Ghosts or bad luck, Labour Ministry holds an exorcism

webfact

Ghosts or bad luck, Labour Ministry holds an exorcism

By The Nation

0e2e885f40f42bc94c13de9b6efcb2c3-sld.jpe

Spooky incidents at the Labour Ministry’s Bangkok headquarters prompted a ritual exorcism on Thursday aimed at freeing trapped spirits of the deceased and shielding civil servants from further disturbances.

Lights turning on and off and doors opening by themselves were also blamed on “bad feng shui” at the ministry compound in Din Daeng district.

Narongsak Khukittirat from the Chaopor Nagaraj Jansen Shrine in Nakhon Sawan, who led the ritual, pointed out that a road cuts right through the compound, which he said allows wandering spirits to manifest paranormal phenomena.

Narongsak, who is known as Ajarn Haew Mordu Thevada, and monks from Wat Cherng Tha in Lop Buri conducted the hour-long ceremony, which Labour Minister Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew and permanent secretary Jarin Chakkaphark attended. It was described as “the ministry’s largest such ritual” ever.

The crowd of 500 observers also included private citizens and migrant workers waiting to be registered at the ministry.

At one point a gust of wind blew out most of the ceremonial candles.

“Many of the civil servants are scared, even my own secretary, but I’m not afraid personally,” Jarin said. “This ceremony is auspicious. It’s a way of paying respect to the supernatural beings living here and telling the wandering spirits they have died and can move on to the next world.”

Jarin said that in 2004 a senior official had committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the main, 15-storey building.

“He was a friend of mine, so I hope this rite will let his spirit know too. We are not driving them out disrespectfully, just informing them they should move on and not remain here scaring people.”

In 2013 an anti-government protester who was shot in a clash with police at nearby Thai-Japanese Din Daeng Stadium ran into the ministry compound, where he succumbed to his wounds.

There was also speculation among observers that the ceremony might be an attempt to overcome “bad luck” afflicting top officials.

Minister Adul was formerly in charge of the Social Development and Human Security Ministry, which is now at the centre of a controversy.

Irregularities in the allowance payment to the destitute people were allegedly committed by officials at the centers caring for destitute people are the subject of an ongoing investigation.

Meanwhile Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha criticised the Labour Ministry this week for its “rather slow” progress in registering migrant workers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340561

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-09

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha criticised the Labour Ministry this week for its “rather slow” progress in registering migrant workers.

I wouldn't have called it a simplistic case of criticism. More like an boorish, wild eyed, petulant, fist banging rage. 

An unflattering parade ground type performance which any other national leader would have been ashamed to have committed in public.

Edited by Cadbury

Come on, guys! Can we definitively prove that ghosts don’t exist? Let’s respect their beliefs. 

I’m kidding, of course. Just get annoyed when so-called educated people say this. To which my reply is always, “if you were interviewing someone for a job. Someone very educated and qualified, would you still employ them if you knew they had these kind of beliefs. Answer? Most likely not. 

Funny how opinions change when it matters. 

This story is terrifying. To think there are people running a country that believe in this rubbish. They realize to believe in such nonsense is a form of schizophrenia. Religion also. Its all insanity or i should say a delusional insanity. Oh when will thailand push science more in schools????

Its truly terrifying that there is very few sane people here. My wife is one thankfully. Thais have no commonsense or can think rationally and listen to what ever other thais say like its gospel. Absolute insanity.

I had one very strange experience as a youngster that i could point a figure at being paranormal but im not an idiot.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

.....but thanked the Ministry for giving him a good idea to delay the election. Delayed due to too many bad ghosts and spirits in February

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Come on, guys! Can we definitively prove that ghosts don’t exist? Let’s respect their beliefs. 

I’m kidding, of course. Just get annoyed when so-called educated people say this. To which my reply is always, “if you were interviewing someone for a job. Someone very educated and qualified, would you still employ them if you knew they had these kind of beliefs. Answer? Most likely not. 

Funny how opinions change when it matters. 

I do agree with you first line. If one is religious then almost (almost, Ha!) by definition one has to recognise that such things exist and there are plenty of rational people around the world who have experienced/witness strange phenomena...perhaps posters here have seen something odd etc. But it's a matter of perspective isn't it...if you American, check out a whole town of Garnet, Montana...or in Chernobyl, Russia where apparently before the disaster people experienced all sorts of strange things (Black Bird of Chernobyl for example). I mention these because they government owned properties (though I'm not too sure if that is the correct term to use for Garnet). The difference is that in Thailand Thai people are quite open with all manner of strange ideas, tree spirits, Land Guardians and the like. If one is not religious then one might believe in humans having a 'life force' (Chinese Qi for example) which also can have 'ghost like' interpretations. However, the point is how one reacts to one's belief...what do you believe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

I do agree with you first line. If one is religious then almost (almost, Ha!) by definition one has to recognise that such things exist and there are plenty of rational people around the world who have experienced/witness strange phenomena...perhaps posters here have seen something odd etc. But it's a matter of perspective isn't it...if you American, check out a whole town of Garnet, Montana...or in Chernobyl, Russia where apparently before the disaster people experienced all sorts of strange things (Black Bird of Chernobyl for example). I mention these because they government owned properties (though I'm not too sure if that is the correct term to use for Garnet). The difference is that in Thailand Thai people are quite open with all manner of strange ideas, tree spirits, Land Guardians and the like. If one is not religious then one might believe in humans having a 'life force' (Chinese Qi for example) which also can have 'ghost like' interpretations. However, the point is how one reacts to one's belief...what do you believe?

We can't definitively prove Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or Thor, etc, don't exist. If we keep that kind of mentality, anything is possible, but it doesn't help anyone. In fact, it just keeps us dumbed down. 

I'd rather believe in what we know to be true. Like medicines that help people, a knowledge of gravity so people know they'll die if they fall off a tall building, etc. 

People can believe whatever they want. Doesn't mean I have to respect it and doesn't mean they have a point. Either prove it or keep it as a personal belief. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

rompted a ritual exorcism on Thursday aimed at freeing trapped spirits of the deceased and shielding civil servants from further disturbances.

just when you think you have a gauge on the primitivism here, along comes another confirmation

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

We can't definitively prove Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or Thor, etc, don't exist. If we keep that kind of mentality, anything is possible, but it doesn't help anyone. In fact, it just keeps us dumbed down. 

I'd rather believe in what we know to be true. Like medicines that help people, a knowledge of gravity so people know they'll die if they fall off a tall building, etc. 

People can believe whatever they want. Doesn't mean I have to respect it and doesn't mean they have a point. Either prove it or keep it as a personal belief. 

Ha, chosen the wrong examples there I think but I won't dwell on it because I do understand what you're saying. A knowledge of Gravity? What is that I wonder. Perhaps knowledge of KE would be better!