Kantoke Vieng Kaew on Charoen Rat Rd?

thaibeachlovers

Passed that the other day, Loads of tour buses parked up.

Can't find it on the internet.

Anyone been? Any good.

Does it have a different name as well?

The name in the title was on a sign outside.

The last one I went to was very disappointing, but willing to try again at a different place.

Thanks.

Great place to take visitors...

The Thai food is seasoned not to shock the GI track so a bit boring for a local... 

And telling them you are a local and want it phet mak doesn’t seem to help...

:coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The last one I went to was very disappointing, but willing to try again at a different place.

The biggest one is at the Chiang Mai Cultural Center.  Costs a lot at 800 Baht because they need to fit in 300 Baht commission for any agent or red bus driver who shows up.  It's touristy but not a bad experience overall.

Or for a smaller one, I think Huan Khachao is still running too.  Just pay for the food.  https://goo.gl/maps/9S24D3iyyHA2 

(so.. looking at Google Streetview I'm not actually sure it's still running, unless it's now indoors in that new building there.  I also cannot find it on TripAdvisor so that must mean it doesn't exist. :) )

Try Khum Kantoke.  Beautiful place.  Just off the super highway.  You can Google them, they have a website.

I also think Old Chiang Mai (formerly Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center) is a good Kantoke experience.  It was the first one in Chiang Mai, been at the same location South of the old city for over 20 years.  It's online too.

Both are good choices when you have foreign guests in town.

• Like 1