Arsenal

MiG16

Latest 16 year old into the academy. Donyell Malen from Ajax. Looks an exciting prospect - big quick striker but technical with it. But lets wait to see how he responds to tighter more physical marking in more senior games.

From the clips it looks like Ajax have quite a few remaining promising talents.

https://youtu.be/8mG57_bLsNA

Edited by SantiSuk

Wife bought me an Arsenal shirt back from the border market at Chong Jom (Surin province) yesterday.

Damn thing was blue ("a really nice colour" she said). At least she couldn't be accused of buying a copy shirt.

post-74421-0-08798500-1438393987_thumb.j

• Like 1

I don't wish to be rude about your new shirt but i think its one of the most horrid away strips i've ever seen. And Arsenal do seem to have a penchant for horrid away strip. Still remember the one that looked like someone had omitted on it!!

I don't wish to be rude about your new shirt but i think its one of the most horrid away strips i've ever seen. And Arsenal do seem to have a penchant for horrid away strip. Still remember the one that looked like someone had omitted on it!!

I don't know about that but this thing looked like it had been run over several times.

arsenal_1374792c.jpg

I don't know about that but this thing looked like it had been run over several times.

arsenal_1374792c.jpg

Jaysis mate....have some consideration for our epileptic members!

• Like 1

Asked by The Mail on Sunday about Arsenal’s Premier League prospects for the new season, which kicks off next Saturday, the Irish assistant manager issued a withering put down.

‘There’s too many Arsenal players interested in selfies and six-packs,’ said a scornful Keane.

‘Instead of focusing on winning Premier League titles, it’s all about how their bodies look, how their hair is, more so than winning football matches.’

‘They’ve lots of good players, good characters who roll their sleeves up, just not those who are trying to get their pictures [taken] every day of the week, selfies. Selfies will hold them back’ added the former United firebrand. Ouch.

rolleyes.gif

Asked by The Mail on Sunday about Arsenal’s Premier League prospects for the new season, which kicks off next Saturday, the Irish assistant manager issued a withering put down.

‘There’s too many Arsenal players interested in selfies and six-packs,’ said a scornful Keane.

‘Instead of focusing on winning Premier League titles, it’s all about how their bodies look, how their hair is, more so than winning football matches.’

‘They’ve lots of good players, good characters who roll their sleeves up, just not those who are trying to get their pictures [taken] every day of the week, selfies. Selfies will hold them back’ added the former United firebrand. Ouch.

rolleyes.gif

Bless the cork pikey is still bitter ain't he?

biggrin.png

Fairly meaningless trophy, but good to see Arsenal tough it out against a top rival and to see Arsene break his Jose duck. Two years ago we would have wilted.

Looks like Chelsea need Costa fit for most of the season if they are to dominate the season. We still need another top striker, who is not a winger in course of conversion if we are to prevent that domination.

Yep always dificult to draw anything conclusive from the opening competitive fixture. But the thing i did notice was your defence looked almost as assured as i've ever seen it.

rijit

Mertesacker looks increasingly suspect, but Monreal is a bit of a surprise in the other direction over the last few months of play. Has developed some steel that was not evident in his first two seasons.

Yep always dificult to draw anything conclusive from the opening competitive fixture. But the thing i did notice was your defence looked almost as assured as i've ever seen it.

rijit

Mertesacker looks increasingly suspect, but Monreal is a bit of a surprise in the other direction over the last few months of play. Has developed some steel that was not evident in his first two seasons.

He only looked suspect because he kept getting dragged over to cover the hole Bellerin kept leaving by charging forward.

Wenger obviously had a word at half time because the defence kept its shape a lot better 2nd half.

Great to see Moronho whinging about us having 9 men behind the ball!

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Talking of hacks writing rubbish....

“No, nothing is happening,” Wenger said when Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema was brought up. The Frenchman has been heavily linked with a move to London but the Arsenal manager was adamant that he won’t be signing him. “Honestly no. I don’t know who brings that up. Is it Spanish media or English media? I don’t know.”

rolleyes.gif

Selfies, six packs, hair dos? That's got to be Spurs players he's talking about, minus the Premier League ambitions, of course.

Not having a specific go at your club here....but you have apparently just nicked a fifteen year old goalkeeper from Porto.

How does that work?

I mean surely he is too young for a pro contract or to move on his own to London?

What's the story there??

Chuba Akpom goes to Hull on a season long loan (joining Hayden, already on loan there). Bit surprising that - thought this might be his year to break into the outer reaches of the squad. Serge Gnabry's year then? Joel Campbell still on the forward roster - internet says waiting for Palermo to bid more.

Somebody, please at least start a rumour that Flamini has a place to go so we can relax that Arsene is confident of finding that extra defensive midfielder.

Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for "a few weeks" with an ankle injury, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has said.

The 23-year-old England midfielder's career has been punctuated by injury and now he has suffered another - a hairline crack of his left fibula.

Wilshere will miss Saturday's Barclays Premier League season opener with West Ham and also faces missing England's Euro 2016 qualifying Group E fixtures with San Marino and Switzerland next month.

Wenger said on arsenal.com: "I had a bad surprise because it is a hairline crack in his fibula that makes him a few weeks out."

Reports had suggested Wilshere could be out for around two months, but Arsenal have not put an exact timescale on the injury yet.

Forget about the little tosser that is Little Jack Chicog and tell us the striker you think you will buy!

Surely Wenger knows you are a striker short of a genuine title challenge? Or will he leave you a little short again?

Forget about the little tosser that is Little Jack Chicog and tell us the striker you think you will buy!

Surely Wenger knows you are a striker short of a genuine title challenge? Or will he leave you a little short again?

Yeah we're struggling to score goals pre-season that's for sure.

Without Alexis.

coffee1.gif