Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

4 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

Because people from this forum were attacking the woman friends and family on GFM and Facebook. Harsh ugly stuff thrown at people who where confused and in pain.

Please reply to those people on the GFM page and FB then

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

She has been repeatedly called names, accused of crimes and endured oddly personal attacks.100 pages of it.

But yet, she persisted.

She hasn't put herself on a cross.

She's merely voiced her frustration, her exasperation, with becoming the focus of torch welding villagers who want to burn the witch. And that other witch, the one that turned into a cat and split.

Please stop playing the victim for her .

This is getting ridiculous and tedious .

And stop exaggerating , just provide some evidence that this actually happened , as you and her have been asked numerous times and over one month later , there has been no evidence produced to prove that this happened .

She has persisted with avoiding the issue , playing the victim of being abused and accused .

Just provide some evidence 

56 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thailand is no longer the free for all, do whatever you want .

Laws and regulations have been tightened up in all departments .

You seem to saying that the difference between a developed country and an undeveloped Country is whether they allow you to commit crime or not .

This guys prosecution was rather harsh , but he did break the law

Agree.

The free for all is over.

If that guy was busted in NYC today for the same crime he'd be in deep shit.

From the 1960's to the 1990's? Not so much.

I'm not say that developed/undeveloped is different.

I'm just saying, for a while Thailand had a different way of handling stuff like that. It wasn't looked upon so harshly, wasn't really all that concerned with such infractions. Pay for the visa stamp and it's live and let live. The Thai powers that be were more focused on other issues.

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Felangs being walking ATM's/Water buffalo is not a scam , they do it from their own free will 

Agree.

Like in Vegas, the attitude is it's ok to fleece the tourists but it's not ok to hurt them. That will scare them away.

So tourists go in. Knowing they're being fleeced, but getting something they want in return without being blooded.

In Vegas and in Thailand the walking ATMS are comfortable with the rules as they are laid out.

4 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

Agree.

Like in Vegas, the attitude is it's ok to fleece the tourists but it's not ok to hurt them. That will scare them away.

So tourists go in. Knowing they're being fleeced, but getting something they want in return without being blooded.

In Vegas and in Thailand the walking ATMS are comfortable with the rules as they are laid out.

Gamblers in Vegas gamble , some win , some lose .

They are not being "fleeced" , they are spending their money as they want to 

Its the same as "walking ATM's" in Thailand , they spend their money how they want .

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

And stop exaggerating , just provide some evidence that this actually happened , as you and her have been asked numerous times and over one month later , there has been no evidence produced to prove that this happened .

I haven't been asked to provide evidence.

I can't. I have the same info you have, just a different conclusion.

We both think they are guilty. 

We just don't agree on what they are guilty of.

Because I choose not to shame or attack them doesn't mean I condone trying to rip off a cashier a exchange booth.

The matter is to be settled entirely out of my control or concern.

I'm here because I like the exchange of ideas. You have yours, I have mine.

I think I've been pretty respectful to all parties. 

18 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

.. trying to rip off a cashier a exchange booth...

this is where the author of the tale failed.

no clerk will touch a soiled bill to inspect it.

especially not mud-covered bills so dirty that

the printed "copy" warnings are obscured.

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

That's not how it happened. Not that it matters much what I say, cause even if I told every single last detail of what I know it.literally.would.not.matter. Literally. 

7 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

Yeah that’s a major hole in their story. 

But I’m sure their lawyer has been saying that the story must be they they didn’t know so they’re sticking with it. Because if they did know the bills were counterfeit then the punishment would be much more severe. 

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

That's not how it happened. Not that it matters much what I say, cause even if I told every single last detail of what I know it.literally.would.not.matter. Literally. 

That’s info from the Gofundme website. If you have other info then it means you either know more than the boyfriend or know something but can’t say as it will cause problems for the two girls. 

4 minutes ago, Makara said:

GFM update #13:

"They bills they had all had "copy" written on them but after finding them in a puddle and them being covered in mud the "copy" was covered."

that's the story from the boyfriend who got it

directly from the ladies full of light.  the bills

all had "copy" written on them, all obscured

due to mud.  three possibilities:

either they cleaned the bills (destroying the

paper) and saw the word "copy,"

or they tried to exchange muddy bills which

would have been laughed at and sent away,

or........it never happened, and it's a scam originally

intended to net $150K, reduced to $15K after

they learned how social media works.

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

Of course not, they only words, duh..but evidence will matter....duh

5 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

why don't you give it a try

No, you see, I already have given some of the things I do know to be true, and it only fell on some ears. Some, who actually did the due diligence to investigate further and found out what I said to be true. But still, many have thrown stones and accused me of things that I played no part in, so my patience and trust in the continued conversation is starting to become a dried up well.

9 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

That’s info from the Gofundme website. If you have other info then it means you either know more than the boyfriend or know something but can’t say as it will cause problems for the two girls. 

I am referring to what you said about bringing mud covered bills into the exhcanger. 

*This was meant for ChouDouFu

17 minutes ago, Makara said:

It. would. matter .

Just . tell. us . everything. that .you. know.

(Dont even try the old *Ive told you already*, because you havent)

I realize I have said this before, but I am departing from this conversation now. Assume and debate away.

And as I leave this convo may I add why in the heck would any person come on here and stand their ground, defend, and try to bring light to this situation for as long as I have, if it was all just a scam and soooooo very unture? Why would I waste my time? 

Just for once is it so hard to believe that this one case in paticular is not a scam? Wait nevermind don't answer that. ?

Thread has gone well beyond its "use by date" in Thailand News and should be parked in the "Farang Pub" forum as entertainment value as it was never journalistic "news" but regurgitated rumour and speculation now commonly known catchphrased as being "fake news".

I do not believe Amykat through lack of participation was banned/suspended (perhaps a moderator can provide clarification), She advised imminent departure from Chiang Mai and headed back to US of A with adopted child.

Makara has always maintained being Stateside.

I find sanemax has been almost spot on in his analysis (albeit at times a little pedantic, which might question use of sane to his user name) to date refuting an alleged scenario besmirching Thailand.

13 minutes ago, Makara said:

No, you see, I already have given some of the things I do know to be true, and it only fell on some ears. Some, who actually did the due diligence to investigate further and found out what I said to be true. 

You stated that the girls paid for their bail from their own money.

The girls stated that they paid for their bail money from the GFM money .

Which is it ?

12 minutes ago, Makara said:

I am referring to what you said about bringing mud covered bills into the exhcanger. 

*This was meant for ChouDouFu

yes, see post 1404 (edited)

boyfriend on GFM said ALL the bills had "copy" on them,

but "copy" covered in mud.

would love to know how they cleaned red cambodian clay

out of paper towel material.

30 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

or........it never happened, and it's a scam originally

intended to net $150K, reduced to $15K after

they learned how social media works.

that is my choice

sad because it distracts from those who are in real need of charity

21 minutes ago, Makara said:

You inferred many posts back that nobody would be stupid enough to try to exchange dirty bills and that they would attempt to clean them prior to going to the money exchange, which, if that was the case does imply that the girls knew full well that the money was fake, by the fact that they were handling and examining the money during the cleaning process.

14 minutes ago, Makara said:

And as I leave this convo may I add why in the heck would any person come on here and stand their ground, defend, and try to bring light to this situation for as long as I have, if it was all just a scam and soooooo very unture? Why would I waste my time? 

There is every chance that you do truly believe that the girls quite innocently tried to change the money without knowing that it was fake.

25 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Thread has gone well beyond its "use by date" in Thailand News and should be parked in the "Farang Pub" forum as entertainment value as it was never journalistic "news" but regurgitated rumour and speculation now commonly known catchphrased as being "fake news".

I do not believe Amykat through lack of participation was banned/suspended (perhaps a moderator can provide clarification), She advised imminent departure from Chiang Mai and headed back to US of A with adopted child.

Makara has always maintained being Stateside.

I find sanemax has been almost spot on in his analysis (albeit at times a little pedantic, which might question use of sane to his user name) to date refuting an alleged scenario besmirching Thailand.

I do believe that they also have the internet stateside .

I did ask the girls to provide their charge sheet and I volunteered to go and view it personally  , and AK reported me for asking for personal information (from her!!!!!!)and I served my sentence , as its against forum rules to ask for other TV posters personal information .

AK then became abusive , I saw her posts and thought to myself *thats a banable offence* , her posts were removed and she hasnt posted since .

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that they also have the internet stateside .

I did ask the girls to provide their charge sheet and I volunteered to go and view it personally  , and AK reported me for asking for personal information (from her!!!!!!)and I served my sentence , as its against forum rules to ask for other TV posters personal information .

AK then became abusive , I saw her posts and thought to myself *thats a banable offence* , her posts were removed and she hasnt posted since .

Max, either sane or not, (and not being your first choice of user names) you have provided an excellent balance of reporting throughout this dubious posting under "Thailand News".

Should these two perpetrators of a crime through naivety be factual, I am able, and many other could provide support on the ground.

I do not hide behind anonymity, warts and all.

Thread is flogging a dead horse.

Respect to you Sir.

Regards

Paul

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

or they tried to exchange muddy bills which

would have been laughed at and sent away,

I'm asking this because I'm curious, not to give you a hard time.

Perhaps there is there another possibility that would account for an arrest?

They handed over dirty/stained bills (or bill...did Makara state that one woman tried to exchange one note?), the clerk realized they were trying to get over and contacted the police.

They get arrested and the rest of the story falls in place.

To me that sounds more likely than the whole "pretend to get arrested" scam.

I wonder how Thai authorities would react to 2 farang very publicly running such a scam from a hotel in Chang Mai?

Using the Thai currency and legal system as a foundation for a international scam? 

Not to well is my hunch, but I'm not sure. Is it possible they wouldn't care? Just ignore it?

But lets just go with "not to well". Wouldn't there be news stories about the BiB arresting such scammers? They love to parade that kind of stuff.

22 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

I wonder how Thai authorities would react to 2 farang very publicly running such a scam from a hotel in Chang Mai?

Using the Thai currency and legal system as a foundation for a international scam? 

Not to well is my hunch, but I'm not sure. Is it possible they wouldn't care? Just ignore it?.

As theres no evidence to confirm that the Thai authorities took any action against the girls trying to exchange U.S.$ , its highly unlikely that they will take any action against a fake GFM campaign , considering that it wouldnt be be illegal to lie on a GFM page (in Thailand)

Archived