Arsenal

MiG16

well that says it all ! doesn't it Mr red ?

ask any supporter of most arch rivals of a club and they would say that they'd want the other team to win. just be careful what you ask for hey, it might come back and bite you in the " arse " at the end of the season. wink.gif

and yes i suppose your avatar would look unseasonal to most Mancs smokie. at any time of the year, considering the kind of weather they get up there. just surprised Mr. red would know such a thing like that coming from a place like Surrey. biggrin.gif

Sorry smokes just seen that avatar,nice mate! nearly as good as mine.

Now then Tiger, :D I will put it on record that as a kid i used to go to watch both United and City and it was only when i saw sense that i became a fully fledged member of the Red Army much to my mothers distaste her being born in Moss Side you see!

I support United and if we play City i hope we stuff em good and proper,but i know coming from Lowry town that it would be great for City to finish 2nd behind us...it would actually rub it in a little bit more ;) as for your lot i don't think you will be any more of a threat than you have been the last few seasons,also rans if you don't mind! you do play some nice football but have no backbone to the side,just my opinion of course Tiger,finally to reply in full you must see the league table and understand like most of us northern muppets that United are top...Unbeaten and amazingly still not firing on all cylinders!!! (PLAYING CRAP AT THE MOMENT) This means there is more to come from us and that means as premier league history will tell you United get better when it matters...in short EXPERIENCE! :jap:

Lets see how we perform against the Stoke tonight :)

fully agree with you there Mr red concerning our backbone.

yeah we do play some nice attractive football at times, but as i and other members of this arsenal sub forum have been pointing out for quite sometime now our defensive frailties and concerns over not having a world class keeper are a worry. so much so that you are probably right in saying that it will turn out to be another disappointing year with us being labelled as also rans, again.

as for your outfit !

i get this increasing feeling this year that there's to much competition out there for SAF to be pulling off the same kind of tricks that hes been doing for the last several years or so and that this time around hes going to get found out.

i dont think you will get stronger in the second half of the season for the simple fact and reason that the league this year is totally different in many ways compared to say the last odd ten years or so. for a start you have maybe still 5 teams that can still win it, instead of 2 or 3. secondly you have any number of sides now in the league that can beat each other home and away. and thirdly i think most teams have wised up this season, no longer fear coming up against say one of the top 4 -6 clubs and have adopted their playing style accordingly.

i will even go so far as to say that i reckon this could be the start of the demise of such characters as Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson.

kind of springs to mind the song " getting away with it " written by two of Manchesters finest. Bernard Sumner from new order and Johnny Marr from the smiths when they formed the collaboration group, Electronic.

now there's a thing i cant fault about the region of England that you come from. the music that's come out of it over the years !

Yes fair response mate apart from the demise of Ferguson,after 25 years and the success he has had,he will be a Legend forever at OT. Time will tell for us won't it? on this season.

United without the backbone tonight no VDS or Ferdinand or Rooney :ermm:

Please dont get me started on me music :P

wow ! apart from Joe Hart and the emirates woodwork, did city actually turn up tonight to play a game of football ? dont think they fully understood the significance and importance of the game this evening in terms of taking maximum points and keeping the pressure on at the top of the table.

on the flip side and one thing that really does get to me sometimes about the way the arsenal play, is there insistence all the time of having to all but pass / walk the ball into the opposing teams net. only V. Persie tonight choose to take the bull by the horns and just let rip ! once hitting the post and then bringing out a terrific match winning save from Hart.

wow ! apart from Joe Hart and the emirates woodwork, did city actually turn up tonight to play a game of football ? dont think they fully understood the significance and importance of the game this evening in terms of taking maximum points and keeping the pressure on at the top of the table.

on the flip side and one thing that really does get to me sometimes about the way the arsenal play, is there insistence all the time of having to all but pass / walk the ball into the opposing teams net. only V. Persie tonight choose to take the bull by the horns and just let rip ! once hitting the post and then bringing out a terrific match winning save from Hart.

Mancini playing the percentages game.....remember lads its all about top four! :o

Mancini playing the percentages game.....remember lads its all about top four! :o

and that's how you count to 35.

