Please Help With Marriage Visa!

:o hi all,can anyone guide me?...me and the thai mrs are planning on leaving the uk soon to live in our thai house{she has chanote},we have a uk marriage cert,i will get it translated into thai before we leave,..i know about the new 40k a month income requirement.....how do i show this income,i have a bank account with the yellow 1,ayudaha......do i have to have the £40k swift transfered each month from my uk nationwide account?this will cost £20 each time{not good}....or is there another way...i.e take a few grand with me to thailand and put 40k in the ayudaha account each month my self,will this work or does it have to be shown to come from overseas? ...anyway,once i have this income proof,do i then just take this together with my then translated thai marrige cert and proof of address to any,or bangkok only,immigration office?

am i missing anything out here? do i need a lawyer for anything?

... do i only have to show 3 months of 40k baht thai statements for my marriage visa to be considered?

all information much appreciated.....thanks ....

First get a 90 day O visa in the UK.

List of Documents for Non-Immigration Visa type O

at the EMBASSY / CONSULATE

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

Remark : Please Bring all Originals and copies

Then you need to apply for the extension of stay inside Thailand.. with around 30 days left on this visa.

List of Documents for Marriage Visa (Extension of stay based on marriage)

You will need the following:

4. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month. Bring this letter and proof or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked along with letter from the Embassy or proof of this Thai income by you or your wife with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

5.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

6.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

7.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

8.If working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well if working in Thailand.

9. Photos of your wife clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of your wife and you sitting on a living room sofa and pictures of the wedding. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

10. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

11. A valid passport

12.If married overseas, the marriage certificate must be certified at the local Embassy of the country where the marriage took place, and it must be translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This must then by certified by the District Office where the Thai spouse has their household registration.

13. If granted the extension of stay prior to 1st Oct 2006, the applicant can use the option of 400,000 Baht in the bank.

14. In the case of the foreigner who has entered Thailand and has been granted to stay temporarily before Oct 1st 2006, they may be eligible for an exemption to the new rule of 40K income per month but this is only on a case by case basis.

Our professional fee is 6,500 Baht plus 7% Vat. Government fee is 1,900 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 3 weeks later...
is it possible that i can changed my non'o' visa of 1yr for a marriage visa? I have a pension of more than 40k and married with a thai woman. And can i extend this marriage visa every year. Thanks for the answers in advance.

There is no such thing as a marriage visa. Yes you can get a 12 month extension every year.

See the Sunbelt post above your one.

is it possible that i can changed my non'o' visa of 1yr for a marriage visa? I have a pension of more than 40k and married with a thai woman. And can i extend this marriage visa every year. Thanks for the answers in advance.

You must have a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year from date of issue? This allows up to 90 days stay. You can extend any stay, with 3 to 4 weeks remaining, for one year and do so every year upon presentation of proof of marriage/living together and family income of 40k baht per month.

thanks for posting this info, but i have one thing i'd like to clarify...

you mention that i should bring originals and copies--should i bring my wife's ID card with me to america?

thanks again

thanks very much for the answers. I have now a non'o' retirement visa of one year. But i would like to changed this visa for the so called marriage visa. Is this possible? Thanks again for the answers.

Once again we don't know what you have as there is no one year non O retirement visa. There is a multi entry O visa valid for one year and there is a non immigrant O-A visa which you obtain in your home country on the basis of retirement and allows a one year permitted to stay stamp on entry.

But suspect what you have is an extension of stay for one year, based on retirement, and issued by Immigration in Thailand. If that is what you have you can change the reason to marriage when it is next do for renewal.

you mention that i should bring originals and copies--should i bring my wife's ID card with me to america?

thanks again

Copy of the wife's ID is fine in the States for the Thai Embassy/Consulate.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 1 month later...

thanks again

Copy of the wife's ID is fine in the States for the Thai Embassy/Consulate.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

just to confirm.........would a copy of the household registration be acceptable too?

For visas only copies, other than marriage certificate, are normally required. In home country likely the marriage certificate itself will be sufficient but it is best to directly contact the Consulate you plan to use as local requirements are often subject to change on short notice.

• 3 weeks later...