Arsenal

MiG16

Well done you gooners. Well deserved..... It's all about scoring goals at the end of the day. Congratulations. Many positives for us, but thoughts immediately focus on England next week. Some really good individual performances from the English on both teams.

Well that's a great start to the day. Just found out a mate of mine hanged himself last night.

Please excuse my absence from TV for a few days, not really in the mood for footy banter at the moment.

sad.png

Chicog.

Very sorry to hear that.

SP.

Ditto.

+1. Hope you and your other mates can make some sense out of it all.

I found that pretty tense stuff. Both teams played well in defence and both pressed well. Spurs were just that little bit less effective up front despite a superior posession (normally our failing). We benefited from a fantastic goal and an increasingly authoritative goalkeeper.

We are in a far better place than we were finishing the Villa game 2 weeks ago, but the depth of our squad still terrifies the living daylights out of mefacepalm.gif. No way in hell do we stay top 4 without a couple of serious additions to the squad in the next 24 hours.

I found that pretty tense stuff. Both teams played well in defence and both pressed well. Spurs were just that little bit less effective up front despite a superior posession (normally our failing). We benefited from a fantastic goal and an increasingly authoritative goalkeeper.

We are in a far better place than we were finishing the Villa game 2 weeks ago, but the depth of our squad still terrifies the living daylights out of mefacepalm.gif. No way in hell do we stay top 4 without a couple of serious additions to the squad in the next 24 hours.

The possession aspect was encouraging for me....very disappointed we failed to score of course but a long way to go.

Now bugger off and lose a few games please. tongue.png

Well that's a great start to the day. Just found out a mate of mine hanged himself last night.

Please excuse my absence from TV for a few days, not really in the mood for footy banter at the moment.

sad.png

thats terrible chicog. Puts footie right into perspective. in the grand scale of things unimportant.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger to bid £80 million for Mesut Ozil, Angel di Maria and Abel Hernandez.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10279629/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-to-bid-80-million-for-Mesut-Ozil-Angel-di-Maria-and-Abel-Hernandez.html

Anybody know what's the latest?

Sounds like a delusional fantasy. I hear they have a shot at Ozil, who is apparently back and forth. But why would they want him ? Ozil's not really a no nonsense DM is he ? Gunners could use a bad ass sweeper, another striker and a keeper. IMHO.

Tell you what I think.

Arsene has had glory doing it the French way.

The French were magnificent on the world stage, but now their game no longer seems to work.

Same for Arsenal.

Sticking me neck out, the guys who seem to be on the ball best with the modern game are Guardiola and Mourhino.

Not convinced by Pellegrini yet.

AVB. Learning.

Didn't see the game, mildly pleased with the result and I suppose I should be interested in what's going on today, but I really can't find the enthusiasm.

Wake me up when it's over.

Thank god for football. Life goes on.

For what it's worth Chicog, 7 years ago I found my younger brother hanging from the end of a rope. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

All the best buddy in your own time.

SP.

Or Tony Adams? laugh.png

no, Kenny Sansom, he needs the money ! biggrin.png

btw great odds on your lot to get a draw or even the win. tempted ? wink.png

Oh I'm confident we will put in a good performance.....are you? rolleyes.gif

Just don't fall over if ya win big mate....thumbsup.giflaugh.png

luckily i went with my heart and not my head, i mean how could i do the unthinkable. biggrin.png

ankle still in tact, but unfortunately it looks bad for your lad who went over on his. makes me wince and cringe when i see things like that, especially in slow motion.

you look like you've got a outfit there with some good signings if i'm really being honest, they just didn't look like they where singing from the same hymn sheet yesterday and maybe weren't fully aware of what a N.London derby is all about.

think carms has a point and i guess only time will tell. will just have to wait and see when we have to come to yours for the return fixture to see how far a long the line they have gelled into a team.

still not convinced about AVB though and whether he really is all he's cracked up to be. massive gamble on your chairman's part and the deal broker this year if things do go pear shaped.

if you don't reach the promised land who's going to end up the one held accountable and where would that leave your plans for shit fart lane part two ? whistling.giftongue.png

as for mr Wengers amazing magic tricks on the last day of the window. as far as i understand it the deal for Ozil has been agreed between the two clubs, but the stumbling block could be agreeing his personal terms. ie break the clubs wage structure plan.

as for any other rabbits out the hat, we shall just have to wait and see. smile.png

• Like 1

We will tigerfish....nice win for you lot and I'd happily burn one of yer shirts in particular this morning. :P

We will hope Eriksen will provide more attacking threat and the others will learn to gel better.

Ozil is a big signing....we shall see.

Hope we get a left back before the deadline.....

Didn't see the game, mildly pleased with the result and I suppose I should be interested in what's going on today, but I really can't find the enthusiasm.

Wake me up when it's over.

Thank god for football. Life goes on.

For what it's worth Chicog, 7 years ago I found my younger brother hanging from the end of a rope. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

All the best buddy in your own time.

SP.

Thanks for the kind words Smokie.

It is a bit hard to get one's head around, he seemed to be chirpy and happy even though he was a bit under the cosh, but obviously it just got to him and he was too proud to ask anyone for help.

• Like 1

If the Mesut Ozil deal gets done it will be the best EPL signing of the summer, so far IMO. Still only 24, a wonderful attacking midfield player who has already played 47 times for Germany. Has lots of experience on the biggest of stages and I think will be a very exciting addition to the Arsenal team.

• Like 1

Very early days in the prem, but with Spurs looking a bit goal shy and Arsenal getting Ozil, I would put Arsenal firmly ahead of Spurs come May.

Make your <deleted> mind up will ya?

Jeez...! :P

Check out the prediction thread, I have Arsenal fourth. Ozil just makes me more sure.

Apparently signed up at 42mil plus 140k a week, 30mins ago, both records for Arsenal.

I'll wait to celebrate with my bottle of Fullers 10 year old vintage ale until it appears on Arsenal.com

Edited by SantiSuk

It's on Arsenal.com so break out the champagne Fullers!

Two out of four positions filled satisfactorily is not enough, although Ozil and a loaned useful keeper are excellent and ok in their own right . We still look vulnerable if one of either Koscielny or Mertesacker picks up a red or worse - a long term injury. I guess Arsene reckons he can convert Sagna to RCB. Only £42m of the feted £60m+ spent.

The nearest we will get to a trophy this year is that wretched Milk Cup and with a squad that still looks on the thin side to me we shouldn't even be trying to compete for that

Two out of four positions filled satisfactorily is not enough, although Ozil and a loaned useful keeper are excellent and ok in their own right . We still look vulnerable if one of either Koscielny or Mertesacker picks up a red or worse - a long term injury. I guess Arsene reckons he can convert Sagna to RCB. Only £42m of the feted £60m+ spent.

The nearest we will get to a trophy this year is that wretched Milk Cup and with a squad that still looks on the thin side to me we shouldn't even be trying to compete for that

Bought one of the best players in Europe, Santi....dwarfs any other EPL signing and I think he will fit in perfectly at Arsenal.

Bought one of the best players in Europe, Santi....dwarfs any other EPL signing and I think he will fit in perfectly at Arsenal.

Yup he's a world beater, but he's very lacking in game time having spent most of last season and this on the Madrid bench. And was also probably 15m overpriced but thats the cost of desperation and leaving it late. biggrin.png

• Like 1

His assist count is phenomenal and he's got bags of CL experience. I think he'll fit right in.

Don't really care about the price, with all the money coming in, it doesn't put any kind of dent in the finances.

Would have preferred Suarez to be fair wink.png

If he plays well, he'll go to RM in January IMO. They can afford him, as they will have a few players to move on in that window.

• Like 1

We did try for Demba Ba, but apparently he wouldn't move, so we're keeping Bendtner.

Mind you, if you have a decent playmaker, anyone can score goals. I was at the pub team up the road to see Graham Roberts put three past Keegan's Southampton.

All he did was stand in the box, Hoddle bounced the ball off him three times.

biggrin.png

• Like 2