Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Post # 1276 

They are currently being transffered to a women's facility in Chaing Mai Thailand. Their Court date is Set for Monday, Febuary 26th , which is Sunday afternoon our time.>

This is from the GFM page, but it disappeared. Makara, what was the outcome?

Or do you prefer to start some new stories where the fake money could have been from?

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

It's still up on the GFM page. Right in the main statement.

20 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Sorry, but it's irrelevant. 

No. It doesn't work like that.

You and several others are holding Makara to a very high standard re: accurate statements.

Everything she writes has been subject to a highly dissected autopsy.

You used your statement to accuse someone of lying.

If you are going to use made up facts to accuse someone of lying what does that make you?

7 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

No. It doesn't work like that.

You and several others are holding Makara to a very high standard re: accurate statements.

You used your statement to accuse someone of lying.

If you are going to use made up facts to accuse someone of lying what does that make you?

Before you're trying to call me a liar, please try to find the message that disappeared. Here's the link: 

https://www.gofundme.com/release-misty-and-dannielle-fund

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

So you had fake notes too. No wonder you are defending them

You've never received, unknowingly, a counterfeit note?

Never. Not once?

I would argue that is not the case, such is the very nature of counterfeit bills.

7 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Before you're trying to call me a liar, please try to find the message that disappeared. Here's the link: 

https://www.gofundme.com/release-misty-and-dannielle-fund

"MISTY AND DANNIELLE NEED A LAWER They are currently being transffered to a women's facility in Chaing Mai Thailand. Their Court date is Set for Monday, Febuary 26th , which is Sunday afternoon our time.  WE NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE"

Edited by smx1313
To highlight quote
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

"MISTY AND DANNIELLE NEED A LAWER They are currently being transffered to a women's facility in Chaing Mai Thailand. Their Court date is Set for Monday, Febuary 26th , which is Sunday afternoon our time.  WE NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE"

This part was gone when I posted of the disappearance. Does that make me guilty, or to a liar? 

17 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

Now come on, all we've every asked is for to post some evidence, anything will do , evidence that it actually happened, once its been established that it did actually happen, then, we can move on 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Now come on, all we've every asked is for to post some evidence, anything will do , evidence that it actually happened, once its been established that it did actually happen, then, we can move on 

A photo of their court date, a photo of them being in a Thai prison, but not sentences like this one from GFM:

"Over there counterfiet currency is severe criminal offense even though it was only play money it looked real enough for police to be called." ( From GFM, 27.3.)

Instead of posting facts that potential donators believe the story as true, the only information comes from one woman's bf who's in CA.

Now they change the story that they "only had some Monopoly money", or what else does "play money" mean? 

Edited by jenny2017

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

This part was gone when I posted of the disappearance. Does that make me guilty, or to a liar? 

No, it wasn't gone. It's been there the whole time.

Perhaps you made a statement that wasn't 100% accurate due to confusion.

I suggest that everybody here, including Makara has done that at some point in this saga.

However you wrote "Makara is a troll and only trying to keep the story alive, with always changing facts, but never something about the two women. It seems that Makara is only posting to keep the GFM page of a conman alive."

You make a very specific accusation of committing a crime.

In Thailand using a false statement to defame and accuse someone of a crime on the internet, ironically, is A ACTUAL CRIME.

Makara, who is in Thailand, could literally take legal action and bring this to a Thai court.

There have been some big stories about westerners being sued by westerners, arrested and sent to Thai prison for such crimes.

(If you are not a "western" I apologize for the assumption)

Others can decide if you are guilty of being a liar. Just as they have done to Makara.

I'm not a judge.

But maybe someone should grab a screenshot in case at some point a judge is needed?

• Like 1

Makara, who is in Thailand, could literally take legal action and bring this to a Thai court.

Ha-ha, knew it .

Even though She clammed to be in the USA, the timings of her post indicated that she was in Thailand .

Is Makara one of the girls involved ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Actually, I think if Makara could somehow contact the principals and get such info and post it here it would be the water need to put out this fire.

However, she nor the women are under any obligation to due so.

I also get the feeling that at this point, it would be like Prez Obama releasing his birth certificate and people would dismiss it as fake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Ha-ha, knew it .

Even though She clammed to be in the USA, the timings of her post indicated that she was in Thailand .

Is Makara one of the girls involved ?

