war. I can just imagine sending out their aircraft carrier then suddenly realising, we don't have any aircraft to fly off it!

I've got to stop watching cartoons. :cheesy: