Anti fungal treatment for yeast infection

yzak

I've been able to find canesten cream for yeast infections, but I was not able to find an anti fungal pill or pessary. May I ask what it is called in thai? Every pharmacy said they did not have a pill, only creams. I think I might be having communication problems. Thank you for the help! 

Lastly, I want to ask how long it is okay for me to use an anti fungal cream or pill. I know fungal issues can become resistant, and so I want to make sure I take the proper steps to keep it away after the round of prescriptions. 

Hey Sheryl I found this informative post by you from 2008:

It was very helpful. I believe it is the same issue with my gal. You wrote that a cream alone is not enough, so I'm trying to locate the pills but having trouble.

T

What you want is not pills but rather vaginal suppositories or cream with an applicator for vaginal use.

ALL pharmacies have this, it is a very common medication, but they will likely not think this is what you are after since you are male.

Ask specifically for:

Canazol vaginal tablets

Candid V-3

Candinox Vaginal tablet

or any other brand of clotrimazole for vaginal use, make sure it says vaginal on it

Note this will only help if what she has is a yeast infection. There are several other common types of vaginitis, including trichimonas and bacterial vaginaitis. These will nto respond to clotrimazole. If there is any doubt better she see a gyn.

Or, there are some vaginal prepartions on the market that contain drug combinations that  treat several types of vaginitis.  Gynecon is the most common brand but there are others that are effectively the same thing. These too are vaginal suppositiories.

Thank you so much. We got a canesten cream and an anti fungal funcozole pill that is taken once weekly. I should have read your message before going to the pharmacy. I'll go back again today! Thank you! 

Sheryl, I have a question. I was able to get 6 tablets of Candinox vaginal tablets by CBLAB. The directions are in thai and the pharamacist couldn't explain how to use, can you clarify how it should be used? Not sure how it is taken.

Also, it says 1-2 tablets daily, at bed time. So just one per day and over 6 days? Do I continue buying it if it does not work?

Edited by yzak