Yes - a classic Italian display from City - they never had any intention of getting anything more than a draw - 90% of the bottom half of the table would have played more positive football at the Emirates. 90% of the bottom half would have lost also of course and one point was always going to be enough for Man City. Also I don't blame Mancini for his strategy on the day - with the best defense/keeper in England and his forwards either crap or injured what else could he do? If Arsenal had scored I suspect the flood gates would have opened. As it was the second half was a walk in the park for an admirable defensive set-up.

I thought we were very disappointing in the second half. We didn't go for it and were still nervous that Man City would find some undeserved inspiration. That's the confidence problem that eats away at you when you have relatively poor quality at the back. Nasri disappeared from view once he switched to the left and I would have been bold and put the Russian out there and brought Nasri off - not because Nasri is poor (obviously) but we have too much right wing bias with Walcott and Nasri and Sangna. I would have kept Walcott on the field (he was the only player who looked likely to get behind the City defence) and maybe brought Chamak on in place of Wilshere, who is great but is a young lad and he runs out of legs in the final quarter.

The referee should have given a yellow to Balleti for the foul and a red to Sagna for his ridiculous response (Baletti did nothing other than just keep his head still). You idiot Sagna, I hope Wenger docks your wages big time. Our defense is weak enough without losing you for 3 games. Good to see such a good tempered game otherwise.

Great night for Man U (though I still believe they will run out of DNA-inspired scrape-throughs and find that they don't have the class to compensate for that) and for Spurs. Looks like Chelski need Abramovich to prostrate himself and issue a full public apology and reinstatement to ole squelchy face Wilkins to restore decent karma at Stumble Bridge.

wow ! apart from Joe Hart and the emirates woodwork, did city actually turn up tonight to play a game of football ?

I have apologised in our thread for our display last night. Yes, top 4 is our target this year but tactics like that from the class of players we have is wrong on every level. Sorry.

Yes - a classic Italian display from City - they never had any intention of getting anything more than a draw - 90% of the bottom half of the table would have played more positive football at the Emirates. 90% of the bottom half would have lost also of course and one point was always going to be enough for Man City. Also I don't blame Mancini for his strategy on the day - with the best defense/keeper in England and his forwards either crap or injured what else could he do? If Arsenal had scored I suspect the flood gates would have opened. As it was the second half was a walk in the park for an admirable defensive set-up.

I thought we were very disappointing in the second half. We didn't go for it and were still nervous that Man City would find some undeserved inspiration. That's the confidence problem that eats away at you when you have relatively poor quality at the back. Nasri disappeared from view once he switched to the left and I would have been bold and put the Russian out there and brought Nasri off - not because Nasri is poor (obviously) but we have too much right wing bias with Walcott and Nasri and Sangna. I would have kept Walcott on the field (he was the only player who looked likely to get behind the City defence) and maybe brought Chamak on in place of Wilshere, who is great but is a young lad and he runs out of legs in the final quarter.

The referee should have given a yellow to Balleti for the foul and a red to Sagna for his ridiculous response (Baletti did nothing other than just keep his head still). You idiot Sagna, I hope Wenger docks your wages big time. Our defense is weak enough without losing you for 3 games. Good to see such a good tempered game otherwise.

Great night for Man U (though I still believe they will run out of DNA-inspired scrape-throughs and find that they don't have the class to compensate for that) and for Spurs. Looks like Chelski need Abramovich to prostrate himself and issue a full public apology and reinstatement to ole squelchy face Wilkins to restore decent karma at Stumble Bridge.

Excellent summary Santi. Better than most journalists could do. :jap:

BTW, not being pedantic but it's Zabaletta not Balleti.

wow ! apart from Joe Hart and the emirates woodwork, did city actually turn up tonight to play a game of football ?

I have apologised in our thread for our display last night. Yes, top 4 is our target this year but tactics like that from the class of players we have is wrong on every level. Sorry.

I don't think its a discredit to your players. Mancini is the one who decides the gameplan. They were just doing what he told them to do and sold the talents of your team short. You have the players to produce some very special football with the right manager.

Edited by carmine

I don't think its a discredit to your players. Mancini is the one who decides the gameplan. They were just doing what he told them to do and sold the talents of your team short. You have the players to produce some very special football with the right manager.

Exactly, I think they should hire Rafa immediately; he sure is special. Now to Arsenal....

Edited by bkkjames

Spotted on some journo blog:

"Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will make enquiries into signing Liverpool defender Daniel Agger who appears unhappy at not being guaranteed first team football. The Danish international spoke out about the club’s style of play under Roy Hodgson and in doing so appeared to anger the veteran manager and now the former Brondby man, back from injury, has stated that he will look for a move if he is not a regular in the Anfield starting eleven.

Wenger has previously been linked with a move for Agger who can play effective (sic - use proper English moron!) at left back but much prefers his usual role in the centre of defence and given that the Gunners boss has been openly looking to strengthen his back line a move for the disaffected Liverpool man makes a great deal of sense.

Some sources have stated that Roy Hodgson would be open to offers for a player who appears to be low down in the club’s central defensive pecking order with the likes of Martin Skrtel, Jamie Carragher and even Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos getting the nod over Agger.

Arsenal’s defence has been noticeably shaky this season with new signings Sebastien Squillaci and Laurent Koscielny on occasion making mistakes and the Emirates boss has made it clear he would like to bring in reinforcements and given Agger’s proven Premier League credentials a move for the £10m rated Dane would make a great deal of sense."

Delete 'on occasion' and insert 'on the occasions they are playing' (though Koscielny has looked a bit more confident in recent weeks, Squillaci on the other hand is rubbish and worth only half what we paid for him).

Agger's not a player I've focused on before - perhaps we should invite comments from the boys and girls on the Liverpool thread

Weak decision?

So it makes sense for penalty to be awarded AGAINST us but not otherwise?

Sure it wasn't a strong attack or a physical contact but he had his shirt pulled inside the area.

Arsenal support was/is strong where I was/am

;)

Honestly miggsy, joking apart, it can't help the team to have the sound of the away fans blasting in your ears the whole match and then see the home fans leaving with fifteen minutes to go. i can't believe i'm saying this but the football Wengers team plays deserves better support.

Thought Leeds were great but Arsenal getting the equaliser was well deserved. Should be a cracking replay.

Honestly miggsy, joking apart, it can't help the team to have the sound of the away fans blasting in your ears the whole match and then see the home fans leaving with fifteen minutes to go.

I cant speak for other fans, can only speak for me

I know that when we are losing I will continue to support and expect them to score all the way up to 2 minutes before the full time is up

(and in the last 2 minutes, Im still secretly hoping, but staying quiet just so I dont jinx the team)

well, to be honest I usually am quiet while i watch the games....but have occasionally been distracted

when I get distracted we tend to give away goals :angry:

as happened last night....

Walnut must have been better at diving than Bumbletov - I saw nothing. Absolutely chronic diving from Bumbletov the Bulgarian to win a penalty against Liverpool. Absolutely chronic decision making by Howard Webb (again). At least Webb got the Gerrard sending off correct.

Yesterday the Gunners were lucky to have their all-personnel off-day in a game where one point is not disastrous and we have a pretty solid squad to cope with two games a week.

The little Russian and the awkward Dane had better improve pretty fast if they want to carry on collecting wages at the Emirates

Yesterday the Gunners were lucky to have their all-personnel off-day in a game where one point is not disastrous and we have a pretty solid squad to cope with two games a week.

I know you have nno chance of winning the League & you still wouldn't have if you had actually got a Point in ann FA Cup Game to go towards your Season total..:D

Goodness gracious me, anyway here's the cheating link, cheating Arsenal, cheats..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6646841,00.html

He also added a really funn joke to his apology too.."I had a little joke with the referee afterwards saying 'that was my first dive, can you tell?'

That's hilarious yeah, cheating when you're a role Model to millions of Kids, yeah..:rolleyes:

I know you have nno chance of winning the League & you still wouldn't have if you had actually got a Point in ann FA Cup Game to go towards your Season total..:D

Goodness gracious me, anyway here's the cheating link, cheating Arsenal, cheats..

http://www.skysports...6646841,00.html

He also added a really funn joke to his apology too.."I had a little joke with the referee afterwards saying 'that was my first dive, can you tell?'

That's hilarious yeah, cheating when you're a role Model to millions of Kids, yeah..:rolleyes:

Singher, it's a shame you don't get league points for winning cup games as you'd be half way up the league by now :lol::D