Authorities set to ensure travel safety for Songkran travellers 

webfact

Authorities set to ensure travel safety for Songkran travellers 

By Thai PBS

road.jpg

As the Thai traditional New Year Songkran celebration is just two weeks ahead, several government agencies are now making preparations to cope with expected heavy traffic that will see millions of people travelling on all highways and on planes during April 11-17.

The preparation was to ensure safe travel for the people, and to prevent traffic accidents that in the past had claimed hundreds of lives and thousands of injuries during the Songkran holidays.

The Department of Land Transport and the Department of Highways (DOH) held high hope that they would be able to reduce fatalities in road traffic to zero at a number of roads it have selected for road safety campaign during April 11-17.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/authorities-set-ensure-travel-safety-songkran-travellers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-30

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

All vehicles to be banned from the roads for 7 days.

No, that's no good, C . . . Thai drivers would break this ban like they break ALL bans. Better that the Transport and Environment ministries club together and repair/resurface every road that is currently showing signs of cracking. That would ensure safe travel!

• Haha 1

Unless  they now sell flying  cars I should be safe as Ill stay at home,, the Thai govt are the last people Id  want protecting me  either that or theyll have to smash thru the perimeter wall, then thru the double  block walled house and finally  thru my tin hat to get to me

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ossy said:

No, that's no good, C . . . Thai drivers would break this ban like they break ALL bans. Better that the Transport and Environment ministries club together and repair/resurface every road that is currently showing signs of cracking. That would ensure safe travel!

Same propaganda for road safety, just a different year. Listen up people. There is NO substance to any of Thailand's road safety campaigns.  

• Like 1