Certificate of residence form(to buy motorbike or car)

What is the form for this, Phuket immigration volunteer says it's a TM30 which I'm sure is incorrect, my address is registered with little slip of paper in passport, nothing I said seemed to make a difference to her answer "this is the correct form, I work here) is she correct?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Correct it's not a TM 30 Not sure about Phuket but when I get my COR I do not go to the same section where I do my TM 30 on return to Thailand  

It's mostly in the same office at Phuket, the volunteer didn't know or didn't understand my question! 

It wasn't difficult I showed her my address notification in my passport, said "I want form to buy motorbike" her answer "TM 30, I know I work here"

Just now, Badrabbit said:

She was wrong, I know exactly what form I needed but she insisted she was right so too avoid an argument I just left and got the form via a link provided by another poster.

Last time I asked Immigration at Bangkok for the Certificate of residence they refused as I didn't have the 90 day report. I explained that I had just arrived back from overseas trip 40 or so days earlier so couldn't do 90 day report. Answer was No 90 day report No COR letter, hey ho..

• Sad 1

If you traveled outside Thailand and returned you will need the CoR application form as well as a TM30, had to do this just recently at Khon Kaen immigration. I submitted my 90 day report the same day, but that didn’t seem to matter, fee for CoR was ฿500.

Edited by Mbaki
Additional information

I recently renewed my Temporary Thai driving licences (2year to 5 year) in Phuket.

To renew, amongst the other documentation, I  needed the Certificate of Residence from Phuket Immigration. 

When I went to the Phuket Town office, I had the same issue as the OP. They told me to complete the TM30.

It took me a while to understand what the, overworked, volunteer was trying to tell me: Phuket Immigration use the TM30 form as the application form (effectively) for the necessary letter to the Transport department (C of R). 

Once I’d completed the TM30 and paid the thb500 fee (twice, in fact, as they told me I’d need two original Certs - one for motorcycle and one for car), they gave me the Certs no problem.

Yes, I do know there’s not meant to be a charge!

5 hours ago, SE23inPhuket said:

I recently renewed my Temporary Thai driving licences (2year to 5 year) in Phuket.

To renew, amongst the other documentation, I  needed the Certificate of Residence from Phuket Immigration. 

When I went to the Phuket Town office, I had the same issue as the OP. They told me to complete the TM30.

It took me a while to understand what the, overworked, volunteer was trying to tell me: Phuket Immigration use the TM30 form as the application form (effectively) for the necessary letter to the Transport department (C of R). 

Once I’d completed the TM30 and paid the thb500 fee (twice, in fact, as they told me I’d need two original Certs - one for motorcycle and one for car), they gave me the Certs no problem.

Did you try using 1 original and 1 copy? I hear that is accepted in Chonburi when applying for both lcences at the same time.. If so lying to you to make more money is pretty shabby.

A few years ago when i bought my first bike the dealer in phuket wanted everything . A special form you needed a tourist visa  and with my picture. Residence rental etc.

I had none but a picture . I went to immigration to find out about it all and just gave the guy 2,000 bht and he gave me the papers. 

Next time i bought a bike i just gave the honda dealer the 2,000  bht and a picture  and they did it.

And the next time i went to a different dealer and they did it all for free in 1 hour.

Its all legit my green book. Not sure how or who did what or when but i have sold 2 of the 3 bikes with no problems.

Just sayin. If you want to get a bike just go to a dealer who will do the paper work. Smaller dealers want youre buisness.

I dont think i would buy a car this way though. Much to big of a investment if its not on the up and up

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is identical to the form I posted a link for in post #2.

Yes hi ask about Phuket and this formal  they us in Phuket, a don't now what they us in Ubon R........ where you live.

On 23/03/2018 at 10:21 AM, SE23inPhuket said:

I got 2 originals for ฿500

A post violating the fair use rule has been removed.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A post violating the fair use rule has been removed.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Phuket Immigration Chief calls on expats to report ‘wrongful requests for fees’
PHUKET: The Chief of the Phuket Immigration Office has urged foreigners to read up on immigration fees for services, and report any unlawful document fee requests to an immigration supervisor, after a reader reported being asked by a clerk to pay B300 to obtain a certificate of residence.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-chief-calls-on-expats-to-report-wrongful-requests-for-fees-65831.php#s2pgT1rjsSHS5dLj.97

Phuket Immigration Chief calls on expats to report ‘wrongful requests for fees’
PHUKET: The Chief of the Phuket Immigration Office has urged foreigners to read up on immigration fees for services, and report any unlawful document fee requests to an immigration supervisor, after a reader reported being asked by a clerk to pay B300 to obtain a certificate of residence.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-chief-calls-on-expats-to-report-wrongful-requests-for-fees-65831.php#s2pgT1rjsSHS5dLj.97
Who's going to be brave and actually report it?

19 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Ok, so no CoR until you have done a 90 day report?  So that implies that if I move to Thailand permanently then I can't register a car in my name until I've been here at least 90 days?

As far as I know Chaeng Wattana is the only office that requires you to be doing reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to get a certificate of residency.

People have registered cars that are on tourist visas.

If you cannot get a certificate of residency from your local immigration office you can get one from your embassy that will be accepted.