New Phablet Recommendations Invited

Hi, I'm after a new smartphone and would like to read others recommendations and experience with theirs.

Wants of mine are android, 4gb of ram, 64 gig of memory and a decent 6" screen.

Wifey has a Xiaomi Note 5a which is quite impressive so I'm leaning towards the Redmi 5 plus.

Anywhere between 6k and 10k baht.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

I use the Xiaomi Mi Max2 with 128 GB RAM, was 12,000 Baht.

My wife use the Xiaomi Mi Max with 64 GB and this was 10,000 Baht. 

Both Phones working very well and have a 6.44' display.

I have really a lot apps installed. I use the Phablet for work and the battery hold at least 36 - 40 Hrs. under heavy use, with Bluetooth, 4G, WIFI and GPS turned on.

Look for it at Lazada.

Edited by somchaiq
forgot display size
  • Like 1

My Samsung Note 3 stopped registering with the cell towers for some unknown reason.

I bought a Samsung Note 4 and the Redmi 5 Plus. Both cost me about 7,500 baht delivered

to me here in Canada. (Heading back to Thailand in 5 weeks) I have only had them both

for about 3 weeks. Both work well but I am more used to the Samsung. The Redmi battery

lasts a long time. I really like the stylus with the Samsung Note. I am very happy with both of

them. I will use the Note 4 as my front line phone and the Redmi as a backup. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, somchaiq said:

I use the Xiaomi Mi Max2 with 128 GB RAM, was 12,000 Baht.

My wife use the Xiaomi Mi Max with 64 GB and this was 10,000 Baht. 

Both Phones working very well and have a 6.44' display.

I have really a lot apps installed. I use the Phablet for work and the battery hold at least 36 - 40 Hrs. under heavy use, with Bluetooth, 4G, WIFI and GPS turned on.

Look for it at Lazada.

Xiaomi Mi Max2  Screen size is said to be 6.44 inch.

Does it have Google Store and all the Google features installed??

This was the problem I had when purchased a Chinese Nokia 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxymoron said:

i can defiantly second the Mi Max 2, i have had both the Mi Max and the Mi Max 2.. Holds up well on the specs and the battery even under heavy use will give you 10hrs of screen on time.

Only problem for me was that im prone to dropping phones especially after a couple of light ales and the bigger screen seemed to crack easier (did for me anyway) if i didnt have such butter fingers Id defiantley be using one now.

Shoppe have a great deal at 7250 which is cheapist i found one and which is where i brought mine from chck it out here (thai only) https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-Mi-Max-2-Ram4-64GB-(Global-Rom)-New-Warranty-7-Days-i.22121741.309305002

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxymoron said:

Google Store is installed and there is no limitation in downloading Apps. I also installed some apps from SD Card and everything is working. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As a follow up....

Finally got around to buying my new phone a fortnight ago and plumped for the Xiaomi Redmi Plus.

6 inch screen, 4 gig of ram and 64 gig of internal memory so ticked all my wants and the clincher was a 5290 bht flash sale with COD from Lazada.

Setup was a breeze and compared with my old Zenfone 5 operation is much smoother.

Thanks alot to everyone who contributed suggestions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2018 at 12:32 PM, 2008bangkok said:

i can defiantly second the Mi Max 2, i have had both the Mi Max and the Mi Max 2.. Holds up well on the specs and the battery even under heavy use will give you 10hrs of screen on time.

Only problem for me was that im prone to dropping phones especially after a couple of light ales and the bigger screen seemed to crack easier (did for me anyway) if i didnt have such butter fingers Id defiantley be using one now.

Shoppe have a great deal at 7250 which is cheapist i found one and which is where i brought mine from chck it out here (thai only) https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-Mi-Max-2-Ram4-64GB-(Global-Rom)-New-Warranty-7-Days-i.22121741.309305002

It seems that all Xiaomi screens crack easily compared to Samsung.

Does anybody know why the Mi Max is not sold with warranty anywhere ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=input&page=1&q=Xiaomi%20Mi%20Max%202&sort=priceasc

Thanks.

11 hours ago, gaff said:

It seems that all Xiaomi screens crack easily compared to Samsung.

Does anybody know why the Mi Max is not sold with warranty anywhere ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=input&page=1&q=Xiaomi%20Mi%20Max%202&sort=priceasc

Thanks.

I use the Mi Max for a while and as my wife broke her mobile I gave it to her. She is still using it and I got the Mi Max 2 with 128 GB storage. I can't confirm that it cracks easily and until now the Mi Max 2 is working very well. 

Xiaomi is a Chinese brand which first was only focused on the Chinese market and just started some while ago to export. Therefore the warranty is mostly not available, but sometimes you can find a good deal at Lazada with 1 year warranty. It takes only a lot of time to search for it.

• Like 1