What is the required legal width you need to make a road, so you can develop land

Have done a lot of research, but unable to find out what the current law is?

my understanding, was that until recently, a rough track needed to be made 6 meteres wide, to allow you to then build  a development away from the closest tarmaced government road.house ( Ie: to allow you to build a small housing development on farm land) 

However i have been told that this requirement ( not sure which authority requires it) has been changed to 8 meteres?

Clarification appreciated.

note: we have business man that has made a 8 metre wide shingle road past one of our borders, to access a resort that he wanted to sell.He has now sold the resort and dissappeared, 

This privately funded road, has encroached on our land, and we will get land office to restore the chanote marker. I would expect once this happens. that the road is then reduced in width ( as we take back our land).

In this situation, the resort which the developer sold, will it still be able to operate legally, if the access road is now below the legal(?) limit?

thoughts appreciated

for us the key issue is this untarmaced road gives us big problem. Its built of stone/ thai shingle and will cause our land to serious flood, and definitely will cause major soil erosion 

Is this in a rural area or a densly populated environment? (most important).
- There is not much use looking for binding legislation covering Thailand "as a whole" concerning such matters. In rural Thailand those things are subject to "local-legislation". Likely to differ from Amphoe to Amphoe.
Before developping a small housing project, I would try to develop a good relationship with neighbors including the Village-Chief and take your clues from what they have to say concerning the width of roads and your plans. Best way to collect information would be to invite neighbors and Village-Chief for a Bar-B-Que and present your plans to the congregation.
- I have lived in a high-density-resort area in Thailand. (115 resorts within a radius of 50 Km's). Half of those "posh"-resorts were only accessible by 2 1/2 meter dirt roads. But certainly none of them featured a 8 meter wide "access-road".
Regardless what you come up with, the most important thing to remember is: "Legal-Certainty", as we know it from back home is not assured in Thailand.
Favored Thai proverb in rural Thailand: In Bangkok they make the law. Fortunately Bangkok is far away.
Cheers.
PS: On this Forum you go by the handle of "Danger-Man". I recommend you not use this handle when it comes to negociate with local authorities.    

• Like 2

It varies from Amphur to Amphur (and probably by the size of the brown envelope but be wary of a change in local government officials). In Pong for more than 4 houses it is 8 metres and for less than 3 houses 6 metres. It's not clear what width is required for 4 houses! However the height of houses also comes into play. There is a formula that comes into play which requires houses of 4 or more stories to be on wider roads or to be set back from the road.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

It varies from Amphur to Amphur (and probably by the size of the brown envelope but be wary of a change in local government officials). In Pong for more than 4 houses it is 8 metres and for less than 3 houses 6 metres. It's not clear what width is required for 4 houses! However the height of houses also comes into play. There is a formula that comes into play which requires houses of 4 or more stories to be on wider roads or to be set back from the road.

Has to do with the fire trucks

• Like 1