Arsenal

MiG16

Hahaha love it....wasn't Wenger saying they could win the league a couple of months ago? no looks like could be finishing 4th in the EPL :D

There I was thinking they were going to win four trophies??......ahh now I understand he meant fourth place.....:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha love it....wasn't Wenger saying they could win the league a couple of months ago? no looks like could be finishing 4th in the EPL :D

There I was thinking they were going to win four trophies??......ahh now I understand he meant fourth place.....:D

I haven't jumped ship Smokie. Haven't had much value out of my nice new Cambodian Arsenal copy shirt yet.

The comment elsewhere about maybe switching to Wigan was tounge in cheek :rolleyes:

So here's a few of the rumours from the Arsenal blogs. The extended epithets are mine.

Going out:

Bendtner's Dad thinks his son should be priced at £10m (yer avin a larf pops!). No takers at any price yet (shock horror, not).

Denilsson - £8m offered by Sevilla (please please bite their hands off Arsene!)

Not going out:

Fabregas - reportedly Barca don't need him now (wonder if next season he'll stop playing like he's on sabbatical from them!)

Nasri - not going if Arsene agrees to his contract wage terms (which of course he will find difficult to do, being a parsimonious frog). Make that a going out {to "anyone but Man U" according to the French schoolteacher; tsh tsh - so bitter}

Coming in:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (strewth!). A starlet from Southampton. Another 2 or 3 years before we can drop the 'let' from starlet?

Gervinho the prolific Lille striker. Well there had to be a farangset in there somewhere didn't there?! Oh bugger - I hate footballers whose names end in inho :rolleyes:

Not coming in:

Eden Hazard - a young Belgian (sounds like a US TV soap wannabe with that name) who is supposed to be the next Lionel Messy (do Argentinians really name their kids Lionel?) and we have supposed to have been courting for a year or two. Presumably then, he is going to ... Barca?!

Not coming back yet:

Feyenoord have asked to keep Ryo Myaichi a young Japanese starlet (another starlet) who has done rather well for them apparently. F off plastic cheese-eaters!

75% rubbish rumours no doubt but kind of fun. Nothing to get the juices really flowing yet.

Edited by SantiSuk

Mmmmm Nasri will not be sold to Manchester United. biggrin.gif

He wants more money so Citeh is the only way....

Either way he only has one year left on his contract which was very careless of Mr Wenger. I wonder, is Nasri the real Man Utd target?

More effective in my book than Modric....scores more, with more assists.

Either way he only has one year left on his contract which was very careless of Mr Wenger. I wonder, is Nasri the real Man Utd target?

To get assists you need goalscorers.

To get assists you need goalscorers.

How very true but lets not go there, its still too painful thinking about all the missed chances.

What is staggering is that forwards coach, Les Ferdinand still has a job. Clearly his employment is not measured on results.

Edited by carmine

Plastic cheese eaters? :blink:

You're talking about a nation who serve up the finest cheese sarnies in the world.

Brainless garlic lovin Arse <deleted> that yer are. :)

Whaat??

Edam and Gouda are the best cheeses?

Smokie - the ciggies, sweeties, Irn-Bru and Export have really screwed up your palate mate (sorry for the assumption of you being a stereotypical Weeji :rolleyes:)

You're talking about a nation who serve up the finest cheese sarnies in the world.

Whaat??

Smokie - the ciggies, sweeties, Irn-Bru and Export have really screwed up your palate mate (sorry for the assumption of you being a stereotypical Weeji :rolleyes:)

no its the deep fried mars bars that did it ! biggrin.gif

Whaat??

no its the deep fried mars bars that did it ! biggrin.gif

Peasants you lot are.

Anyway I had a fabulous meal tonight in a secret asian location....for 3 quid.

I know a bit upmarket for you lot! :D

Lets Hope Nasri does not leave also. He is trending on twitter, so a lot of rumors circulating and stories...would not surprise me to be honest...Nasri not sure about new contract

Let's hope he's not just another young Turk who got to start believing in his own invincibility. Naz, mate, just in case you've forgotten, you were cr@p, along with the rest of them, for the last 2 and half months of the season.

Edited by SantiSuk

Arsenal sign Charlton defender Carl Jenkinson

Early transfer stuff - no mention of amount in the BBC Sport report, extracted below. Presumably he's one for the reserves and occasional bench try-out in the immediate future:

Jenkinson is Gunners boss Arsene Wenger's first summer signing Arsenal have announced the signing of 19-year-old Finland Under-21 defender Carl Jenkinson from Charlton.

The 6ft 1in right-footer, who also qualifies to play for England, made his debut for the Addicks in December 2010 and featured eight times last season.

He was predominantly deployed at full-back but can also play at centre-back.

Jenkinson, a boyhood Arsenal fan, also attracted praise from Addicks boss Chris Powell for the way in which he had conducted himself and for his potential on the pitch."If he grows into the right-back we all feel he could be, we could be talking about a player playing at the highest level for a long time." [end quote]

Liverpool Eye Up Clichy

Yet another player who is making life difficult for Wenger. To be honest Clichy has been quite mistake prone in the last few seasons. I remember the stupid penalty he gave away against Birmingham in the last 30 seconds a few seasons ago when Eduardo had the bad break. That was the day we" lost" the league. Gibbs I think is more than capable. Wenger really though needs to go out and spend the money he receives if these guys leave.

Liverpool are weighing up a £5million bid for Arsenal’s Gael Clichy as their search for a new left back intensifies.

The France international is heading into the final 12 months of his contract at The Emirates Stadium but will not sign a new deal.

Clichy, 25, is one of a number of options being considered but is considerably cheaper than £9million-rated Aly Cissohko of Lyon and Osasuna’s Spain international, Nacho Monreal.

Adams: Graham was better than Wenger

June 10, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Arsenal legend Tony Adams claims that George Graham was a better coach than Arsene Wenger

Wenger has come under scrutiny of late, having failed to deliver a trophy to the Emirates for a sixth straight year, which has unsettled star players such as Samir Nasri and captain Cesc Fabregas.

However, it was still surprising to see Adams, one of the club's favourite sons, give a negative evaluation of arguably the club's greatest ever manager.

"No disrespect to Arsene, but George's coaching ability, defensive structure and technical ability, for me, is far better,'' Adams told the Daily Mirror. ''It's his strength, and that was George's particular strength. I think Wenger is a magnificent physiologist and psychologist. Those are the areas where he excels."

Adams, who is currently coaching in Azerbaijan, won two league titles under Graham and the Double twice under Wenger.

"Maybe not this year, but next season, I might have a chance of winning the Azerbaijan league title with Gabala and going into the Champions League qualifying rounds," he added. "We could even play Arsenal, but they are struggling to get in the top five now, aren't they? Who knows?''

"Adams, who is currently coaching in Azerbaijan"

Yeah right Donkey knob.

Let's be fair....he was offered the Rochdale job. :ph34r::lol:

Great player, poor coach. Tammadar. Same as a number of ex-Man U players.

Clichy going is not a surprise - Wenger signalled as much in the latter part of the season by picking him sporadically and commenting that the right back position was a problem area.

The suspected (by me anyway) severe disaffection in the Arsenal camp is now showing thru' in a lot of potential leavers. Wenger is going to be a busy bunny this Summer.

Edited by SantiSuk

Usmanov paints his vision for the way forward, and blames the current board of directors for failure to bring a trophy in 6 years. I have to agree with a lot of what Usmanov says here. I m surprised that he shows quite an astute understanding of football, which is unusual for these billionaires owners. Here is the article...Alisher Usmanov blames Arsenal board for trophy drought since 2005

The 57-year-old, who is not an Arsenal director, even though he owns almost 30% of Arsenal Holdings, believes self-interest among the board members is stymieing the Gunners' chances of on-field success.

Usmanov also claimed there would need to be a switch in emphasis if he were to end up on the board.

He told the News of the World: "If the role of a board member is to oversee a trophyless period, while making significant personal profits and asking fans to pay inflation-busting ticket price increases then, no, I would not want to be on the board.

"If instead it is to try to deliver sustained success, to increase your personal investment in the club, to help develop the commercial position and to ensure the fans have a say in the running of the club then, yes, I think I certainly have something to contribute.

"In terms of doing things differently, let me give you a very clear example. Arsenal has all of its major commercial contracts coming up for renewal in the next couple of years.

Related Articles

"It's no secret that to maximise the value of those you want to have success on the field and be winning trophies. To do that you need to invest now in building a winning team. This is simple commercial logic. Whether it comes to pass, we shall see."

Arsenal's season collapsed in spectacular fashion following their League Cup final defeat to Birmingham in February, with their challenges in the Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League all crumbling in the wake of that Wembley reverse.

And Usmanov is of the opinion that manager Arsène Wenger needs to be given the financial backing to bring in experienced players to complement the crop of talented youngsters the club have at their disposal.

"There is a widely-held view among most commentators - and one that I agree with - that the club needs to stiffen the defensive spine of the team, with a dominant keeper, strong centre-halves and a powerful defensive midfielder in the mould of Claude Makelele," he said.

"The Premier League is one of the most competitive in the world and whilst we have consistently challenged for honours, the club needs to develop talent and buy top-class players to win the trophies we all crave. This requires greater investment which, I believe, has been lacking thus far.

"What however is not clear is whether the board shares this view. For too long they have seemed happy to sanction second, third and fourth as being acceptable, whilst at the same time they are planning to sell their shares."

Usmanov paints his vision for the way forward, and blames the current board of directors for failure to bring a trophy in 6 years. I have to agree with a lot of what Usmanov says here. I m surprised that he shows quite an astute understanding of football, which is unusual for these billionaires owners. Here is the article...Alisher Usmanov blames Arsenal board for trophy drought since 2005

............ [extracts deleted - see above] .........................

:clap2:

:hit-the-fan:

Unfortunately the American majority shareholder is trying to get rid of him I believe.

Edited by SantiSuk

............ [extracts deleted - see above] .........................

:clap2:

:hit-the-fan:

Unfortunately the American majority shareholder is trying to get rid of him I believe.

For sure, it looks as if Kroenke will be the main man...under unfortunate circumstances it might be said. With Danny Fizman selling his stake a few days before he died...its clear that he sold his stake due to illness rather than cashing in, and instead leaving the money to his family without the stress of running Arsenal.

Kroenke though seems not a bad option either. The silent man perhaps, but he will not be taking Arsenal over and using the club as collateral for debt financing such as happened at UTD. He believes in the self sustaining model...Director Gazadis who seems very astute seems to have a good relationship with Stan Kroenke. and just today Gazadis said it will a very busy summer for Arsenal in the transfer market, buying and selling. The latest is Gervinho from Lyon...

Anyway, you guys might want to bookmark this...it is a dedicated section to all transfer news, rumours and movements...

Transfer section

Let Fabregas go and put Nasri in there. Get Schwarzer or someone with enough experience to settle the new/young/crap defence for a year.

Pay anyone to take Bendtner and denilson, even offer Theo. Keep Arshavin and start him as often as possible.

Always start with Chamakh and Van Stroppy.