PCD reports PM2.5 levels in Bangkok now in acceptable range

webfact

PCD reports PM2.5 levels now in acceptable range

BANGKOK, 20 February 2018 (NNT) – Thailand's Pollution Control Department (PCD) reports particulate matter 2.5 measurements (PM2.5) in Bangkok have returned to an acceptable range of between 23 and 32 micrograms per cubic meter. 

PCD Director-General, Suni Piyaphanpong, indicated latest readings on PM2.5 in Bangkok, taken by her office, have found particulate matter in the air to be in the range of 23 – 32 micrograms per cubic meter, below the 50 micrograms per cubic meter limit. 

The Meteorological Department has forecast the capital will be mostly cloudy during this period and may experience rain in 40 percent of its area.

The factors will help suppress PM2.5 levels but the PCD noted that lateral winds reported in many areas do not help to reduce particulate matter as vertically moving winds are required. The department has assured it will continue tracking the situation and issuing regular reports. 

Suni said at risk citizens, such as those with respiratory illnesses, heart or vascular conditions, should avoid strenuous outdoor activity at this time and that the general public should avoid outdoor activity in general. Those who must be outside should wear face masks. The public is also encouraged to avoid activities that will add particulate matter to the air such as open fires and the use of motor vehicles.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-20

31 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI)

Bangkok AQI: Bangkok Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI).
image.png.1c5713fbfbab7dc4553e26527c160adf.png image.png.f664503d82b225a00715609238da6f26.png
Moderate
Updated on Tuesday 14:00

Temp.: 32°C

You are so cruel to depict the worst value of the Bangkok stations :biggrin:

And indeed a slight majority of stations show "green" values now.

Edited by KhunBENQ

to any interested parties. I have been monitoring the air pollution in BKK using the open source data stations.

I am trying to get any one interested in AQI such as who to look at accuracy.  Many measure only pm10 and report everything as ok by AQI US system which is basically a lie, or at the least misleading.

I am sending emails to get those app people to check why Thai data sources switch off for long periods of time when air pollution 2.5 pm are high? why do some report good ( 0-50 )AQI when the station next to them is at 150?

This looks to me like the data is being manipulated.

anyone else found this?

any ideas of who to contact?