Tourists can't just come and do as they please, says Thai media

webfact

Tourists can't just come and do as they please, says Thai media

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A comment piece in influential Thai media Thai Rath has called on the authorities to inform tourists about what is acceptable behavior at important cultural sites.

A parting message in the piece by "Pleuangpayak" rang loud and clear to visitors to the kingdom: "You can't just come and do as you want!"

The article came in the wake of the case of the Serbian couple where a woman was pictured lounging about in a short skirt on a ledge at one of Thailand's most famous attractions - the sacred site of Wat Pra Kaew or the Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok.

The case caused widespread condemnation from Thais online.

The columnist praised crime buster Surachet Hakpan - the deputy commissioner of the tourist police - for taking a personal interesting in the case and hunting down the miscreants who were slapped with fines before they could leave the country.

In a request to the Prime Minister "Pleuangpayak" said that Prayut Chan-ocha should tell all authorities to inform tourists about acceptable behavior according to Thai cultural and social mores.

Tourists must know how to respect Thai ways and not be allowed to get away with bad behavior.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-29
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Darcula said:

Has anyone seen an actual pic of those Serb tourists at the cophouse when they were booked? 

Good point it is unusual that we see no pic of 27 of Thailands finest crammed into the frame with the evil doers sitting stone faced at the table.

Hmmn?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

This will get the usual suspects frothing and foaming.

It will be everyone except the white anglo saxons who are to blame for the imaginary problems encountered in thailand especially in the tourist havens.

It is obvious thailand has problems .

These problems are easily outweighed by the cost of living and lifestyle.

If tourists and expats dont like it there is a clear choice

Right! I can't take this verbal abuse any longer.....I'm packing my bags!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kannot said:

Oh you mean like walking on Yellowstone parks "KEEP OFF" areas, ok pal so inform your own  flock first.

So i must respect Thai ways?? ok so ...ok to throw  rubbish anywhere ( when no one is  looking or  looking round by me) Ok to drive  into oncoming traffic, Ok to overtake into oncoming traffic, ok to not wear a helmet....... so PLEASE , WHICH RULES exactly do and DO NOT  apply???????????? selective in the extreme 

The above are  "all Thai ways" and  YOU want me to "respect" them!!

Please wear traditional costumes on Wednesday as well and don't forget to say "ah Ho".

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Please wear traditional costumes on Wednesday as well and don't forget to say "ah Ho".

Sure , except note the woman 2nd left , I mean it was traditional, now  illegal so "again" which rule is it  hahahaah

thaicultureposter.jpg

• Like 2