Any one still using a Windows mobile phone

I know that in October last year Microsoft said that they will not be building any more Windows mobile phones , but they did say this …........Of course we’ll continue to support the platform.. bug fixes, security updates, etc .

In the past I did have a Nokia Lumia 925 and sadly I broke it . It was an amazing phone . I then bought my self an Android mobile phone , but I do miss my Windows phone :smile:

I'm just wondering if any one here is still using a Windows mobile phone and if you are , why do you like it so much ? or are you planning to jump ship to Android or iOS 

I have a 6 years old Nokia Windows 720 and I love it for ease of use.  Android is too complicated and it looks like that if you install an antivirus on an Android phone, it received more advertisement and unsolicited offers..  The battery has a long life and it updates automatically.  As you say, it is now not available in the market.

• Thanks 1

Still using a Nokia 630 dual sim. Probably will replace it with an Android phone when it (finally) breaks down. Mightily tempted by one of these retro Nokia phones, especially the banana phone that was recently announced.

• Confused 1

I had a (Nokia) Windows phone before which needed replacing and I was going for a Android when I saw a dual SIM Windows Lumia 650 at a VERY reasonable price. The camera seems to be still the excellent Nokia type. Not so many apps for this phone but I don't care - I've got a PC and I carry an Ipad in my pack usually - who cares? As another article says, I'm not going to be head down walking or God-forbid cycling (which I see all the tine) staring at my phone.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

I had a (Nokia) Windows phone before which needed replacing and I was going for a Android when I saw a dual SIM Windows Lumia 650 at a VERY reasonable price. The camera seems to be still the excellent Nokia type. Not so many apps for this phone but I don't care - I've got a PC and I carry an Ipad in my pack usually - who cares? As another article says, I'm not going to be head down walking or God-forbid cycling (which I see all the tine) staring at my phone.

I remember seeing the Lumia 650 ( dual SIM version ) for sale in a JayMart shop when it first came on the Thai market for sale and after playing with it in the shop I thought just how slim ,  light and nice it was .

I have been looking for this model in Thailand ever since but never ever again seen it for sale . :sad:

I would be interested in hearing where you purchased your Lumia 650 from . :thumbsup:

I also still using a Microsoft 950XL Dual Sim.

Actually I am still very happy with it and hoping that Microsoft will show their new path even when they tell it will not be a mobile more something like a tablet with mobile functions.
If there is nothing coming soon, I think have to change to Android with the "Launcher 10" so it looks at least like windows 10 main screen which I really love.

Edited by HampiK
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HampiK said:

I also still using a Microsoft 950XL Dual Sim.

Actually I am still very happy with it and hoping that Microsoft will show their new path even when they tell it will not be a mobile more something like a tablet with mobile functions.
If there is nothing coming soon, I think have to change to Android with the "Launcher 10" so it looks at least like windows 10 main screen which I really love.

the 950XL is a bit on the large side for me , but still a nice phone .

I'm looking for the Lumia 650 ( dual Sim ) but can't find it any where for sale in Thailand  .

On 3/14/2018 at 2:20 PM, Once Bitten said:

I remember seeing the Lumia 650 ( dual SIM version ) for sale in a JayMart shop when it first came on the Thai market for sale and after playing with it in the shop I thought just how slim ,  light and nice it was .

I have been looking for this model in Thailand ever since but never ever again seen it for sale . :sad:

I would be interested in hearing where you purchased your Lumia 650 from . :thumbsup:

Got it I need Switzerland a couple of years ago about 3-4000 baht - I don't know if this was a special offer or even if it is still available

On 15/03/2018 at 4:29 AM, Once Bitten said:

the 950XL is a bit on the large side for me , but still a nice phone .

I'm looking for the Lumia 650 ( dual Sim ) but can't find it any where for sale in Thailand  .

If you are really keen, I can source one from the UK for you.