Arsenal

MiG16

Just had a long drive from Riyadh to Dhahran and been listening to TalkSport all the way. The Tablets, Apps and portable internet are great. I reckon they're the future laugh.png

Anyway, on TalkSport it was an hot topic and the Arsenal supporters were mixed in their feelings about this happening (whether or not there is any substance in it). What do you guys think? It seems to me something that you've been craving for, for a long time. You won't be a selling club any more and will have the buying power to buy the best. No brainer to me but.....

As of next year, we have all the financial muscle we need (an extra 100 million or so a year from Premiership TV money, Adidas and Emirates).

Which is why this number does not add up.

Why would you spend all that money on a club and cut prices/revenue?

No serious investor would even consider it.

Just give me someone who is in it for the love of football, who does not interfere but who knows enough and is independently well advised enough about the success or not of his mangement team. Of course that is an impossible dream whistling.gif , so failing that give us someone who wants to create another top football global brand.

The last thing we need is another of these bleeding financial engineers, mostly Americans, who are in it for a short/medium term sell-on. Ive never bought the crap that says Kroenke is in it to bleed the club dry of money. I always thought he wanted to build value so he could get out with a big pay-back before he's too old to enjoy watching his family using his wealth*. That's why I reckon he will be a willing seller at the right price; there is real prospect that if the club continues to go tits up he won't get out sitting quite as pretty as his family trusts thought he would. His financial advisers must be making him pretty nervous with their worst-case scenarios of medium term on-field failure. Branding deals are all well and good but long term sustainability is all about on-field success, trophies, Champions League and TV rights.

But hey what the hell do I know, other than jaundiced observations and a bit of knowledge of private equity/wealth management. I could be proved wrong and find that Kroenke is still committed to making the long term mega-brand vision work.

* All the rich want capital profits not income - it's much easier to reduce the tax impact on capital profits.

Edited by SantiSuk

Just give me someone who is in it for the love of football, who does not interfere but who knows enough and is independently well advised enough about the success or not of his mangement team. Of course that is an impossible dream whistling.gif , so failing that give us someone who wants to create another top football global brand.

The last thing we need is another of these bleeding financial engineers, mostly Americans, who are in it for a short/medium term sell-on. Ive never bought the crap that says Kroenke is in it to bleed the club dry of money. I always thought he wanted to build value so he could get out with a big pay-back before he's too old to enjoy watching his family using his wealth*. That's why I reckon he will be a willing seller at the right price; there is real prospect that if the club continues to go tits up he won't get out sitting quite as pretty as his family trusts thought he would. His financial advisers must be making him pretty nervous with their worst-case scenarios of medium term on-field failure. Branding deals are all well and good but long term sustainability is all about on-field success, trophies, Champions League and TV rights.

But hey what the hell do I know, other than jaundiced observations and a bit of knowledge of private equity/wealth management. I could be proved wrong and find that Kroenke is still committed to making the long term mega-brand vision work.

* All the rich want capital profits not income - it's much easier to reduce the tax impact on capital profits.

Kroenke does not need "family trusts". That's his missus.

He's worth $4Bn in his own right from his property development and sports interests. The wife's got another $6Bn in her piggy bank from dad. Criticise him if you will, but neither he nor any board member has ever taken a dividend out of the club.

Edited by Chicog

No Diaby, so Ramsey in.

Arsenal

Szczesny; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal; Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey; Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

Substitutes: Koscielny, Rosicky, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Mannone, Gervinho

But hey what the hell do I know, other than jaundiced observations and a bit of knowledge of private equity/wealth management.

You'll be right more often than wrong. Jaundiced observations and private equity/wealth management are two sides of the same coin.coffee1.gif

Now, back to football.

2-0 to Spurs hahahaha

I'm so happy i could break wind but I've just had the weirdest feeling of Deja Vu

With a monica like that I'm sure you don't need an excuserolleyes.gif

Screwed by mickey mouse defending, again!

You won - so fair does for that. Apart from the stupid second goal give away I thought we played very well. I doubt we'll catch you guys now, so here's hoping Chelsea trip up and we keep playing with the shaprpness and commitment we showed tonight.

You won - so fair does for that. Apart from the stupid second goal give away I thought we played very well. I doubt we'll catch you guys now, so here's hoping Chelsea trip up and we keep playing with the shaprpness and commitment we showed tonight.

You don't think the first goal was stupid then?

wink.png

Well bearing in mind I thought we'd get a right trousering that didn't go too badly if you look at the form guides and with Bale being the bestest best boy in the world.

I actually thought he had a quiet night and Vertongen was the difference between the two sides.

There was a note of confidence about Arsenal (apart from Giroud) which would be nice to see kept to the end of the season.

Why does Arsene take off a fast, pacy right back and put a slow midfielder on a yellow card who hasn't delivered a decent cross all night there?

I thought the game was very close with Arsenal playing the better stuff but being caught out with two very close calls for the goals.

Not much between the two sides at all.

I thought the game was very close with Arsenal playing the better stuff but being caught out with two very close calls for the goals.

Not much between the two sides at all.

biggrin.png See you're talking a right load of b*llocks this morning Ed.whistling.gif

Well i thought your two goals were against the run of play and Arsenal controlled the midfield skirmishes in the first half indeed they should of been ahead but for there lack of a killer final ball.

Agreed 2unique - daft, but Wenger has always had a soft spot for 'Mr Sideways' Ramsey. I thought the midfield played as well as I've seen them do all season. Fast and crisp accurate short passing; good desire to win the ball back.

I thought Bale's run was unstoppable Chicog, whereas Lennon's was so bloody obviously going to happen and Monreal just stopped running with him; pathetic illustration of the follies of zonal defense. Keown and Adams must be turning in their graves (ooops - they haven't died).

Maybe its quiet on here cos we are just waking up Smokie?

It just wasn't Giroud's day, (again)

Edited by SantiSuk

Agreed 2unique - daft, but Wenger has always had a soft spot for 'Mr Sideways' Ramsey. I thought the midfield played as well as I've seen them do all season. Fast and crisp accurate short passing; good desire to win the ball back.

I thought Bale's run was unstoppable Chicog, whereas Lennon's was so bloody obviously going to happen and Monreal just stopped running with him; pathetic illustration of the follies of zonal defense. Keown and Adams must be turning in their graves (ooops - they haven't died).

Maybe its quiet on here cos we are just waking up Smokie?

It just wasn't Giroud's day, (again)

Your not keeping up are ya SS, we've had this with mjj, a zonal defence only operates at set pieces not in open play, i won't charge you this time but from now on i will be charging for any football lessons i give to ya 4.gif

• Like 1