Drink driving - treat it as seriously as human trafficking, PM urged

webfact

Just now, Oziex1 said:

Huh??

It did all those things, did it also cause the 9/11 attacks, the Balkans conflict and the Rwandan genocide?

No. Please don't be silly.  It indirectly led to a massive and sustained rise in violent street crime.  Read the stats yourself. 

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions. 

1 minute ago, The manic said:

No. Please don't be silly.  It indirectly led to a massive and sustained rise in violent street crime.  Read the stats yourself. 

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions. 

I'm surprised that it had such an effect on behaviour, I am for legislation and enforcement if it reduces needless loss of life on the roads.

The rights of intoxicated drivers comes a distant second to the rights of the innocent to make it home safely free from road trauma caused by the selfishness, carelessness and stupidity of drunks behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, meinphuket said:

Is it me, or do others agree there seems to be no logical link whatsoever between drunk driving and human trafficking ...? 

I agree but i reckon he just asks for another crackdown like they did on human trafficking. And he's right that it's about time to really seriously do something about the dangerous roads and drunk drivers..

Only during newyear the police is doing something against drunk driving, they sit in tents all night long playing on computers or watching tv...they won't go stop vehicles and demand an alcoholtest of course.

And most locals know exactly where those tents are placed and what time the policemen go home so they sure won't come near them when drunk.

The ONLY police i have seen on patrol and writing fines to offenders is the highwaypolice..they also sometimes operate on main roads in BKK  but we need many more of them.

The normal police..oh well, today i saw one driving motocy without a helmet on a main road..

I'm also disappointed in the big general, why doesn't he really stop the drunk driving himself? Why is he waiting for other people to tell him to do it?

It's a very poor quality, immature leader, that compares drink driving with trafficking of underage kids for sex!....

He's a moron and a complete shame for the country!!

Edited by ChrisY1

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Huh??

It did all those things, did it also cause the 9/11 attacks, the Balkans conflict and the Rwandan genocide?

You did street assaults,  rape and murder?

Give the booze away mate. 

Edited by tryasimight

Drink driving - treat it as seriously as human trafficking, PM urged 

No no no, driving - treat it as seriously as human trafficking...

That's more like it...drive and don't give a hoot about others, they are dirt under your feet.

There is always going to be the augment that whatever the Thai authorities change with regards to the punishment for drink driving (or any other motoring misdemeanor for that matter) nothing will ever change.  

For a long time now I, like many have felt the fines for these offences are to put it mildly a bit on the low side. It is my opinion that it you really want to reduce the number of drink drivers then these fines have to fit the crime and be significantly higher than they currently are. I'm talking a minimum of 200,000 baht per offence and if you can't pay it then assets like your vehicle should be sold off to meet the costs. At the end of the day there are no decent people that drink and drive, only total scumbags and these people should have no place in any civilized society.  

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:44 AM, stanleycoin said:

How predictable  :coffee1:

I never said i disliked tough drunk drive punishment.

My point is,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  oh well,   wasted on those who can't  see  the smoke and mirror tricks of Thailand trying to save face,  by not telling the truth about the driving and riding habits of there citizens.

Good day

Yes the truth is there are huge cultural problems on the roads which will take generations to fix. A part of the overall problem is drink driving.

The government and police don't know how to fix any of these problems anyway. 

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, The manic said:

In the UK the drink driving laws ultimately led to a massive increase in street violence,  muggings, sexual assault, rape and murder.  It also lead to the closure of thousands of small businesses.  Plus we lost a, fundemntal right under common law no to be forced to self incriminate. Oh BTW the people who passed the laws have chauffeurs and four 24 bars the HoP! 

Are you saying that there is no point having strict drink driving laws then? I don't see any enforcement in UK anyway. In 20 years driving there I have never been breathalised.