Just shoot the ball into the net!!!

Pleaseeeee

Edited 15 minutes later to add that:

Phew! I can now breathe again

Good thing I said please and gave RvP a smile

Now 2:2

Must of been some halftime team talk !

More goals to come?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

I think Wenger said "Fer Fxxks sake - stop looking for vanP. You lot are good enough to go straight at their defence".

We played well throughout, but Villa had a couple of excellent sucker punches in the first half. Keane was a revelation- how did you Reds waste him? However as pretty as we played in the final third Arsenal continued their habit of looking for the leader to put the ball away. VanP himself looked off form to me - no off-the-ball movement, hence no first half goals. In the second half Walcott, Ramsey et al seemed to take it on themselves to charge on through. Hence the fouls, hence the penalties, hence the win. Luvvly jubbly.

I'm surprised Arsene didn't substitute Oxlade-Chamberlain at the end in some sort of 'who's yer Daddy' statement.

I worry we have a tired attack now for the tricky Bolton away tie. Drop points there and I think we can safely dismiss Arsenal's 4th place chance (though Chelsea continue to fail to impress - did you see that outrageous decision by Mike Dean to give them a lucky Cup result!?).

Not expecting signings from Wenger today - another example of his stubborn-ness. Alfiecon - I couldn't believe his statement about loan players either since we have about 4 out on loan ourselves, let alone Benayoun in on loan. Surely he was misquoted? The man's gotta go, but so should the owner. We are a plum target for some rich oil barron and I'm sure Kroenke would bite - he's a financial investor, not a football owner.

Ivan Gazidis has claimed that Manchester City - who are 18 points ahead of the Gunners in the Premier League - are jealous of them because they are still in the Champions League and FA Cup. "Manchester City would love to be in three competitions. They're not. So money is not everything," Gazidis is quoted as saying.

Thanks for pointing that out mate - that makes me feel so much better about Arsenal's performances this year.

Delusional plonker

Edited by SantiSuk

Shame you didn't wake up after it had finished!

MrRed mad.gif

Im already gutted that I missed a lot of the game and we didnt win

(always feel partially responsible LOL - like when I dont watch my team doesnt do too well :P )

Shame you didn't wake up after it had finished!

Just saw the re-run while i was watching the paint dry.Bolton should have had a penalty.

Agree but we should have scored 2 or 3 in the first 30 minutes. We totally dominated the first half hour but then frustration at the misses and tiredness set in.

As I said before the game, we had to get 3 points from this one to have a chance at 4th spot. I'm calling a disastrous season for Arsenal now! I suspect someone will haul down Chelsea but it will not be us unfortunately. Our team is not good enough to compete for fourth or to win the FA Cup and we will be eliminated from the CL at this upcoming stage. Van Persie will not stop around and (hopefully) Wenger will resign in the Summer.

Even more hopefully the present investor will be replaced by someone who is more interested in seeing the Arsenal brand progress than in eeking out a very nice return for his American family trusts. Bring on the Special One (but not with the present owner, Ancelotti would be more suited to him).

Better get some more chocolate stocks in Migsy. Personally I helped myself to half a small bottle of Lao Khao at 4:00am and went back to bed later in a miserable mood with a thumping head.

[On the subject of bad reffing decisions, did you see Mike Dean's read of Vermaelen's so-called yellow card tackle. Needs new glasses].

Bit lucky with the sending off I thought.

Well he did go on to score a hat-trick!

Empty seats...dear oh dear...I'll buy one for the derby match if ya can't sell 'em migsy!! giggle.gif

They were sold - it's just that the champagne set turned up a couple of hours later. Their butlers forgot to tell them about the early start. giggle.gif

rolleyes.gif

And santi - yes you do need to go back to bed

Such negativity!

I put up with it from the other guys. But from a fellow gooner? I don't need it

Thank you for that kick up the proverbial Mig. Yesterday (edit: oops - day before that) was a good tonic for my murderous mood. Almost worth 4 points, since we are now well clear of Liverpool and Newcastle on goal difference and ahead of Chelsea.

