What's the name of that movie?

thaibeachlovers

Trying to name a European movie I saw in the 60s, 70s or 80s that at one part involved the hero saying goodbye to his lady friend on a train ( think it was Paris ), then driving through the night to meet her when she arrived at her destination. I think it had a well known song to go with it.

Really bugging me, and checked the obvious Euro actors without success.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

THANK YOU :clap2:

I was able to remember the theme music and it's been in my head since last night. I was trying to track the movie down by checking soundtrack music, but no luck, which is not surprising as not by a well known orchestra.

Wikipedia tells us it was hugely popular ( 6th most popular in France for 1966 ) and both the movie and the soundtrack won a huge number of awards.

BTW, this result is why TVF is actually a great resource.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Wow, that was fast. I have two more movies I remember but I would like to know the title. Both came out before 1990.

1. A story about a guy who I think is retiring (or was it his birthday?). He travels with a train to his holiday location. On that train he meets a beautiful women and at the end he ends with that women in a hotel in Venice. She is a prostitute paid for by his co-workers but he has no idea about this. He just enjoys the time with the women.

2. A man and a woman meet and like each other. One of them (I think it's the woman) is supposed to marry in a few days. But she thinks about him. An important role in that movie plays a visit to the zoo where he explains to her that bears are monogamous. At the end she runs away form her wedding and tries to find the guy in the zoo at the bear enclosure. I think the movie plays in the USA, but not sure.

Any ideas? Thanks

That move had a really great soundtrack. Still got the LP saved back in the UK.

Another similar film with a good soundtrack was ' vivre pour vivre ' or something like that. 

Both soundtracks really take me back.

Edited by Denim