Ah, perhaps I am mistaken.

Maybe she is in the states.

See? Like I said, after nearly 100 pages there is a lot of confusion.

This whole time, for some reason, I thought she was in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

Did you also assume that Makara was one of the girls ?

I did think that the girls in the OP were Amycat and Makara .

I am still trying to work out who you are, as all your posts in TV have come in this thread , just like Makara

2 hours ago, smx1313 said:

I live in the States in Oregon to clarify. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Did you also assume that Makara was one of the girls ?

I did think that the girls in the OP were Amycat and Makara .

I am still trying to work out who you are, as all your posts in TV have come in this thread , just like Makara

It did briefly occur to me that Makara could be one of the women but I honestly don't think they are.

Didn't Amycat have a long history on this board?

I myself lived in Bangkok, well, commuted from NYC to BKK routinely, spending months in BKK sourcing for my store in Brooklyn NY, USA. This was primarily from 2005-2012, with a handful of quick trips up until 2017.

I imagine I'll be back soon but not sure when.

My posts on TV from the past seemed to have been deleted.

But back then they where "are there adult volleyball leagues in BKK?" "Where can I buy a good cigar?" I would talk to farang and Thai's about the in and outs of sourcing for my store. Sometimes even bringing merch from NYC to BKK for Thais for their local biz.

This was a couple of coup's ago. Things were much looser, Thaksin Shinawatra was in charge.

I've been lurking on TV for years. 

I'm actually puzzled as to why I've become so interested in this story.

Maybe because in 2005 western hustlers in BKK was more of a thing. Whole stores in Pratunam selling counterfeit gear. It seemed everyone was running a petty scam, even if it was just visa runs. The hustler vibe reminded me of NYC in the 1980s.

Much tighter there today and the western scammers are more sophisticated.

So there you go. My CV.

3 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

Things were much looser, Thaksin Shinawatra was in charge.

Oh, I was living near BTS Phaya Thai when the Red Shirts rolled in. Foggy memories, but I think there were clashes around MBK and Pratunam where people where killed. Central World...burned? I packed up and headed back to NYC. I didn't want to be stuck in the middle of hell.

Oddly, there was a movie with Owen Wilson (No Escape) that illustrated what I thought could be very possible. 

It did briefly occur to me that Makara could be one of the women but I honestly don't think they are.

Didn't Amycat have a long history on this board?

I myself lived in Bangkok, well, commuted from NYC to BKK routinely, spending months in BKK sourcing for my store in Brooklyn NY, USA. This was primarily from 2005-2012, with a handful of quick trips up until 2017.

I imagine I'll be back soon but not sure when.

My posts on TV from the past seemed to have been deleted.

But back then they where "are there adult volleyball leagues in BKK?" "Where can I buy a good cigar?" I would talk to farang and Thai's about the in and outs of sourcing for my store. Sometimes even bringing merch from NYC to BKK for Thais for their local biz.

This was a couple of coup's ago. Things were much looser, Thaksin Shinawatra was in charge.

I've been lurking on TV for years. 

I'm actually puzzled as to why I've become so interested in this story.

Maybe because in 2005 western hustlers in BKK was more of a thing. Whole stores in Pratunam selling counterfeit gear. It seemed everyone was running a petty scam, even if it was just visa runs. The hustler vibe reminded me of NYC in the 1980s.

Much tighter there today and the western scammers are more sophisticated.

So there you go. My CV.

AmyKat is a well known TV poster who put up very good arguments and everyone attacked her as they did me. She is from CA but has lived in Thailand over 10 years I believe. She brought very solid statements to the forum and was very level-headed about some of the outstanding made up assumptions. 

What I find funny is people who think this is some big scam, which would mean 4 people would be involved to split 10,000 dollars. And that most of the donations came from people who know the girls, family, or aquintances. Very few where strangers. 

People with extra money belong to the gofundme group and donate regularly from what I understand, but in this case it was mostly people with ties to the women that came in to help. 

My initial reason for posting after finding this forum on line on my own account was to bring light that the gofundme was not a scam, because I know quite a few of the people who donated. Since then I have learned a lot about the "land of scams" and feel sad for the awareness. 

As far as the people on here stating I am on of the girls or part of the scam I also have empathy for them and have never expressed any hatred back. That would just defeat who I am as a person. They can believe what ever they will. Some people on line won't do a thing to disredit my whole purpose. I digress. 

