Would my PC work well by using these spare parts?

jenny2017

I've just had a look at my parts outside the house and want to get a PC running on W 10 Pro.

I found a great case, a good motherboard with the newer Data connectors for HD, DVD drive, etc, a converter that seems to work, but still with the old huge cable connector to the motherboard, I've got plenty of DDR II memory cards, with two slots and what I've got I think I could pop it up to 4 GB DDR Ram.

My old monitor a Siemens only shows a little scratch on the inside, could be dying soon, but i want to give it a try.

An older CD drive just to have one, but here's the problem, I only have a Pentium 4 CPU. I'm planning to give the thingy once accomplished ( if so) to a very needy school in wife's village. I can't buy new parts and need to deal with what I've got.

Software: W 10 Pro genuine, MS office 2016 Pro,and  I might download the Thai version, or install both versions), Kaspersky Internet 2018, plus various learning programs, Rosetta Stone and some other very good language learning programs.

Would Pentium 4 with 4 GB of DDR II memory work with my hardware? Thanks  a lot in advance, I'll wait for some replies before I put all bytes and pieces together.

P.S. Should anybody do something similar to help poor schools in villages, I have various programs that i paid for,but I would give it to you for free, including Rosetta Stone with 32 languages, mathlab, a program where you can produce worksheets in a minute, plenty of good books as PDF files, programs to change PDF files to MS Word and some more.

P.S. Not knowing if I'll have 3, or 4 GB off DDR II memory, I'll of course use the 32 bit version of W 10 pro. 

Edited by jenny2017

47 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Would Pentium 4 with 4 GB of DDR II memory work with my hardware?

Confused question. I assume you mean, are my Pentium 4 and my 4 GB DDR II compatible with this motherboard. Who knows? What Pentium is it (socket?)? What motherboard is it exactly? What "converter?" What "huge cable connector to the motherboard?" You mean the ATX power connector?--how many pins? Power supply to match? HD (SATA?)?

What will the school do with it? Suggest loading it w/ Linux (Elementary comes to mind), Chrome, and LibreOffice if that'll do.

Edited by JSixpack

54 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Confused question. I assume you mean, are my Pentium 4 and my 4 GB DDR II compatible with this motherboard. Who knows? What Pentium is it (socket?)? What motherboard is it exactly? What "converter?" What "huge cable connector to the motherboard?" You mean the ATX power connector?--how many pins? Power supply to match? HD (SATA?)?

What will the school do with it? Suggest loading it w/ Linux (Elementary comes to mind), Chrome, and LibreOffice if that'll do.

The Motherboard is a Biostar MCP6P motherboard M2 + vers. 3.6  ( please see), but all sockets for VGA, memory, etc.. are red. Any idea what the difference in color means?

From a Biostar website: 

• Supports AMD Phenom II/Phenom/Athlon 64 X2/64/FX/Sempron Processors

All I've got is a Pentium 4 processor, Intel Pentium 4- 2.40 GHZ512/533/1.525 V SL6EF. Where do I find if this processor would be compatible?

That's enough to find out for now. Sorry for the first post.

I'll put all programs on before I give it to the school, and of course after it passed some serious tests . 

Biostar MCP6P M2+ 1.JPG

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

From a Biostar website: 

• Supports AMD Phenom II/Phenom/Athlon 64 X2/64/FX/Sempron Processors

All I've got is a Pentium 4 processor, Intel Where do I find if this processor would be compatible?

It's totally *not* compatible. AMD motherboards gotta have AMD CPUs and same w/ Intel mutatis mutandis.

No need to think about this further until you either come up w/ an Intel motherboard for your Pentium 4 (socket 478) or an AMD Phenom II/Phenom/Athlon 64 X2/64/FX/Sempron. An Athlon ll x4 830 or a Phenom II x4 945 (if BIOS update will enable over an X2) would be sweet. Forget something like an FX-4100, needs DDR3. But Biostar don't get much love (maybe that's why it was "outside of the house" in the yard)--you have the chance to buy more respected brand of motherboard for the Pentium

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

It's totally *not* compatible. AMD motherboards gotta have AMD CPUs and same w/ Intel mutatis mutandis.

No need to think about this further until you either come up w/ an Intel motherboard for your Pentium 4 (socket 478) or an AMD Phenom II/Phenom/Athlon 64 X2/64/FX/Sempron. An Athlon ll x4 830 or a Phenom II x4 945 (if BIOS update will enable over an X2) would be sweet. Forget something like an FX-4100, needs DDR3. But Biostar don't get much love (maybe that's why it was "outside of the house" in the yard)--you have the chance to buy more respected brand of motherboard for the Pentium

Thank you very much, it would have been too easy, methinks. Have a great week. :post-4641-1156694083: