Buddhist monk in Trang arrested with 88,000 meth pills

webfact

Buddhist monk in Trang arrested with 88,000 meth pills

By The Nation

tr.jpg

FILE photo //Google maps

Police arrested a Buddhist monk in Trang’s Muang district early on Wednesday after 88,005 methamphetamine pills and 0.5 grams of crystal meth were found in his room.

The monk, whose layman name is Wipat Kraithep, 33, was defrocked and charged with possessing drugs with intent to sell.

Muang Trang police chief Pol Colonel Alongkorn Simawut said he dispatched a team of police to search the monk’s room after receiving complaints from people in the neighbourhood that the monk appeared to be abusing drugs.

The monk tested positive to drug use after his arrest.

He told police that the meth pills allegedly belonged to his friend, Phatthakorn Srisongkram, 24, who left them in his room on March 27. The monk said the crystal meth was for his personal use.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342427

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-04

You could probably hide lots of drugs under a robe. I guess it takes all kinds.... as sometimes criminals have choice of becoming a monk or going to prison, safe to assume sometimes they don't take vows all that seriously

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

I would join the club. They have sex, drugs, lots of money, the only thing that keeps me from enlisting is their lousy Rock'nRoll.

A few weeks ago, my local temple was belting-out rock'roll music until after midnight, for 7 straight days.  You would feel really at home here, if you don't like sleeping.

He told police that the meth pills allegedly belonged to his friend, Phatthakorn Srisongkram, 24, who left them in his room on March 27.

That excuse works for Thai leaders.  Why doesn't that excuse work for the 'little people' I wonder?  :glare:

2 hours ago, connda said:

He told police that the meth pills allegedly belonged to his friend, Phatthakorn Srisongkram, 24, who left them in his room on March 27.

That excuse works for Thai leaders.  Why doesn't that excuse work for the 'little people' I wonder?  :glare:
Did I read wrong? What is the issue? Luxury watches or drugs?

Archived