Best way to deal with a cough in Bangkok?

Bonobojt

A couple of tricks that work for me when I have either nasty cough or cold is to take Manuka honey and Apple Cider Vinegar.

A teaspoon of Manuka Honey - should be UMF 10 or higher, taken straight, three times a day - can really help, especially if you start taking it just as you feel a tickle in the throat coming on.  A few times I have felt something coming on and have taken Manuka honey and it has never developed in to a full blown cough or cold.

A tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar (needs to be a good one with "the mother") in water taken three times daily can ward off coughs or colds quickly.

These remedies have worked for me.  Unfortunately Manuka honey is not so easy to find in Thailand and when you do it can be pricey.  Apple Cider Vinegar can be found in international supermarkets.

When I get a cold inThailand I have also gotten bronchitis, my Doctor has prescribed me,  Sandoz-Clarithromycin

fo kill the bug that get in your voice box, as well as the bronchitis. It has worked 2 times so far

and my coughing stops after taking the pills for 7 days.

Geezer

Well like I said, it started as a fever or high temperature, headache and low energy, then shortly after, the cough started so that indicates an infection but I also have some stomach issues at the moment, possibly bad food or something, so the fever could be from the stomach problem not the throat problem. 

Anyway, I just saw a doctor today and had a blood test. Blood test was mostly normal, white blood cell count was normal so maybe no serious infection I guess. 

• 4 weeks later...

not sure where I stand with this,after being put on dillantin for seizure's I was getting plenty of side affects.

one of which was,fever,very runny nose,then it would move down on to my chest,after about a week its gone.

now 2days before i changed the dillantin its come back again,but this time more severe.

for 14days,fever as before[3months ago] a dry cough,more fever,but the past 6days a very very bad cough bringing up plenty of green flem off my chest.i have to go to the hospital tues.so I will try and get an x-ray and find out if the new tablets for my seizure's [LECETAM 500] is connected as one of their side affects.or maybe its BRONCHITIS.

help SHERYL.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not a known side effect to dilantin or any other anti-seizure med. More likely you have a respiratory infection.

the problem I had with Dilantin was the interactions,those were most of my medications,warfarin,calium chanel blocker,omeprazole, since I have changed them,i no longer get,constipation,tremors,lack of balance,nervousness,

never before have I seen a med.with so MANY interactions.monday I will know if my warfarin range is back to what it should be.over 4months it was off the map.which for me that is very dangerous.