Pool give very bad smell

alessiahayden66

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bagwain!!! Thanks for your reply. I change water frequently because after every 10-15 days because water start giving very bad smell. I also want to confirm that there is no algae issue in my pool if anyone thinks about that. Apart from this, water in my pool comes from municipal water supply which is perfect for pool in my view but I also use extra filter. My Pool volume is 14,200 gallons.

56 minutes ago, alessiahayden66 said:

Hi Bagwain!!! Thanks for your reply. I change water frequently because after every 10-15 days because water start giving very bad smell. I also want to confirm that there is no algae issue in my pool if anyone thinks about that. Apart from this, water in my pool comes from municipal water supply which is perfect for pool in my view but I also use extra filter. My Pool volume is 14,200 gallons.

Sounds like you don't have a filtration system?

Must cost you heaps in water if you fill up every 2 weeks or so.

Not the ideal situation!!!

20 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Sounds like you don't have a filtration system?

Must cost you heaps in water if you fill up every 2 weeks or so.

Not the ideal situation!!!

Should not be necessary change water. Should last for years with correct treatment. PM me for help.

The water should be circulated by a pump through a filter, which is usually a tank with sand in it.

A valve  arrangement will allow reversal and feed to drain to give the ability to backwash.

Depending on pump size and pool volume the filtration system should be run some hours, mine runs for about 6/day.

Hence a timer required.

If you haven't got one of these you have a pond not a pool.

Other than that just a matter of keeping the free chlorine level good and ph where it should be, maybe adding a little clarifier and fungal agent now and again..

I have not changed the water in mine since I moved  in nor needed to.

No filtration = no water flow or removal of very fine material

You mentioned "adding more Chlorine but no results yet"

That may lead to a cloudy pool which may suggest Ammonia, which is eating your Chlorine rapidly

i suggest you temporarily hire a pool man and have him instruct you on how to properly care for your pool. instead of getting random advice from people who don't have enough information and have to speculate what is happening.

3 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Irrelevant as the topic is about odor not clarity.  Give it another go from the top why don't you?

Trying to get your post rate up with nonsense?

let me amend his post for him for the willfully ignorant..

"He has been in his house for 9 years. The water is crystal clear and doesn't stink, and has never been changed."

I'm going to lock this thread until our OP comes back to me by PM regarding his other pool related posts which imply at least reasonable knowledge of pools and their maintenance.

He may wish to include photos of his filtration system, pump operating times, water test results (even from a simple kit), chlorinator setup (salt, tablets, manual). 

I also note that he appears to be outside Thailand.

Archived