TM30...apartment not registering...what

So I asked in the office of my serviced apartment in BKK if they sent details of foreign stayers to immigration to register foreigners but they said no. I asked what they did and they pointed to a load of paper files so they just copy passport and file it away and apparently dont inform anyone at all. Seems strange because this is otherwise quite a good place, not cheap, very central and has mostly Japanese staying.

This is going to be a problem as if no TM30 then extension of non imm O visa for retirement will be rejected, as I understand a receipt of TM30 is required.

So what is the best option? Can I register myself online? Can the 90 day online reporting website double up as a way of generating the same TM30 receipt or is that different?

Any info from anyone who has been in a similar situation?

Thanks

I don't know about retirement extension but on my Non O marriage extension i've never submitted a TM30... once TM7 form was submitted they stapled a note in my passport saying notification of residence has been submitted via TM7 along with 90 day report date.

26 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

This is going to be a problem as if no TM30 then extension of non imm O visa for retirement will be rejected, as I understand a receipt of TM30 is required.

It’s not a problem in Bangkok as the immigration office in Chaengwattana don’t require a TM.30.

It always amazes me when people KNOW what IS required to stay in Th, but do not do it.

Error on the safe side, take a copy of your lease(?) and or rent receipt to immigration and file a TM-30 as the POSSESSOR in the apartment/room/condo/etc.

ALSO. Do you need to file a CHANGE OF ADDRESS? ←different form than a TM-30

WHY take a chance, if you get a IO that is a paper work wiz, you could find yourself in trouble.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

My condo management does not want to know about TM30. Chiangmai immigration insists you have one and will issue one for you. You must remember to renew it on return if you leave the country. Otherwise they fine you ? 1600 baht next time you visit immigration.

Just now, ZL1DD said:

My condo management does not want to know about TM30. Chiangmai immigration insists you have one and will issue one for you. You must remember to renew it on return if you leave the country. Otherwise they fine you ? 1600 baht next time you visit immigration.

The responsibility for the TM30 is a very grey area. Chiang Mai Immigration sticks to the rules dictated by Bangkok, while Bangkok ignores the same rules. TIT.

• Like 1

Jomtien demands TM30. Not sure how to advise as some say you can do it as "posseser" even if you are a renter, not an owner. But if that were true why would anyone need to involve their landlord? My landlord (in Australia) gave up trying to get a clear answer, and gave power of attorney to a friend in Chiang Mai to fly down to be sure to comply in Jomtien. Still don't know if that trip will be required every time I have an overnight foreign guest or I return from a stay in a Bangkok hotel for a night.

Edited by Mac98
Add clarification.

48 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Jomtien demands TM30. Not sure how to advise as some say you can do it as "posseser" even if you are a renter, not an owner. But if that were true why would anyone need to involve their landlord? My landlord (in Australia) gave up trying to get a clear answer, and gave power of attorney to a friend in Chiang Mai to fly down to be sure to comply in Jomtien. Still don't know if that trip will be required every time I have an overnight foreign guest or I return from a stay in a Bangkok hotel for a night.

Jomtien immigration :  ...3 retirement extensions , all my 90 days reports and 2 week ago my new passport stamps transferring ....never asked me  about TM30 , ..no slip in my passport , they have already 5 years my address , received several adress certificates for DL. ...... so i do not know why some need to do, and others not .....(and yes i go in person no agents handling ...)

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

Jomtien immigration :  ...3 retirement extensions , all my 90 days reports and 2 week ago my new passport stamps transferring ....never asked me  about TM30 , ..no slip in my passport , they have already 5 years my address , received several adress certificates for DL. ...... so i do not know why some need to and others not .....(and yes i go in person no agents handling ...)

The retirement desk do not hassle applicants for these things like some other desks.   Every office can make up it's own rules, and every desk in every office can also make up it's own different rules, to the extent the office-boss is happy. 

The retirement-desk in Jomtien processes thousands of agent-submitted extensions from all over the country, so one can only imagine the volume of agent-supplied brown-envelope money.  Given this, it is not surprising those IOs are happy go-lucky / care-free, and get no push-back from anyone above them, who no doubt get a cut of the proceeds.  They don't need to make things difficult for applicants,  - try to drive them to agents or nickel/dime them for tm-30 "fines" - because they are already generating huge payouts for the office.

12 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The retirement desk do not hassle applicants for these things like some other desks.   Every office can make up it's own rules, and every desk in every office can also make up it's own different rules, to the extent the office-boss is happy. 

The retirement-desk in Jomtien processes thousands of agent-submitted extensions from all over the country, so one can only imagine the volume of agent-supplied brown-envelope money.  Given this, it is not surprising those IOs are happy go-lucky / care-free, and get no push-back from anyone above them, who no doubt get a cut of the proceeds.  They don't need to make things difficult for applicants,  - try to drive them to agents or nickel/dime them for tm-30 "fines" - because they are already generating huge payouts for the office.

Good to hear that i only have to deal with the happy immigration ones from Ret Ext. .....but are the 90 day reporting desk than also happy ones ...? or the ones who deliver the address certificates ..? or even the one on the reception desk uniformed I.O one who stamp my  proof of life letter every year ..? 

