Etihad Airways

gatekeeperdi

I am looking at booking business class seats from Heathrow to Bangkok and return with Etihad airways.

Has anybody had any experiences them,either good or bad ? I`ve got a bad back so the comfort of the seats is particularly important.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Di

i have flown with etihad airways but only econamy class and that was comfortable, regular food/drink and good services right throughout the flight, they even have internet/movies/games and tv series you can watch on flat screen tvs on the back of there seats so business class should be fantastic throughout.

After all, they are an arab emerites flight and they dont mess about.

I am looking at booking business class seats from Heathrow to Bangkok and return with Etihad airways.

Has anybody had any experiences them,either good or bad ? I`ve got a bad back so the comfort of the seats is particularly important.

Thanks

Di

Mate,

They're really bad. Don't fly Etihad.........very poor service and not safe.

Fly Emirates instead. You won't be disappointed!

Gd luck.

NP do you work for Emirates or somthing? With what evidence do you base your not safe coments on, or is it somthing you have just dreamt up? And as for the service, I have flown with them around 6 times and each time the service has been great. Much better than most airlines these days!

I would definatly recomend the OP to fly with them and from what I remember buisiness class looked great.

Jake

My friend mislaid his return ticket while in Bangkok. Filed a police report and took it to show Etihad with his passport but even though they could clearly see his name on their computer refused to issue a new ticket without receiving confirmation from HQ which they said could take several days. Their staff in Bangkok were most unhelpful. He was told that he would have to purchase a new ticket to fly back to London with them. Needless to say he flew back with another airline. Followed his experience up with a letter to their customer services but never received any reply from them. I flew with Emirates, great planes and great service, they even upgraded me on one leg of the journey.

I know a couple of people who have used them and are satisfied with their service, never business class though. Have you looked at Eva air, their evergreen class (I think) is virtually the same as business class but much cheaper.

Eva's product is called Deluxe Economy. It's much better than many airlines economy bit their true business class is well behind most airlines. I'd fly Eva's Deluxe Econ but not Buz Class.

Been with them several times (in economy) with our baby and they were great. New planes, nice staff, good service.

Always sat right at the front, looking into business class, and was green with envy. Go with them!

Thanks

Di

Mate,

They're really bad. Don't fly Etihad.........very poor service and not safe.

Fly Emirates instead. You won't be disappointed!

Gd luck.

please xplain, exactly which part of there service is poor and why are they not safe?

I flew with Etihad (economy) a few weeks ago, very impressed with the new planes and service.

My mum and stepdad flew with them before Xmas and messed up the connection times - meaning they had a 12 hour stopover (daft buggers). Etihad groundstaff got them into the 1st class lounge for free and made sure they were comfortable.

They said they were looked after very well.

Edited by spot

I've used them 6 or 7 times. Generally they're OK for the price (cheap). My bag was lost once, which is obviously not a positive, but it did turn up a few days later.

I tend to fly Eva or Qantas if its convenient. Qantas business class leagues above Etihads.

I flew home to Manchester with the family for my annual vacation over the holidays

VERY impressed with the plane and MUCH easier to transfer to the other plane as the airport in Abu Dhabi is small and easy to naviagte - even with 30 mins you can still just catch the connecting flight

I will be using them again next Christmas for sure

VERY impressed with the plane and MUCH easier to transfer to the other plane as the airport in Abu Dhabi is small and easy to naviagte - even with 30 mins you can still just catch the connecting flight

Yeah, but given more than half an hour in the place and Abu Dhabi gets very boring. Too small and nothing to do there, basically.

Hi gatekeeperdi

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1040255/L/ shows a view of the Pearl cabin on one of the 777s used AUH-BKK

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1037921 shows the Pearl cabin seat on the 777. The seat glides forward to met the foot stool whilst the back reclines to create a 180 degree flat bed. It also has a built in massage facility you can use.

For the LHT-AUH sector they seem to be using the A340 which has this look http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1164517 (looks like the same seats.

Superb airline, I flew with them LGW-AUH-BKK and back in October last and from the chauffeur pickup from home to the drop off at my door step on the return I really could not fault them. On the return sector I got 4 hours real sleep on each sector. I found the staff excellent and they make you feel special. Good food, industrial strength booze... (''Please taste it and tell me if it's OK so I can remember how strong to make it next time'' were their words)

I got a shed load of points in their FF club from the flight. I am with them again in May (but in Coral this time :o as I've not enough time to save up funds for Pearl) but the flight to BKK will bring me to Silver status so should get lounge access and upgraded baggage allowance.

Book it and enjoy it!!! I most certainly did!!! :D

I have nothing but praise for Etihad. After watching Australia get cheated by Italy in the world cup I went straight to Frankfurt airport still in my Socceroos jersey to head back to Bangkok. The check in staff were very sympathetic and allocated me 3 seats to myself. :o

Just booked a return flight today on Kuwait Air. BKK to Heathrow 30,000 baht. Have used the before and great service.

Good price. However older fleet. Not forgeting of course no :D:D It is a dry airline. Just incase you like a glass of wine with your meal! :o

Just booked a return flight today on Kuwait Air. BKK to Heathrow 30,000 baht. Have used the before and great service.

Good price. However older fleet. Not forgeting of course no :D:D It is a dry airline. Just incase you like a glass of wine with your meal! :o

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest actually.

Although I know you weren't directing that at me I'd still be interested to know what everyone else thinks: is it a major factor influencing your airline choice, whether you can drink alcohol on board or not?

yes Abu dhabi is well construted for navagation, although the airport roofing looks like something out of star-trek, its not bad

:o Lol! Agreed!

The only reason I would recommend Emirates over Etihad is 'cos you get to stop off in Dubai airport rather than Abu Dhabi which is miniscule. I flew with Etihad before and had a terrible stomach bug, I kept puking all the flight and they were really nice to me, service was good, food on par with Emirates, typical airplane grub but edible.

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest actually.

Although I know you weren't directing that at me I'd still be interested to know what everyone else thinks: is it a major factor influencing your airline choice, whether you can drink alcohol on board or not?

Not directed at you at all unless you have a guilty conscience!!! :D Firstly I work in the Middle East and most of my flights are dry. The main point was the older aircraft, going through Kuwait as opposed to UAE. As for the "dry" reasoning thats stems from liking having "freedom of choice". Not being told what I can do and cannot do when on holiday.

Furthermore looking at my link to the airline survey will indicate which airlines are favoured among travellers selecting Middle East carriers. We are all different, and how we select airlines is up to the individual. For me the cost is not the overiding factor although it does play a role. :D

Edited by maprao