Woman robbed, injured by Bangkok taxi driver

webfact

Woman robbed, injured by Bangkok taxi driver

By The Nation

bc6ed7fd587f25bae25858a1bf7aac35-sld.jpe

Police are hunting for a taxi driver who injured and robbed a female passenger of Bt14,000 in cash early on Wednesday. The victim, Thongprakai Suksrirat, told police at the Lat Phrao police station that she was robbed after she asked the taxi driver to pause for her to use an ATM before continuing the trip.

Thongprakai filed the complaint at the police station at 3.45am. She told police that she called the taxi at 2am from an entertainment venue on Soi Ratchadapisek 18 to return to her condominium in the Seri Thai area.

When the taxi reached the Nida intersection, she asked the driver to pause to use a cash machine.

After she returned to her seat, the driver continued the drive for a while. Then he stopped, saying he wanted to urinate. But the driver walked to the back door, opened it and tried to grab her handbag.

Thongprakrai said the driver cut her left arm with a knife during the fight, so she had to let go of the bag. She said she kicked the driver and then ran for her life.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339366

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-21

Multiple injuries on left arm (dried blood).

Much fewer on right arm (fresh blood).
Detective Enoon, you have found the smoking gun...
Unless only one arm was cut and continued to bleed onto the other where the blood dried. I know I like to sit face on to the doors in a taxi with both arms equidistant to potential assailants.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Manbing said:
1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Detective Enoon, you have found the smoking gun...
Unless only one arm was cut and continued to bleed onto the other where the blood dried. I know I like to sit face on to the doors in a taxi with both arms equidistant to potential assailants.

Of course, since the seats in the pictures are different, it could just be that the fresh blood one was taken in the police station and the dried blood ones in the hospital later. The third picture is also reversed as can be seen by the angle of the coat/blanket covering the chair, so not two arms.

Edited by RichardColeman

It really looks like self injuries. Only one arm and if the driver had a knife then the wounds would have been much deeper, all of them seems superficial like the driver took time to do it slowly without really arming the girl.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

And why is she wearing a red skirt in one photo and what appears to be grey shorts in another. The dried blood is presumably in a later photo. But where did the shorts come from, Watson! Questions must be asked.

2 minutes ago, anthobkk said:

Maybe she had been there, she took a taxi, was too drunk, withdraw money and forgot her bag in the taxi, then self harmed herself and went to police. On her facebook page there are many picture that shows that there're no deep cuts at all also she has "blood" on her face but no injuries at all, just like she put blood on her face to make it more real.

That sound a lot nearer to the real story.

Why would the taxi be so stupid as he could be easily be traced with his car ?

Obviously, the victim did note down his car plate number ?

On the other hand, what's the point if the victim allegedly made it all up ? What was she trying to hide and from who ?

I'm calling B.S. on this story! Those scratches are not consistent with knife wounds, all going in different directions and none of them actually breaking the skin significantly. More consistent with walking home drunk and falling into a hedge. I should know I've done it plenty of times :laugh: 

• Like 1

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

19 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Christ Burn her as a witch! What a bunch of self proclaimed Judge, Jury and Executioners?

She's already been on television this morning admitting she made the whole thing up.

3 hours ago, nahkit said:

She's already been on television this morning admitting she made the whole thing up.

3 hours ago, nahkit said:

Gee wiz Sorry my time here is 3 hrs ahead and I do not set my alarm clock to read Thai news. BUT my comment still stays!