Army reminds baht bus drivers of parking rules

Rimmer

Army reminds baht bus drivers of parking rules

image.png

PATTAYA:--The army reminded Pattaya baht bus drivers that it installed bus stops for a reason, and busted drivers ignoring them.

Maj. Paijit Charoenpong of the National Council for Peace and Order’s Bang­lamung division led another check on pickup truck and metered taxis, tour buses and minivans on Beach Road Feb. 22.

The intention was to help ease traffic congestion and let public transport drivers know that the military hasn’t forgotten about the new rules and bus stops it put in place last year, even though months have gone by without any enforcement.

Baht buses, in particular, were caught throughout the day stopping in forbidden areas. Drivers had their licenses confiscated and were told they could retrieve them from the NCPO after performing community service at Photisampan Temple.

Repeat offenders will have their vehicles seized for a week or more with serial offenders seeing their licenses revoked.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-03-02

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I reckon ONE zealous policeman could make 100 arrests a day if he did a walk-about on 2nd road.  As for checking the meterless taximeters, no policeman would kill the goose that lays this golden egg.

anybody has used the OK TAXI app in PTY ? I doubt it works but glad to learn the contrary....

I also agree with some fellow posters here....the first crooks and cheats with whom a arriving foreigner has to deal with in Thailand,  are the Bangkok Thai Taxi thieves at the Airport,  who argue for turning ON the meter...a disgusting image !!! .... why do you think Uber became a billion dollar venture almost overnight and worldwide ? ....

And what has the army, the Police, the special squads, the taxi booth at Swampy changed ?....Nothing !!!!...you report a cheating taxi at the counter, they just smile and ask you to take another ticket....you get a taste of Thai corruption straight on your arrival at Suvarnabhumi....:welcomeani:.....

The army should be present at the taxi lanes and if a driver is reported to argue on the meter....well he could be dragged out of his taxi and say..."punished" on the spot ?!!!:clap2:.... things will change within a few hours if a proper example is given to the other driver crooks waiting in their taxis. In fact I may have a few suggestions on how to punish the taxi driver thieves in public :cheesy:

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 9:07 PM, observer90210 said:

I also agree with some fellow posters here....the first crooks and cheats with whom a arriving foreigner has to deal with in Thailand,  are the Bangkok Thai Taxi thieves at the Airport,  who argue for turning ON the meter...a disgusting image !!! .... why do you think Uber became a billion dollar venture almost overnight and worldwide ? ....

And what has the army, the Police, the special squads, the taxi booth at Swampy changed ?....Nothing !!!!...you report a cheating taxi at the counter, they just smile and ask you to take another ticket....you get a taste of Thai corruption straight on your arrival at Suvarnabhumi....:welcomeani:.....

The army should be present at the taxi lanes and if a driver is reported to argue on the meter....well he could be dragged out of his taxi and say..."punished" on the spot ?!!!:clap2:.... things will change within a few hours if a proper example is given to the other driver crooks waiting in their taxis. In fact I may have a few suggestions on how to punish the taxi driver thieves in public :cheesy:

I believe the only viable way to get rid of the scams is to introduce a zoning system with a FIXED fare that is printed on the Taxi slip that arriving PAX get at the Suvarnabhumi Taxi counter. So no discussions will commence once on board of the Taxi whatsoever

On 3/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, HLover said:

It would be nice if foreigners could provide community service at the temple as an alternative to a fine.

Has the option to carry out community service at Father Ray's been removed as an alternative to paying a fine or is that just for drink/driving fines ????

4 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Has the option to carry out community service at Father Ray's been removed as an alternative to paying a fine or is that just for drink/driving fines ????

No information regarding that, never heard of that before.  

14 hours ago, HLover said:

No information regarding that, never heard of that before.  

It was an option on one of the Pattaya "Clampdowns"..No idea if it still exists because nobody I know now gets in a car or on their motorcy whilst drunk ...Obviously 30 hours of Father Ray's did the trick!! 

1 hour ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

It was an option on one of the Pattaya "Clampdowns"..No idea if it still exists because nobody I know now gets in a car or on their motorcy whilst drunk ...Obviously 30 hours of Father Ray's did the trick!! 

Just found out today that Thais can be assigned work hours at the temple. Not clear if this is in lieu of a monetary fine or a choice given to the guilty party.

Mearly passing information as the rules are quite different for non-citizens.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:07 PM, observer90210 said:

There are no taxi rip offs at the airport unless you are an idiot. However,  the Taxi situation in Pattaya is a, disgrace but not an army matter. The job of an army is to protect it's citizens from external enemies. 

• Like 1