Best place for Vios full service?

Orton Rd

Toyota Vios is due a first full service at 25k, kilometres, obviously I think the Toyota dealer we bought it from is the place to go. Mrs says cockpit can do it and better as they don't charge for labour. Toyota is 3.3k baht for the service then parts, it needs a new shock absorber anyway. Any thoughts would be helpful as the Mrs is so easily swayed by what her friends tell her, plus anything 'free' is like a red rag to a bull. I am pretty sure Toyota would be the better place to go to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

It's over 5 years old, she only uses it to go to Big C and I refuse to drive anywhere here due to insanity on the roads

Just assumed that only 25th it was newish. But I still recommend Toyo as that way you will get the correct parts and not some sort of copy.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Just assumed that only 25th it was newish. But I still recommend Toyo as that way you will get the correct parts and not some sort of copy.

Cockpit doesn't sell copies though...they stock both KYB and Tokico which are the OEM suppliers to Toyota.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Cockpit doesn't sell copies though...they stock both KYB and Tokico which are the OEM suppliers to Toyota.

You posts are factual, not assumed guesses , or with self aggrandisement hiding within  , are you in the Motor Trade.?. never use Cockpit anymore, but it is good

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You asked for the "best". Would suggest your main dealer would probably be the best as they will have knowledge of all recall stuff that only they will know about and fix. 

Cockpit, B-Quik will know about regular service stuff, as for cost differences just ask them..:stoner:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Toyota Vios is due a first full service at 25k, kilometres, obviously I think the Toyota dealer we bought it from is the place to go. Mrs says cockpit can do it and better as they don't charge for labour. Toyota is 3.3k baht for the service then parts, it needs a new shock absorber anyway. Any thoughts would be helpful as the Mrs is so easily swayed by what her friends tell her, plus anything 'free' is like a red rag to a bull. I am pretty sure Toyota would be the better place to go to.

If after only 25k km the car needs a new shock absorber it probably needs more than one (and probably more than shockers if this is the first full service it has had in 5 years!).  I hope not but you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Cockpit obviously charges for labour, either specified or added on to the price of the parts, otherwise it could not remain in business except as a charity.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

If after only 25k km the car needs a new shock absorber it probably needs more than one (and probably more than shockers if this is the first full service it has had in 5 years!).  I hope not but you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Cockpit obviously charges for labour, either specified or added on to the price of the parts, otherwise it could not remain in business except as a charity.

Yep, plus always change shocks in pairs.....I paid 800bht each for fitted shocks (gas) on my Toyota at B-Quik...

5 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

You posts are factual, not assumed guesses , or with self aggrandisement hiding within  , are you in the Motor Trade.?. never use Cockpit anymore, but it is good

I actually am in the motortrade. We operate a 15 staff service center in the north-east of Thailand. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

Yep, plus always change shocks in pairs.....I paid 800bht each for fitted shocks (gas) on my Toyota at B-Quik...

It had regular services but not the full job, 800 baht is cheap both cockpit and Toyota quoted the Mrs around 2000 each!

12 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It had regular services but not the full job, 800 baht is cheap both cockpit and Toyota quoted the Mrs around 2000 each!

All rides are different, some are simple and some are complicated..

Your ride each are around  1,750bht front, 1,250bht rear fitted at B-Quik. Get the Mrs to ask Toyota there cost to supply and fit.... 

• Like 1