Holiday Visa to allow my wife to enter UK

I recognise that my Q is outside the scope of this forum -however.

Can a successful visa application be post dated

So lets say the application is successful and granted in March

Can it actually be post dated such that it commences in May

20 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No.

Last visa for UK my wife got she submitted quite a bit before the actual holiday. We supplied flight details/dates and booked confirmation of whre we were staying.

When she got her passport back the visa was valid starting one month before the intended holiday. 

About two years ago. 

The world has moved on, though I’m pretty sure they’ve always post dated visas if you specifically ask.

Now when you apply for a Standard Visit Visa for the UK the applicant is asked to supply an intended date of travel, visas now seem to be dated from that date, even if you don’t specifically ask. The danger is that if your plans change you cannot travel earlier.

Certainly when my wife applied for a Standard Visit Visa in October last year, she advised that we were traveling to London on 11 December and the visa validity was from that date, the application was processed on 2 October.

She applied early as she needed a new Schengen Visa and they specify that if you're traveling to a third country afterwards you must get that visa first.

You cannot apply earlier than three months before your proposed date of travel.

• Like 2