Thai Police push for a 12 points and you’re out system for driving licenses

rooster59

If dangerous drivers would have to spend their weekends for a whole year at the emergency unit of a big government hospital, it might be a great start. 
For normal people yes. For Thais I doubt that's going to work. They always believe it never happens to me because anyway it is karma, protected by amulets and all that utter BS

15 hours ago, ronrat said:

We had a slaesman who lived next door to us in Melbourne.   He was forever racking up and 2 points penalties. He used to pay me or others the fine, a 100 bucks (2500  baht) plus 100 dollars a point. I had mates who had licences but never drove and in one case a fellow whose wife had died 2 years  and was heading to Thailand for 12 months, all took the fall. Probably 200 bucks a point now. The points were all expunged and started again. Only for red light cameras etc of course.

I'd suggest you don't complain about corruption in Thailand.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, wgdanson said:

My vehicle is registered in my wife's name. So any offences caught on camera, eg speeding, the ticket comes to our home address. She has a license but never drives. So how will that work?

she will still lose points , unless she gets a stat dec to say she was not driving and has the driver to sign it .