What a fantastically mature performance from AOC. Some journos are already comparing him to an emerging Beckham. Don't think the girls will agree with that one!

Chelsea were abject in their surrender last night (and Manyoo terrific). I hate to say it, but COME ON YOU SPURS for tonight*. Guess I'm going to have to get up in the night again for this one - should be a bit of a cliffhanger.

[*I'd rather have 3 teams run away up front and have a one on one with Chelsea for fourth than have a 4-way dog fight for 2 places. Spurs are very unlikley to fall back into the fray anyway, unless Bale, Kaboul and Parker fall off a bus!]

Edited by SantiSuk

Let's hope he keeps scoring at the same rate Migsy.

Thierry is back off to New York on 16th February. Am I the only gooner who finds his visit a bit of an unwelcome distraction? Guess that's because I came to Arsenal as a fan later in life than his reign.

Worth it I suppose for that one winning goal in the FA Cup. Van Persie also seems to have a genuine affection for the man, if his 'here you go mate' pass for Arsenal's seventh against Blackburn is anything to go by. That might help us retain vanP's services in the longer term as Henri is obviously going to return to Arsenal in some capacity when he hangs up his boots. That can't be too far away now judging by his limited useability as a Premier League player - just shows how far the MLS is still away from major league status.

Very tricky game at Sunderland this weekend - they are top of the form table last time I looked (and we are way down there! Let's hope that the exuberance from last week can carry through to the Stadium of Light and to Milan next week. Looks like there is nothing to prevent Arsenal fielding the same team as last week - I like the Arteta/Rosicky combination better than one involving Ramsey, who has disappointed over the last couple of months. They seem to keep our shape better with less holes opening up on counter-attacks.

Pity about Frimpong - bad injury playing on loan at Wolves last week and he'll not be back playing until mid Autumn at the earliest by the sound of it. Shame - the Wolves loan was proving good for his development and it probably delays his chance of being in the regular rotation by a season.

Was a bit of a short visit. By Henry I mean. I like him. He's absolutely amazing. But former players appearing for a couple of games doesn't quite do it for me. Only exception should be one of those Denis Bergkhamp farewell type game.

That was a truly legendary game. A friend was at the game and I'm still so envious to this day. I watched on tv :(

There was a recent video on the Arsenal website of Henry and Djourou chewing the fat, as it were. Pirès made a surprise appearance in it. Looks like he's doing some training there between playing in the Indian Premier league.

Haha for once mrred is supporting us?

Kick off in two hours.

I was gonna sleep for three hrs just on midnight then wake up for the game. But Now that it's only two hrs to go if I sleep I might not wake up in time. Can't risk that can I :D

Haha for once mrred is supporting us?

Kick off in two hours.

I was gonna sleep for three hrs just on midnight then wake up for the game. But Now that it's only two hrs to go if I sleep I might not wake up in time. Can't risk that can I biggrin.png

I think not waking up would have been the better option 24.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Abrak - what on earth are you talking about - I think you are confusing economists with accountants. Wenger may be an economist by learning, but it's accountants who save money, and that's what he's become. While I like your model of all the big teams crashing down and leaving Arsenal standing in the clear blue light of sustainability, but I don't agree that's what will happen. The world economy is not going to come crashing down this year - why do I know this, because loads of economists are predicting that it will; the biggest buy signal you could get! :-)

Perhaps an easier way of answering the same question. To the best of my knowledge Arsenal have never paid dividends out of the business (I might be wrong on that). In which case profits simply go to pay down debt which have a capital cost. Generating losses and increasing debt does not seem to make a lot of sense at this time in order to achieve success.

What would you suggest that Arsene does. Make profits and pay down debt or compete with players who have unlimited capital - therefore generation losses and increasing debt. If they have to generate losses to win then winning is not worth it. And if they have to spend less then your ability to spend more must be an advantage.

Imagine a weird world where players went to say Spurs because although the money was not that great they could afford another decent player. As apposed to the rich clubs who cant afford anyone because they cant get rid of the last massively overly priced player they bought. Of course it would never happen...........