Stopped By Police In Thailand? What You Should Do.

webfact

2 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

You and your friends must be Nobel prices. Just wait for an expensive accident and understand that insurance won't cover you if you are living here and drive with a BS international license.

Well seeing how you know all. Hate to say it but you are wrong yet again. Mate from the uk lived in los for approximately 10 years uses international licence, has had 2 accidents one his fault insurance sorted the lot??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Just wait for an expensive accident and understand that insurance won't cover you if you are living here and drive with a BS international license.

Not necessarily  true, In most cases the car is covered not the driver. However, some people save money and insure the driver not the car.

I had an accident in Thailand when I borrowed my friend car. I had an accident, nobody asked to see my license not the police nor the insurance company.  Insurance paid everything.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, maccastime said:

Well seeing how you know all. Hate to say it but you are wrong yet again. Mate from the uk lived in los for approximately 10 years uses international licence, has had 2 accidents one his fault insurance sorted the lot??

I am sure that it's wrong but nobel prices anyway to not even be able to have a Thai license.

I guess that your other account is Tropo ?

The Thai police flagged us down and came right up to the driver’s window and started talking to the wives sitting in the back seats of a large rental van. The five children were playing and being noisy in the middle. Our families were on a Christmas break touring northern Thailand.

After a loud discussion, the driver handed over his Thai driving license and was told he had to go pay for a traffic violation. The police officer pointed to a building down the street. The driver and I as the navigator both deserved the ticket. We had decided to turn left even though there was a big red and white sign on a pole as a reminder not to. The plan had been to go around the block instead of making a U-turn.

As the driver looked for a parking space, I along with the wives got out and headed to some government building. The line was short and soon we were standing in front of a long table. The official picked up our paperwork along with my friend’s ID. He first looked at the license and then he looked at me. He asked the wives if I was this person. Almost in unison, they replied yes. I signed my name and paid the B300 fine.  

Their house, their rules…

chris police.jpg

On 3/14/2018 at 1:42 AM, jak2002003 said:

Just pay them what they demand and don't make any fuss.  Accept the false accusations and reasons for your fine and get on with your day.  

And never ever complain about police corruption. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Where can I confirm this information you published is correct ?

"The primary duty of the police is to protect people and property and to enforce laws. When a crime occurs, they have to investigate the crime to ensure justice by catching criminals."

5 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

Where can I confirm this information you published is correct ?

"The primary duty of the police is to protect people and property and to enforce laws. When a crime occurs, they have to investigate the crime to ensure justice by catching criminals."

And what please is the link to your quote?

I doubt it is Thailand based but if so it's not practiced in reality.