Very good to hear almost the WHOLE of Jomtien 5 is a happy crew ....(LOL)  :smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Error on the safe side, take a copy of your lease(?) and or rent receipt to immigration and file a TM-30 as the POSSESSOR in the apartment/room/condo/etc.

I tried this in central Thailand and they would only accept it from the owner in person.

P.s they want the tabien barn and owner's id card.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

Good to hear that i only have to deal with the happy immigration ones from Ret Ext. .....but are the 90 day reporting desk than also happy ones ...? or the ones who deliver the address certificates ..? or even the one on the reception desk uniformed I.O one who stamp my  proof of life letter every year ..? 

Very good to hear almost the WHOLE of Jomtien 5 is a happy crew ....(LOL)  :smile:

The Tourist desk is also friendly (my experience for years, prior to getting married to a Thai), but best to avoid Family and Conversions there, if possible. 

Consider the agent "offers" for "no money" extensions are out in the open - advertised - yet no crackdown.  Who must be on the take for that to be possible?  To "interfere" in any way could be a career-destroying choice - for others in that office, IOs elsewhere, etc.  No one wants to step in the way of that fast-moving freight-train. 

At other offices, IOs have been reported to fine for missing TM-30s for retirees, etc.

3 hours ago, edwardflory said:

It always amazes me when people KNOW what IS required to stay in Th, but do not do it.

ALSO. Do you need to file a CHANGE OF ADDRESS? ←different form than a TM-30

WHY take a chance, if you get a IO that is a paper work wiz, you could find yourself in trouble.

ed, im wondering now what to do if im in a serviced apartment/hotel and they dont register me, but i have no actual lease.

38 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

ed, im wondering now what to do if im in a serviced apartment/hotel and they dont register me, but i have no actual lease.

It's easy- just get a copy of the rental agreement, the owner of the ENTIRE hotel (if it's a chain even better) id card, the chanote of the room, and the tabien baan.  Owners of large condos/hotels are eager to oblige renters of a single room.  /sarcasm

I had alot of trouble with this and never got resolution in Jomtien, I moved to another province and had no troubles.  I was dealing with a marriage extension so they were looking to cause more problems apparently.  She told me if I was married I should own the condo, not rent.  

I wish logic were applied and it was completely the responsibility of the condo owner, but TIT.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uncleeagle said:

You have not said what location you are staying.

If it is Bangkok then TV posts seem to agree that you do not need to bother.

Same in my experience.

Other places are different. I have two apartments I rent out in Jomtien

I have given the tenants a completed power of attorney form as attached with copy of ID and Tabien Baan.

I got this from one of the Real Estate web pages.

However Jomtien Immigration do not want it when tenants have gone to notify.

They want the TM30 but accept the notification directly from the tenants.

From what I read on TV, all IOs arent the same. Just my experience to note.

Power-of-Attorney-Form for TM30.doc

13 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I tried this in central Thailand and they would only accept it from the owner in person.

P.s they want the tabien barn and owner's id card.

And if the owner lives in Moscow?

14 hours ago, tlock said:

It's easy- just get a copy of the rental agreement, the owner of the ENTIRE hotel (if it's a chain even better) id card, the chanote of the room, and the tabien baan.  Owners of large condos/hotels are eager to oblige renters of a single room.  /sarcasm

I had alot of trouble with this and never got resolution in Jomtien, I moved to another province and had no troubles.  I was dealing with a marriage extension so they were looking to cause more problems apparently.  She told me if I was married I should own the condo, not rent.  

I had the same problem in Jomtien, but no trouble with the TM-30 folks - only the "family desk" personnel.  My TM-30 was up-to-date and correct when denied my extension for lack of sufficient "condo owner docs." 

After the first run-around, I managed to get the docs, but the staff became unfriendly to my wife (evidently, angry I still hadn't arranged an agent money payoff) and we were told told the condo-owner needed to fly back to Thailand and go stand in line at an Amphur for a new/fresh housebook copy (because that was going to happen) - so, basically, "Pay an agent to pay me off, or ..." (reader can fill in the blank).

Like you, we moved to another area and so far, we have only encountered helpful and friendly IOs in our new office.  I won't say where, lest the farang-hater IO-cabal should "crack down" on them for not being rude and corrupt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I had the same problem in Jomtien, but no trouble with the TM-30 folks - only the "family desk" personnel.  My TM-30 was up-to-date and correct when denied my extension for lack of sufficient "condo owner docs." 

After the first run-around, I managed to get the docs, but the staff became unfriendly to my wife (evidently, angry I still hadn't arranged an agent money payoff) and we were told told the condo-owner needed to fly back to Thailand and go stand in line at an Amphur for a new/fresh housebook copy (because that was going to happen) - so, basically, "Pay an agent to pay me off, or ..." (reader can fill in the blank).

Like you, we moved to another area and so far, we have only encountered helpful and friendly IOs in our new office.  I won't say where, lest the farang-hater IO-cabal should "crack down" on them for not being rude and corrupt.

Same experience.  Yeah I guess my issue was with the 2 female marriage extension officers, not the TM-30 per se.  They also became incredibly rude to us.  She refused to address me in English, insisting on talking to my petrified wife in a very loud angry tone so the entire office could hear.  I was willing to pay an agent whatever they wanted, but the ones I talked to said they couldn't guarantee anything, and they wanted 20k.

• Like 1