Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

jenny2017

I've just done some service by using Advanced System Care 11 Ult. and found an interesting service tool from Microsoft. I let it run and it took about 15 to 20 minutes to complete.

I've got the feeling that the PC is faster now. 

To use the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM)

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator> Yes.
  2. At the command prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space between "dism.exe" and "/" and each switch (/)).
  3. If DISM finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and see that improves performance.

To run System File Checker (SFC)

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.
  2. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and the "/").
    Scanning will take a few minutes.
  3. Do one of the following, depending on the results of the scan:
    • If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and see if that improves your PC’s performance.
    • If SFC doesn’t find corrupted files or finds corrupted files but can’t replace them, try using the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM).
    •  

Website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

CommProm.png

sfc scannow.png