Phuket’s new ‘lifeguards’ late, to go on show

webfact

Phuket’s new ‘lifeguards’ late, to go on show

The Phuket News

1522727900_1-org.jpg

A family enjoys Surin Beach, where LP Laikhum lifeguards will go on show for the Governor this Thursday (April 5). Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: The unfolding saga of simply getting qualified lifeguards to patrol Phuket’s beaches passed another embarrassing milestone on Sunday (April 1), with The Phuket News having to independently confirm that lifeguards hired under a new contract with Bangkok-based consultancy LP Laikhum Co Ltd actually turned up for work over the weekend as ordered by the Phuket Governor last month.

The Phuket News has received mixed reports, ranging from “swimming pool lifeguards” only – not qualified beach lifeguards – on duty at Surin Beach on the northwest coast to lifeguards just patrolling the sands elsewhere on Sunday.

With Acting Chief of the Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation (PPAO, or OrBorJor) Watcharin Patomwattanapong consistently unavailable to answer questions about the lifeguard crisis and no public information for contacting LP Laikhum for comment, The Phuket News finally managed to track down one contact at LP Laikhum – however, not an executive – who would only say, “I cannot give any details at this stage. Please call me back on Thursday.”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-new-lifeguards-late-to-go-on-show-66622.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-03

So long as they get scatterguns to cut down on the Chinese Wedding Photographers they get my vote.

Clearing the Volunteer Lifeguards from Kamala Beach by the army was Darwin Awardism at its best!

Edited by Psimbo

I wouldn't put my toes in that water.
Someone should have warned that family about sitting in the filth.

Should do a beach klong tour and make a thread with pics. Hmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk