Arsenal

MiG16

'kin hell. Will somebody please explain what happened there!

One thing I do know was key - Aaron Rasey played an absolute stonker. I don't think he's for sale if Inter come knocking :rolleyes:

Two clown comedy cars of football just collided methinks

edit: good job the boss stayed faithful to Theo also. When he plays well he looks a lot stronger physically than last season.

Edited by SantiSuk

Mr Slippy

terry2.jpglaugh.giflaugh.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

and he was looking so smug at half time, having just put Chelski 2 - 1 up and thinking he may have scored a winner. LMAO ! laugh.gif

bloody hell, the defence was poor on both sides though.

oh, btw can we have a full cut and pasted match report on that one Seapok, if you don't mind. wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

@fishy and migsy and santi etc....

Well done...I enjoyed that one. smile.gif

Not many etc's here unfortunately but ta for the bouquets :rolleyes:. I don't watch many games twice but suspect I may take another peek at this one if only to see if I can understand how it all happened better.

Hopefully our lot will keep their feet on the ground. The defence was unremittingly awful in the first 15 minutes and I still thought we would get no points until about the 80th minute. even then I was still targeting one point until vanP's final killer! Ultimately it was probably our best performance since playing away to Man City a year ago but it never felt like that during the ride.

Terry's attitude on scoring the second was a game defining moment for me. Chelsea didn't start overconfident but his reaction to the goal was pure 'see guys .. cakewalk'! They should have wrapped it up in the first 15 minutes and they stepped off the gas in the last 15 minutes of the first half. Second half Arsenal discovered how to press for the ball and Chelsea forgot.

No way vanP is going anywhere if the likes of Ramsey, Walcott and Gervinho can continue to give him great ball.

I'd like to think that Chelsea can continue in the same vein. we need two 'loose places' in the top 4 to have a realistic chance of getting the CL spot again. I doubt it though - misplaced overconfidence and them missing having any game changing forwards on the bench (neither Drogba nor Anelke) was their downfall.

Wenger's pre-match comments that Terry is one of those players that can work through his troubles on the pitch - how wrong can you be?! Perhaps managers will learn the lessons (Rooney now Terry) that you shouldn't play someone who is taking shit off the park, no matter how robust they might present to you.Was Wenger's remark a piece of Fergussonian genius, we may never know :rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk

My word we are excitable on here today.

I just couldn't work out who i wanted to lose the most. I sort of decided on Chelsea as they are challenging us for the top four. :D

Much the same here....add on their odious captain and disgraceful behaviour over the summer and yeah....probably the first time I've ever wanted the Arse not to lose. But really a draw would have been better. wink.gif

I just couldn't work out who i wanted to lose the most. I sort of decided on Chelsea as they are challenging us for the top four. :D

Much the same here....add on their odious captain and disgraceful behaviour over the summer and yeah....probably the first time I've ever wanted the Arse not to lose. But really a draw would have been better. wink.gif

getting a little nervous now, are we boys ?

you don't honestly think we can catch up with you, do you ? blink.giflaugh.gif

Frankly, no.

Frankly, no.

With their defensive record...not a hope! laugh.gif

I'm waiting for Van Persie to get injured....then we'll see them slide in the other direction again....biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Tottenham chief Harry Redknapp are battling it out with Valencia over Le Havre teenager Jeremy Balmy.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Lay off 'Arry. He's a young French boy and Arsene saw the pictures first!

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Tottenham chief Harry Redknapp are battling it out with Valencia over Le Havre teenager Jeremy Balmy.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Lay off 'Arry. He's a young French boy and Arsene saw the pictures first!

That'll be the ones of him in the changing room.....looking for some new errrm "talent". ermm.gifbiggrin.gif

Think I'll give the subdued England performance (bu44er-all goals) a miss on TV and watch the Portugal-Croatia Euro playoff (loads-a-goals) instead on TSP1 at 13:30.

I enjoyed catching a re-run of the Denmark Portugal game last week, which surprisingly relegated Portugal to these playoffs.

And the link to Arsenal is .... Nicholas Bendtner.

He never proved his promise for us and it looks like Steve Bruce is struggling to get him going as well; comforting - you hate to sell your poorer or difficult-to-handle players and then find them doing well elsewhere in the division (Gallas comes to mind, not convinced yet whether Addybaddy is going to fit that mould). But, for Denmark Bendtner seems to be a revelation and enjoys his nation's adulation. It finally matches his own opinion of his qualities.:rolleyes:

Get on your bike Arse and sell him to a Danish club quick! He's still our property, but has vowed never to play for us and we aren't losing any tears over that (currently)

Meant to comment about the England v Spain game. It was a travesty to keep Fabregas on the bench so long. The Spanish football establishment still exacts its nationalistic revenge against players who leave La Liga.

Serves the pratts right - Fabregas clearly showed he could well have unstitched the otherwise solid England defence - unlike the rest of the mediocre (in the last third) Spanish attack.

Arsene quoted as saying he will consider his future at the Arsenal at the end of May.

well what ever happens, you have to say he has brought something to the English game. in the typical fashion of a Frenchman, whether you like him or not.

for being an Arsenal fan, i would like to remember this kind of stuff !

on its day unbeatable and a joy to watch.

bugger, couldn't find a link to post ! laugh.gif

nah not really, i just couldn't be arsed to go threw the whole lot and pick the best one out. whistling.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Thoughts on the first half performance please?

didn't see it mate, so cant comment.

odds on though, RVP picks up an injury before the new year and i bet it wont be of his own doing. worth checking the fixtures list to see who we are playing in the next few weeks or so. wink.gif

Thoughts on the first half performance please?

didn't see it mate, so cant comment.

odds on though, RVP picks up an injury before the new year and i bet it wont be of his own doing. worth checking the fixtures list to see who we are playing in the next few weeks or so. wink.gif

I did see it. Apart from the Mertesacker howler (how much longer does the guy need to 'adjust' to the so-called faster pace of the EPL?) it was a relatively comfortable affair until about half way through the second half when the presence of only a one goal difference - about 2 less than merited on the run of play - led to those old 'anything can happen with Arsenal' jitters.

Nice to see us play down the wings quite successfully for a change. Normally we go much more down the middle but Ramsey and Arteta were very quiet and luckily Walcott and Gervinho put in strong performances.

Getting a bit sick of this one man team refrain that the meejah spout. Anyone would think that vanPersie is the only one playing. Virtually all of his goals are set up by others and on Saturday he was the third best Arsenal player on the pitch. Would be nice to have three world class forwards like Man City though. As it is, it is nice to have one world class forward when Man Yoo and Chelsea seem to be operating without one at all :rolleyes:.

On current form the EPL should finish up Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Man U. :whistling: Comments on a postcard please? Edit: that's not a prediction - far too early to say.

PS - Wenger has now reiterated that he is committed to Arsenal for the whole of his footballing career. I guess that his French media comments were directed at dark thoughts he has that he might give up the game. Personally I am not a huge fan (he's not a top 5 in the world manager and Arsenal should be demanding same) so I don't think it is the end of the world if he goes, so long as his great leagacy of style can be somehow preserved.

Edited by SantiSuk

On current form the EPL should finish up Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Man U. :whistling: Comments on a postcard please? Edit: that's not a prediction - far too early to say.

Funnily enough I was just looking at form. If you take the last 7 matches then LFC have scored 15 points or 2.14 PPG. If you extrapolate that for the whole season you get 81.3 - easily enough for 4th, usually enough for second and last season it would have been enough to win the League.

However, 15 points from the last 7 matches is only currently good enough for 5th - behind Man City (21), Spurs (19), Arsenal (18) and Newcastle (16) - but it does put us ahead of Man Utd (14) and Chelsea (12).

Funnily enough I was just looking at form. If you take the last 7 matches then LFC have scored 15 points or 2.14 PPG. If you extrapolate that for the whole season you get 81.3 - easily enough for 4th, usually enough for second and last season it would have been enough to win the League.

However, 15 points from the last 7 matches is only currently good enough for 5th - behind Man City (21), Spurs (19), Arsenal (18) and Newcastle (16) - but it does put us ahead of Man Utd (14) and Chelsea (12).

Abrak says we'll finish second. You heard it here first! smile.gif

Bad night oop north last night, let's hope London fares better. I like to see all four English teams go through and preferably on top of their groups. In addition to patriotism overruling internecine rivalry I don't want Arsenal lined up against any of the other 3 just yet!

Hallo Gunners fans,

Dutch striker Robin van Persie continued his superb scoring streak this season, netting another double as Arsenal beat German champions Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the Champions League to clinch top spot in Group F and secure qualification for the last 16. Dortmund did pull one back through Shinji Kagawa with the final kick of the game, but it was too late to make a difference as Arsenal made it eight wins and a draw from their last nine matches, following a poor start to the season.

Arsenal are on 11 points, four clear of Greek champions Olympiakos, who stunned Marseille 1-0 in France.

Congratulations to Arsenal and coach Arsene Wenger.

Hallo Gunners fans,

Dutch striker Robin van Persie continued his superb scoring streak this season, netting another double as Arsenal beat German champions Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the Champions League to clinch top spot in Group F and secure qualification for the last 16. Dortmund did pull one back through Shinji Kagawa with the final kick of the game, but it was too late to make a difference as Arsenal made it eight wins and a draw from their last nine matches, following a poor start to the season.

Arsenal are on 11 points, four clear of Greek champions Olympiakos, who stunned Marseille 1-0 in France.

Congratulations to Arsenal and coach Arsene Wenger.

Great result and much needed given that Olympiakos might have hit form and our last game is away in Athens. As it is Olymiakos away will be a great test for the bench team. Haven't seen it yet - on holiday in Pai and the hippies don't do all night sports bars!

What a turnaround Arsene - the only EPL team to top their group by the looks of it. Some managers like SAF and Arse just seem to have that happy knack of knowing how to play the continentals - as did Jose (why the hell did Abramo-witch get rid?). It'll be a real surprise and disappointment (and I mean that seriously folks) to lose a team or two at the group stages. In fairness it has been easier than deserved - we were lucky away to Borussia and they were out of form; Marseille have been much poorer than expected.

Chelsea's nightmare continues. Another one-year-and-your toast manager?

Edited by SantiSuk