Chinese Medicine Practitioners

stament

Chinese pharmacy at Warorot market. Dr Wong does consultations (to prescribe Chinese remedies) in the morning. He also does acupuncture, you would need to meet with him in the morning to arrange an appointment (usually for afternoons - as he does offsite out of town).

Streetview

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

A clinic is located in the old city across from the Lost Book Store

That would be the Mungkala Clinic. Personally I don't have much experience with them so couldn't give an opinion.

But Dr Wong (could be Wang but my friend who comes and sees him every year calls him Dr Wong), I would highly recommend. I can't remember if she gets the name right!

Another place I would highly recommend is the "Natural Medicine " Hospital down in Saraphi. Excellent massage, acupuncture and numerous other treatments. Again would highly recommend.

On 2/20/2018 at 3:31 PM, cmsally said:

That would be the Mungkala Clinic. Personally I don't have much experience with them so couldn't give an opinion.

But Dr Wong (could be Wang but my friend who comes and sees him every year calls him Dr Wong), I would highly recommend. I can't remember if she gets the name right!

Another place I would highly recommend is the "Natural Medicine " Hospital down in Saraphi. Excellent massage, acupuncture and numerous other treatments. Again would highly recommend.

Mungkala Clinic is good. Been there a couple times.

I had a great experience at Mungkala Clinic several years ago. I came to Chiang Mai and was having problems with my si joint due to many miles I had ridden on my bicycle. I made an appt to see the Dr there and met with a very nice middle-aged lady Dr. Her name escapes me. I told her about my problem and she smiled and said I didn't need acupuncture. She said to take advantage of being in Thailand and get some great therapeutic massages which would go a long way to resolving my si joint problem. With that she gave me back my money and over time my si joint problem was fixed. The Dr was great and I really respected her for being so honest and forthright with me.

I've been a patient at Mungkala Clinic many times over the past 15 years. Both doctors, husband and wife, are knowledgeable and highly skilled. But by far, the 'bedside manner' of the lady just can't be beat. So incredibly gentle and caring!  But most importantly, so effective. And as Watgate stated, when the problem is one that may not benefit from Chinese medicine, she is quick to say so.