Bata’s new Thailand boss eyes dramatic expansion

webfact

Bata’s new Thailand boss eyes dramatic expansion

By The Nation

2cc12d45ee633032ad18a8654a7416b2.jpeg

International shoe manufacturer Bata has named Paolo Grassi as managing director for Thailand just as the company marks its 88th anniversary in the Kingdom.

Grassi has more than 22 years’ experience with Bata and spent the last 11 years as managing director in Singapore, Italy and Malaysia. He oversaw retail networks, franchising and wholesale and streamlined team structures and business processes.

“Thanks to my strong and experienced team, I am confident we will be able to achieve our goals and keep the brand at the top of customers’ minds,” said Grassi. 

At Bata Thailand, Grassi is working on making the company the leading international fashion retailer in Thailand by providing high-quality, stylish and comfortable shoes at affordable prices at the 251 Bata stores countrywide. 

With Thailand’s fashion-conscious consumer base and a flourishing tourism sector, he sees a lot of potential for growth and expansion. 

To gain the necessary exposure, Grassi will lead Bata in building partnerships with popular local retail destinations and establishing collaborations with respected personalities as brand ambassadors. Bata’s marketing team will continuously revise strategy to create a larger market share by launching new collections supported by strong marketing activities. 

“We are looking forward to working more closely with our local retail partners to better distribute our products in the Thai market. With Bata’s hip style, frequently released new collections and focus on high-quality products, I am sure we can become the country’s top international footwear retailer,” said Grassi.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339297

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-20

"We are granting you the profit share not because we feel a need to give money to the people just out of the goodness of the heart. No, we are aiming at other goals by this step. By this measure we want to reach a further decrease of production costs. We want to reach the situation that the shoes are cheaper and workers earn even more."

Tomas Bata 1876-1932

Bata shoe factory (East Tilbury) - Wikipedia

The town that Bata built: a modernist marvel on the marshes of Essex ...

Hmm, good news, Bata's going to be busy with affordable, fashionable, QUALITY shoes, again, is it? That would be something! May I doubt it will happen? To me, they're far too deep into selling trash for much to high prices, how could that be reversed in a 180° total U-turn? Explain it to the average blood sucking shareholder...