90 day report in different province

I have a friend coming down from Udon Thani to Pattaya. His 90 day report is due while he is in Pattaya. Is he allowed to do his report at Jomtien or does it have to be done in Udon Thani ?

Edited by nakotic

1) Either he uses the grace period (15 days before due date, 7 days after due date, due date incl. in the count) for report in person.

2) Or he does it by postal mail before leaving for Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

1) Either he uses the grace period (15 days before due date, 7 days after due date, due date incl. in the count) for report in person.

2) Or he does it by postal mail before leaving for Pattaya.

Yeah he said he'll do it before he comes down now he knows.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

This may sound silly, but do the post marks have to be in his home province/city? 

I mean if his home is Udon Thani, but he is going to be in Pattaya when his report is due, can he mail the report to Udont from Pattaya?   Or does mail by post only acceptable if mailed from within the home province?

19 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I mean if his home is Udon Thani, but he is going to be in Pattaya when his report is due, can he mail the report to Udont from Pattaya?   Or does mail by post only acceptable if mailed from within the home province?

I don’t think there’s a rule that says you must mail the report from within the home province, and I doubt they take much notice of the postmark. However, it would be important to enclose a return envelope with home address. 

• Like 1

Just now, grego49 said:

As far as i khow you can do your 90 day report in any IO office,live and registered in Kanchanaburi done one of mine in Khon Kaen last year.

The rules state it has to be done where you applied for your extension. There may be a few offices that will do it but I would not plan on being able to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

I did it in Pattaya despite living in CM. 

How recently?

Did the officer use the barcode on your previous report or did you  start from scratch by filling out the TM.47 and write a local address on the form? 

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Wrong

The rule is that you should report where your extension was granted. The fact that some people may have managed to do it in another province at a different immigration office doesn't mean that everyone can plan on doing that. In general you won't be allowed to do it at another immigration office.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Government website says you can report at "any immigration office"   !!!!!!    However it seems some immigration offices either don't know that or don't follow it as I tried to mine from Chaing Rai and was told to do it where I first applied for residence visa.

Since then , if away from home in another province , I do it by registered mail - full info on the government website .   Doing by email / online ? not tried this yet as have heard conflicting reports . 

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

How recently?

Did the officer use the barcode on your previous report or did you  start from scratch by filling out the TM.47 and write a local address on the form? 

The rule is that you should report where your extension was granted. The fact that some people may have managed to do it in another province at a different immigration office doesn't mean that everyone can plan on doing that. In general you won't be allowed to do it at another immigration office.

'The rule is' .... We are in Thailand.

In answering your question it was three months ago, and yes i supplied the business card of the hotel with the paperwork TM47.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

In answering your question it was three months ago, and yes i supplied the business card of the hotel with the paperwork TM47.

Assuming you went back to your home area in CM and went to your usual immigration office for the next 90 day report, did they simply accept your Jomtien report? Did they look for a change of address report?

Yes, I agree that different people can have different experiences at different, or even the same, immigration office, but if someone asks if they can do their 90 day report in another province as the O/P did, the answer is that it is not permitted without playing "musical addresses."  The odds are that they wouldn't be able to do it without a change of address report, if then.

It's a safer option for anyone to assume they need to do the 90 day report at their own office either in person or using the mail or Internet options if those are available to them.

Edited by Suradit69

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Government website says you can report at "any immigration office"   !!!!!!   

Do you have a link? It's possible, even probable, that website information is out of date, assuming that it is really a government website and not one trying to appear to be "official."

4 hours ago, gintis0604 said:

Is this new? 

I made a report in Udon weil living in Pty 8 years ago. 

New for over 3 years.

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Which government website. Can you provide a link?

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

However it seems some immigration offices either don't know that or don't follow it as I tried to mine from Chaing Rai and was told to do it where I first applied for residence visa.

Offices were ordered not to accept out of area reports a couple of years ago.

You can report anywhere, but only if using an address within the catchment area of the office you’re reporting at.

3 hours ago, Jen65 said:

This is from an immigration FAQ's page,

6. Question :  Where is the place to make 90 days notification?

Answer :  In case of notifying in person or by agent, it must be made at the Provincial Immigration office located in the same area of the alien’s residence.

• 2 weeks later...

so next time I am at our "other" home in Chaing Rai I will use that address ???    I never did get any reply from Bangkok Immigration department inspite of forwarding all the documents there by registered mail - waste of time !    Chonburi Immigration says I must do 90 day report at the same place I obtained my residence visa !    Unbelievable that one must drive all the 1000 km back to Jomtien just to a 90 day report and then drive the 1000km back again !!!     

1 hour ago, Jen65 said:

Chonburi Immigration says I must do 90 day report at the same place I obtained my residence visa !    Unbelievable that one must drive all the 1000 km back to Jomtien just to a 90 day report and then drive the 1000km back again !!!

90-Day registrations can be done at the same office you obtained your current extension:

1. in person, you walk it in; place receipt in passport
  2. 3rd person who can present your passport on your behalf; place receipt in passport
  3. mail (you keep passport but send copies of documents along with self-addressed envelope to return the receipt to your in-Provence place of residence; place receipt in passport
  4. online registration, if accepted, print and place receipt in passport

5. optionally, acquire a re-entry permit, do a border out-in and reset the 90-day clock; put the new paperwork in your passport

13 hours ago, Jen65 said:

I never did get any reply from Bangkok Immigration department inspite of forwarding all the documents there by registered mail - waste of time !   

You have to mail them to Chonburi immigration in Jomtien since that is where you applied for your extension of stay. That is why you got nothing from Bangkok immigration.