• Like 1

this don't make sense:  GFM update #13

" INFORMATION: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/09/world/asia/cambodia-qingming-festival-ghosts-prefer-dollars.html

09CAMBDODIA-web2-master675.jpg

This is the money that they found. Spirit money. They are realistic copies of new $100 USD bills. They bills they had all had "copy" written on them but after finding them in a puddle and them being covered in mud the "copy" was covered. They are facing possible jail time for a complete misunderstanding."

1.  spirit money is printed on rough, poor-quality recycled paper.

2.  they do not all have "copy" printed on them. some are simply photocopies.

3.  they are in no way "realistic"...........UNLESS your only knowledge of

them is from the intertubes.  (photo above from the GFM linked article),

4.  cheap paper can not be washed, mud will stain permanently.

5.  no bank, no exchange booth will accept soiled bills.    ink marks,

slight tears, too many creases....all reasons to decline.

6.  no bank or exchange will test bills that won't be accepted. they would

merely tell you to take to another bank or to main office.

it's a great story for gullible donors, but only if they have never traveled

outside the usa and have never exchanged currency in a foreign land.

6 hours ago, Makara said:

AmyKat is a well known TV poster who put up very good arguments and everyone attacked her as they did me.

Stop all this , no one has attacked either of you , people just disagree with you .

I believe Amycat may have been banned for the abuse she gave to other posters.

She was very abusive to people on the 17 th , her abusive posts were removed and she hasnt been here since , she (probably) has been banned for her abuse , stop all this nonsense about everyone attacking her , when she was the abusive one attacking other posters

4 hours ago, smx1313 said:

When I say that in 2005 everybody had a hustle, a scam, it was stuff like this.

Why do developed people from developed countries come to undeveloped countries and do these sordid things? The most confusing part is, when they are caught, how the developed people rally around their offending colleagues and condemn the undeveloped country people.

Strange development...

• Like 2

What I find funny is people who think this is some big scam, which would mean 4 people would be involved to split 10,000 dollars

Who is the fourth person that you are referring too ?

So fat, it has beenn suggested that the two girls and the boyfriend who started the GFM page are involved who is this fourth person that yo speak of ?

The original target was US$150 000 , thats 50 K  each split three ways

As far as the people on here stating I am on of the girls or part of the scam I also have empathy for them and have never expressed any hatred back. That would just defeat who I am as a person. They can believe what ever they will. Some people on line won't do a thing to disredit my whole purpose. I digress

Stop playing the victim Makara , people suggesting that you may be one of the girls in the O.P. is NOT showing any hatred , its a opinion based of what they read .

Stop playing the "poor lil me , everyone hates me" card

9 hours ago, Makara said:

What I find funny is people who think this is some big scam, which would mean 4 people would be involved to split 10,000 dollars. And that most of the donations came from people who know the girls, family, or aquintances. Very few where strangers. 

I can't say all 4 working together but I really think......

Yes mostly only friends and family donating money meaby because people know this is a fake story 

Just one thing why family need donate money in GFM that will be easier just send money to them and I not hear one time family or bf flying to Thailand for be with them as in another case where a young man lose his leg family come quickly and support him 

Where are bf mom dad friends??? 

1 minute ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Where are bf mom dad friends??? 

Still waiting for more funds from their GFM page , so that they can fly to Thailand for a holida................I mean to give "emotional support" and to give them a fan on Ko , I mean, warm blankets in jail

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

There’s a lot more out there than a chewing tobacco scam. Look at the boiler rooms that have operated here for years earning many millions (in USD) and somehow they avoid jail. Though they tend to attack each other sometimes. 

Then there are numerous real estate scams. Dodgy developers and so-called real estate investment companies. Some are still operating openly today. 

These guys milk foreigners for huge sums of money. Makes a tuk tuk scam seem like child’s play by comparison. 

Con men like these guys operate rather freely here. The police often times won’t get involved in a criminal case as it seen as a business disagreement or poor investment. 

Then you get opportunists like that old couple who were caught trying to get insurance money. And we may have another case here, though personally I think evidence leans towards the scam being just trying to use fake bills rather than trying to get funds. 

Absolutely agree with you. Earlier addressing this I said the foreign scams have become very sophisticated. Scary stuff.