Food and Exchange Rate Update

Just a short share for a good exchange rate at Swampy that gave a better rate then SuperRich.

Located on the B level basement (airport Express Link Station Stop) the Value Plus+ booth offered the best rate I could find. It was even better then any exchange rate offered in either Bangkok City or Hua Hin. There is also a bank just around with blue walls (in front of the SuperRich booth), that is useful to get 100 THB notes (it avoids the taxi ripp off pretending not to have change). Often the exchange booths  hand out very few 100 THB notes and only give out the 1000 THB notes.

Maybe it was a special day or whatever, and it definately is always good to compare, but on the whole, at the B level, the exchange rates were far much better then the ripoff rates on the other levels of the airport.

The Thai Street food court at the level where the taxis pick up is real cheap, and the food stalls sell around 60 to 90 THB a dish. I chose perhaps the wrong stall as my 60 THB shrimp fried rice was tasteless. Perhaps the other stalls would have given better food ? The place was full anyhow.

As for the fast track at departure, it had longer queues at entrance, security and immigration then the regular departing zones when taking the escalators up. Not worth the trip.

Hope it helps.

On 21.3.2018 at 6:16 PM, observer90210 said:

The place was full anyhow.

That was the problem that I saw when I last checked.

It was packed and even groups waiting at the entrance.

I have an idea what nationals the majority were.

Archived