Programs For Auto File Back Up

Smithson

I'm looking for a program that backup my files automatically. 'Raid' has been recommended to me, but I was told I would need to have 2 hard drives that are exactly the same brand and capacity, which doesn't suit me.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We using ArcServ 6 for NetWare and ArcServ 11 for windows.

But this is professional software which has a (not cheap) price!

This software is running on oiur servers fully automatic with incremental backup every 2 hour and full backup on every weekend.

How much data are you backing up?

An external USB hard drive is a good solution. No need to buy expensive software, just tell Windows Backup to backup to the external drive everyday at 3am or whenever you aren't using the system.

You should have USB 2.0 for this to work fast enough. Most computers built in the last few years do have it.

An external USB hard drive is a good solution. No need to buy expensive software, just tell Windows Backup to backup to the external drive everyday at 3am or whenever you aren't using the system.

You should have USB 2.0 for this to work fast enough. Most computers built in the last few years do have it.

This sounds perfect, I'm planning on getting an external harddrive, would this be suitable?

This sounds perfect, I'm planning on getting an external harddrive, would this be suitable?

Perfect :o

I recently bought a 120GB WD (brandname) hardrive which runs off the USB port (sadly I have only the older USB speed but that's beside the point.

The WD harddrive comes replete with a built in program (easy to use) that you can set to back up your files at regular or self regulated times.

Kayo's External Hard drive

Personally I use it as my daily "active" hard drive, running all my documents, music, etc from the drive (and back up to an older, larger ext HDD) but the sync/backup features are very good on there and it's a solid little piece of hardware I use when travelling etc...

Edited by kayo

Try this link. I bought the software through this link and use it througout my office. Works great! Be sure to exercise the free 30 day tryout option. The license is for up to 5 machines and what I did not use I gave to friends. That comes to $6 a computer. A very good deal allowing for various type of backups scenarios that run automatically whenever you schedule them for. Edited by mouse

Mouse, none of the others here are putting affiliate links in posts we use to help people, why is it that when you do, its something you're making a $$$ on?

Actually I am making nothing on that link, but a registered charity called the "Argentina Brunetti Foundation" run by a dear friend of mine is. Take a look here! Be sure to look at the bottom on the main page where it shows his registration information etc. also to be found here And to make the matter clear for you and any other person that may be interested. Such an affiiliate link does not cost the eventual purchaser any more than the normal product price. With such a link as in this case, only a donation of XX does not go back to the Charitable Foundation that was set up to help children worldwide.

And since we are helping people I thought that I would kill two birds with one stone. However, if you want to paint that as something evil, then so be it.

Feel free to PM me on the matter if there is really a problem here.

Sorry to lash out, but, I am tired of always being critized for SPAM and other things when I do not partake in such actions, condone them or act in an improper manner toward any forum members or visitor. There now I feel better!